Chapter 016: Boot Camp
151 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although Longinus did not know the further details, he could roughly guess someone would definitely be unhappy with his surprise leave.

However, he didn't care much about it. Instead, he was a bit interested in the purpose of what that Captain Adkin was up to.

It did not take long for Longinus to meet Captain Adkin, who was carefully reviewing official documents, in a simple and formal meeting room.

"Report!"

"Come in."

"Yes!"

The soldier who had led Longinus in walked in and reported, "Captain, the recruit, Longinus, has been brought in under your command."

Longinus looked puzzled and felt that he was a wanted criminal who had been arrested and returned to prison.

Captain Adkin looked up sharply, and a hint of emotion appeared on his angular face, "Surely as young as Rear Admiral Jonathan said he was!"

"All right, you may go down first." Captain Adkin gestured to the soldier who had led the way.

"Yes!"

After only the two of them were left in the room, Captain Adkin smiled and said, "Sit down first! I think there should be more or less some doubts in your mind right now, and you are probably thinking that what you have done should not be enough for a captain of the Marine to make such a big trouble, right?"

"Indeed, Rear Admiral Jonathan has made his stance clear, and that should be my greatest reward." Longinus said.

"In fact, I came to you, one for public and one for selfish reasons, I presume!" said Captain Adkin bluntly.

"Because of my incompetence, making the Giant Rhino Alex repeatedly escape from the grasp of the Marine and causing several villages to suffer from demise. Every minute and every second, my mind is tormented, even once want to take off this uniform, to assassinate him as an adventurer."

Captain Adkin clenched his fists and said, "So, after knowing that you had killed Alex, my mind was finally relieved and I wanted to meet you in person to express my heartfelt gratitude."

Longinus shook his head, and the Kind Persona said emphatically, "A thug like the Giant Rhino Alex, no one with a conscience and ability would let him go."

"I knew you would say that, you are worthy of the rising star who was praised by Sir Rear Admiral as the light of the Marine." Captain Adkin said with an admiring face.

"The next thing I want to talk to you about is your future."

"My future......" Longinus slightly changed his mind, and confusion passed over his face at the right time.

"Marine Boot Camp, do not be confused by this plain name, and that is the cradle of all officers in the eyes of the Marine, those big names who have been promoted to Rear Admiral in recent years with a meteoric impact are all from there."

Captain Adkin took a deep breath and said with respect: "The reason is that the chief instructor of the Marine Boot Camp is a former Admiral, who captured countless pirate criminals and was known as a hero along with the Admiral Sengoku and Vice-Admiral Garp, the 'Black Arm' Zephyr!"

"Admiral...... Black Arm Zephyr......" muttered Longinus, knowing from the memory of that otherworldly soul that he was a purely tragic figure.

"It's been eight years since Admiral Zephyr retired from his post, so it's normal for you freshmen to not know. You just need to understand that as long as you can successfully graduate from that boot camp, you will come out to be at least a lieutenant commander to start at least. With your talent, it is not unknown for you to get as far as Lieutenant Commander and Captain, with three years you can go through the journey that most Marine's go through in their lifetime."

Longinus nodded and gave a dubious look in due course, "Captain Adkin, your purpose in bringing this up is......"

"For both public and selfish reasons, I was hoping to be able to recommend you to that boot camp, and I wanted to find you now to get your opinion."

"Stronger power is the only way to better guard justice. I naturally want to be able to better sharpen my own perseverance for justice, but it is not so easy to get into this level of boot camp!" Longinus said 'longingly'.

"Of course, I'm just a captain of the Marine, and I'm a nobody, so how can I bring you into the headquarters at once?"

"In fact, we have a hundred recommended spots every year, and only after two years of investigations are we able to confirm the final nine spots to be sent to the headquarters boot camp for further education."

"On the one hand, we need two years to clean up the possible threats, and it is not to worry about jokes, once there are pirates have been blended into the naval hierarchy, giving enormous losses to certain actions of the Marine."

"On the other hand, it is also because the boot camp has not been in operation for too long, there are many people who are set on this unexplored place, like the martyrs who have made great contributions to the marines with tragic sacrifices, their descendants are definitely to be given priority."

"Two years? Two years later, I will only 14 years old. I can still afford to wait for this time." Longinus is not surprised. Akainu and Kizaru, from the first term at that time, were already 23 and 26 years old, respectively. Even Aokiji, from the third term, has been 19 years old. The opposite, like him, is strange for so very young.

Moreover, after waiting for two years, his identity can also be recognized as a genuine line member of the Marine. In the future, treatment is completely changed for the one recruited in the process.

In short, those are the differences between regular employees and contract workers.

Seeing that Longinus did not have any objections or indecision, Captain Adkin also relaxed as he was still worried that Longinus would be angry and impatient in his youth, thinking that the examination or whatever was showing distrust of him.

He is really optimistic about Longinus and thinks there might be a place for Longinus as the future admiral, which is why he clarified things to Longinus at the beginning.

"In fact, there is the World Government......" said Captain Adkin with a stiff look and waved his hand: "...... cough cough, you should still have things to do, next I'll have the others take you to get familiar with the barracks first."

After Longinus walked out of the meeting room, he said in his mind: 'Is it because the Marine side has produced three extremely powerful monsters in a row, so that the World Government side is a bit restless?'

'Perhaps after some gambling at the top, the high-ranking officers of the Marine decided to concede two years to the World Government, which explicitly and implicitly gave the various bases a two-year examination time.'

'Still, those at the top of the World Government, perhaps underestimating how pissed off those at the bottom of their hierarchy were, didn't think about the kind of waste they'd go to the trouble of interfere with the boot camp, so much so that there was a huge disconnect between the first years of boot camp and the middle years.'

'In other words, that term in two years may be a coming wellspring for the Marine after several years of silence, so hopefully I'll meet some characters that slightly interest me!'

5