Chapter 066: Longinus, The Insensitive Man?
65 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the battle between Longinus and Tokikake was over, others didn't have many minds to verify the credibility of that ranking.

They were still immersed in the previous battle, unable to overwhelm themselves. A battle of this level is quite rare, even in the headquarters.

The only pity is that Tokikake is too less impressive!

"What kind of a scene would it be if...... Tokikake and Gion teamed up to take on Longinus?" Some people with active minds thought about it and said.

At the same time, many people also noticed that there was no one in the G-2 branch ranking below 100, which is a little scary. No branch has ever been able to do that.

Especially the two guys named T-Bone and Gregory ranked surprisingly within twenty, almost on par with the strongest of the other branches.

'Is it the G-2 branch's character that changed, or is it the man a ...... who brought about the change?'

Just as the crowd was gradually dispersing, a cold voice came out.

"Lieutenant Commander Longinus, if I may, please wait."

Longinus stopped and turned to look, only to see the tall young girl standing in front of him, with a pair of clear eyes that looked good, her lips slightly parted in vermilion, her satin black hair fluttering in the wind.

"Hmm, what can I do for you?"

"It's like this, although I relayed my apology last time, it wasn't formal enough, I still want to apologize to you in person, I'm sorry."

"Never mind, I didn't......" Longinus replied out of habit, then was abruptly stunned, "Wait, what are you trying to apologize from me over?"

"Cough cough......"

The gossip around nearly choked on their own saliva. What is this? Are you guys totally out of the picture?

Gregory, on the other hand, looked at several other people with a freaked-out look in his eyes, and the meaning in his eyes was very obvious, "See, I knew it, it must be the other side forcing the boss to hump."

Gion said earnestly: "Because I accidentally saw a book of quotations about you, I subconsciously thought that those deeds were all fabricated by you, and therefore decided that you were a despicable villain who would do anything. I was really bad before I jumped to conclusions without looking into the truth of the matter. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!"

'In a sense, I really am!' Longinus gave a secret sarcasm, then said warmly and zealously, "It's okay, time will tell."

Gregory, the self-proclaimed number one follower of Longinus, said resentfully, "It is indeed that you should take a good look at the seas near our branch, do you need to do so with the reputation of the boss? All this was compiled and recorded voluntarily by those who admire the boss."

"Although your popularity in the headquarters is not low, but when it comes to reputation, a hundred of you can't catch up with the boss!"

After hearing this, Gion did not get angry but instead looked at Longinus with admiration and conviction and said, "To get those people to do this voluntarily, it seems that Lieutenant Commander Longinus is really carrying out justice to his own beliefs, which...... I am too far out! "

"So, would Lieutenant Commander Longinus allow me to experience the power of your faith, although it is a bit abrupt, but please do grant my request, please, Mr. Longinus!"

"Experience the power of...... faith?" Gregory poked his arm next to Abraham and asked, "What do to she mean, she's trying to get the boss to give her a lesson on the power of faith?"

"Idiot, she's asking for a fight!" Abraham gave him a blank look and said helplessly.

"Huh?" Gregory looked at Gion angrily, "After all this talk, so this is her real purpose?"

"However, if she thought she could pick up a bargain, she was mistaken, the fight just now was not even a warm-up for the boss!"

The surrounding crowd also gathered again, although they did not understand what quotations or not, but the last sentence in the meaning of the battle request is obvious to hear.

"The power of faith......" Longinus asked with the same look, "Then you should think carefully, the battle is sacred and cannot be desecrated, and I do not hold back because you are a woman!"

"That's exactly what I'm hoping for, even though it's a battle with no chance of winning, I still want to see the gap between myself and the top, please!"

"It's good, I've never fought a swordmaster before, and this is an extremely rare experience for me!"

Longinus returned to the place where he had fought before and waited for his opponent's attack.

Gion took a deep breath, bowed slightly at the waist, put her left hand on the grip of the sword, and placed her right hand on the hilt at her waist, "The Meito (Legendary Sword) Konpira, which is no less sharp than the 21 Ō Wazamono (Great Grade Blades), please be careful!"

The moment her voice ended, Gion appeared in front of Longinus' eyes, her sword unsheathed to bring up a sharp disruption, and the beautiful slashing blow implied a deadly edge.

"Iaidō?" As if he was divining the attack beforehand, Longinus could avoid it with great speed.

Gion does not mind since she knows that her opponent is adept at Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki), and her speed is not at all below her own. Naturally, she cannot put all her hopes on that blow.

"Shino Sonata (Sonata of Death)!"

The layers of sword cuts converge to make it difficult to distinguish between the real and the illusory.

It is like a thorn under the rose, which hides a deadly killing machine under that rosy dance.

Longinus quickly evaded and retreated. Each time he just dodged, the ground beneath his feet got destroyed by the deadly sword power. It was like a dance performed on the tip of the sword, the crowd who looked away was slightly alarmed.

"How is this possible? I can't believe it's Gion who has the upper hand?" Some recruits asked in disbelief.

If it was before today, at least half of them would have sided with Gion, but after the battle between Longinus and Tokikake, no one would have thought Gion was a match for Longinus.

However, looking at the current situation, it seems something is not quite right!

"The fight between martial arts and swordsmanship is always dominated by swordsmanship. Longinus can take the attack of Tokikake, but it is impossible to take any chopping attack in the same way. Not to mention the Meito (Legendary Sword) in Gion's hand, which is no less than the 21 Ō Wazamono (Great Grade Blades), and if he got hit by it, the battle would almost be over!"

"No...... it is not right! If you look carefully, you can see that in this kind of high-intensity battle, Gion's physical strength is consumed very quickly, while Longinus is not even troubling his breathing for a few minutes."

"How is that possible? How could you possibly see through the trajectory of each of my swords? Even if your Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki) is strong, it is impossible to completely see through my attacks!" Gion naturally did not ignore what they could find and asked in a shocked voice.

Indeed, under the premise of the lack of Busoshoku Haki (Color of Arms Haki), people at the same level of physical strength will generally be afraid to fight against the swordsman.

However, Longinus is different. In addition to the Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki), he himself is a swordsman, and his mastery of swordsmanship is even above Gion.

Gion's attack was utterly unsuccessful because of his calculations.

"It's not wise to wander off in the middle of a fight!" Longinus did not reply but made the betrayal-like choice to catch his opponent's break and sent Gion's soft body flying hundreds of meters away with a shoulder slam.

"Hiss!" The surrounding students all exclaimed in shock, although they knew that Longinus' choice was the right one, but in this boot camp, any girl is a scarce resource, let alone a goddess like Gion, the treasure of the boot camp. Longinus' behavior of 'destroying flowers' was instantly labeled by them as an 'insensitive man'.

At the same time, they are secretly happy that their strongest competitor has the ability to lose points and leave!

5