Chapter 3
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“End’s Adventure Log, Day 12!” End’s loud, cheerful voice was almost drowned out by the sound of rain hitting a metal sheet.

End held the camera up towards his brightly smiling face with one outstretched arm, hugging ‘Mr. Hopscotch’ to his chest with the other. Mr. Hopscotch’s head was flopped over to the side, its ears drooping. Its front paws were stained a ruddy brown color and it seemed heavily waterlogged. End’s clothes were similarly soaked through. He had already taken off the light blue button up shirt and the long-sleeved black turtleneck sweater that he wore under it, standing there in only his shorts and a white tank top that had gone translucent, his stiff nipples poking through the fabric as he shivered. His damp white hair clung to the sides of his face, “It started raining all of a sudden. I had wanted to keep walking but it’s... coming down really hard.” 

The camera’s field of view blurred as End spun it around. He seemed to be in some kind of tool shed and through the open door all that was visible was the rain coming down in sheets, obscuring anything else from view.

End turned the camera back to his face and pouted, his bottom lip quivering as he puffed it out. “My backpack was starting to get soaked through and Mr. Hopscotch looked really sad.” End jerked the arm holding Mr. Hopscotch up and its head flopped back against his chest, its black bead eyes staring forlornly into the camera lens before its head flopped back down. “But it's not all bad!” End grinned once more, his pinkish red eyes narrowing into crescents. “Let me show you one of the best parts of being alone!”

The camera’s angle spun around again, this time facing deeper into the tool shed. End held the camera haphazardly, leading to a crooked view of rusted tools as End set Mr. Hopscotch down on a shelf, propped up against the back wall. He nestled the camera in Mr. Hopscotch’s arms and backed up. From its position, the camera could see most of the tool shed and the pouring rain on the other side of the doorway. Off to one side, End’s sweater was laid out on a shelf, drying, and his button up hung off the teeth of a rake.

End backed up almost to the door, his entire body coming into view. He kicked his sneakers off into a corner of the shed that the camera couldn’t see. He raised one of his legs, resting an ankle against the top of the opposite knee as he struggled to get his wet sock off. Finally, it came off and he flung it away before switching feet. Before he could get his other sock off he lost balance and fell to his butt with a dull thud. He shrugged and just finished peeling off his sock on the floor, flinging it at the wall, where it got stuck on a nail and stayed hanging. End stretched his legs out, wiggling his toes. He folded his legs underneath him and peeled off his tanktop. He unbuttoned his shorts and stood up, pushing his shorts down in the same fluid motion. He stepped out of his shorts with one foot, raising the other one to kick the shorts off into the back corner.

Standing completely bare in front of the camera, End folded his arms behind his back and leaned towards the camera, grinning mischievously, “And now for the fun part!” End turned and jumped through the shed door, apparently right into a deep, muddy puddle. His pale, slender legs became instantly coated with mud but he didn’t seem to mind as he stomped and splashed around as the thick rain came down on him. Eventually, he ran out further, the rain instantly washing off his legs. He threw his arms out and spun around, dancing farther out until he became nothing but a pale, indistinct form moving in the fog of rain.

Minutes crawled by but the rain did not abate and End stayed just out of clear sight. A flash of lightning cut across the sky and thunder rumbled. End ran back to the shed, leaping over the mud puddle and landing in the shed with a flourish. Then he flopped to the ground on his back, limps starfished out, panting hard, a slight flush of exertion on his face.

He raised his legs in the air and kicked wildly, crying out, “that was so much fun!” before dissolving into giggles.

2