Chapter 2
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you like the novel
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

I was quite a lonely child and my best friend 'Mr Ivoren'.

I always called him 'Ivy'.

He was not particularly fond of that name but he never complained.

We would play catch in the garden and he read me stories of dragons and knights.

Ivy was like a father to me.

He took care of the estate after my parents, unfortunately, passed away in a carriage accident

when I was five.

He would constantly fight for my inheritance with the emperor.

He was fearless, intelligent and selfless.

Every single day, he told me “I love you, Sebastian ”.

He said more than my real mother or father did to me

Sebastian sprinted to the office.

When he finally reached the office, he fell to the floor in disbelief and his eyes rained tears in mourning.

He kept chanting and chanting “Come to me, Ivy and tell me you love me one more time, please, I beg you, God give me this innocent man back.“

Anna struggled to keep up with the Master's speed and stood still against the wall to regain her fading breath.

She collapsed from exhaustion.

The moment Anna woke up, she saw a figure of a tall, broad man similar to Masters.

She called to the figure “My lord, I dare not to be so rude again but I can not see you.“

The man walked closer and it revealed her master's face.

He had bitter eyes and he was oddly handsome.

Anna expected her lord to be an old grubby aristocrat but he was a smart-looking man with a beautiful gaze. 

Anna slightly blushed but then her face immediately turned to dread.

”What if the Master thinks I murdered the Butler?“

She flinched at the thought of her head being chopped off for treason.

But then her rational side took a turn at soothing her worries.

Anna looked out the window and a miracle combination of sun and rain.

It was as if the sky felt the same as her.

”Maid, look at your master when they are speaking.“

Anna flashed back into reality and proceeded to intently listen.

Sebastian rolled his eyes at the disrespectful maid.

He could not understand but he felt strangely uncomfortable as if he had gone through a trance of disgust.

Sebastian scolded the maid for disrespecting him and how she will be investigated when the guards are back.

Anna was scared to point, she would rather take a pocket knife to her throat than face this unnatural fate.

”Get up and Follow me or I will have you flogged.“ Sebastian said coldly as if he were speaking to his enemy, not his 

employee.

Anna followed him to a cold, dusty room that looked like an attic but in reality, was a basement where only 'rats' would scurry this low.

She had a horrible feeling in her gut as something was warning her to tell the master, she looked up to her dismay and saw a small box of ancient muskets about to fall.

Anna pulled Sebastion back as if something possessed her body in that second.

They both fell on the floor.

THUD….

The rustic muskets that looked like they could give you tetanus by touching them, punctured a hole through the thin floorboards and fell on the floor under them.

They both starting coughing instantly due to dust being released from the muskets .

By the time both their sight was restored, their eyes were bloodshot.

0