Epilogue
68 10 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Katya opened her eyes, she could still feel the knife in her chest, the memory of Casimir's glinting onyx eyes fading was forever burned into her memory. But, the strange thing was, that she HAD a memory. She looked around but didn't recognize anything. "What the?" she muttered as a strange creature flew past her left ear. Katya took a step forward and looked around the curious world she had landed herself in. She gazed around, it felt like earth but something about where she was felt strangely alien. And yet, it felt home. She started walking, her talons sinking into the soft and squishy soil. Suddenly, a brilliantly colored dragon with scales shining like the sun landed in front of her.

"Who are you? I was under the impression I knew everyone in Kyria." The dragon demanded, their scales changing to a deep, dark red.

Katya was surprised at everything that had just happened, another dragon, besides her and Casimir? Their scales could change color? And what had they said? In Kyria? "Kyria?" Katya blurted out.

The dragon looked at her strangely, "Yes, Kyira..." They faked being confused and looked around, "that is where we are, aren't we?"

"THYRAN!" another dragon, this one much larger than the first one came running up to them, this dragon was a dark forest green and her her legs and tail, her scales made s pattern that looked like a bunch of flowers were blooming on her limbs. she looked much older and friendlier.  "Tyran! leave the poor girl alone!"

Tyran scowled, "But it is a stranger, Mother, you know what-"

"Yes! I 'Know what' but who knows what has happened to her! look!" The second dragon pointed to Katya's chest, she looked down and to her horror, she saw that she was covered in blood. But then Katya remembered what had just happened to her. Oh, she thought, the knife. 

She yelped, "What? I- Huh?" 

"It's alright dear," The strange dragon said kindly, she moved Katya over to a small river flowing swiftly past, "My name is Holly, I am Thyran's mother. I am sorry that he had to start demanding things of you as soon as you came here! You can wash off all that blood, afterwards, I am required to take you to Crow, our chief." 

Katya nodded and stepped into the cold and shimmering water, it was surprisingly shallow but not too strong, the blood quickly left her smooth and now shiny scales, and in a daze, she left its ripples. Holly smiled and beckoned for her and  Thyran to follow her. Katya obeyed not wanting to explore this strange world alone, Thyran followed too, but he did it grumbling, but he left as soon as they entered what looked like a village. 

The village was breathtaking with dragons of every color flying here and there, there were 20 different stands lining the dirt path, trying to sell everything they had to passers-by. Small dragons that looked like children were running around and playing with each other. But there were no dragons with the same raven-colored scales that she had. 

Katya stuck out like a sore thumb. For one thing, she was the only one who didn't look like she had any purpose, for another in a small village, this everyone was bound to know each other, but none of them knew her. And, for the most important reason, she was the only black dragon. Katya remembered what Kai had said about dragons her color, 'well- dragons you're color are often the most powerful- the ones that most of the time hurt others' If this were true she wondered what these dragons did to the ebony dragons. 

And as she passed, people stopped whatever they were doing, and stared. A few of them called out to Holly, who waved at some, smiling in her jolly demeanor. "We are almost there!" she cried happily to Katya. They both hurried their pace, but Katya wasn't sure quite where they were going, she couldn't see any large buildings or anything where she thought a chief would be. "And, we're HERE!" Holly announced in a sing-song voice. They had stopped in front of a cave, in which the inside was glowing with a blueish hue. 

Holly led Katya into the cave, and she could see the inside of it was aglow with light blue and silver crystals. Now, as they walked through it she discovered that it wasn't a cave but a long tunnel. And after a few minutes of walking through the multi-colored crystal-encrusted tunnel, she saw the end approaching her and at long last, she exited the tunnel to a brilliant dragon city. She could see that at the center there was a tall tower, made of many glittering gemstones and carves stones. There were a lot of balconies and dragons kept flying in and out of them. Holly beckoned to Katya and then promptly launched herself into the air. Katya followed.

It felt strange to fly in the air while there were hundreds of other dragons, but it did feel nice to be soaring through the air in a crowd of dragons. It felt freer to be with a group, instead of feeling like you were the only one, and knowing that humans were hunting you down at that very moment. As she and Holly landed on one of the pavilions Katya had a powerful wish to fly like that again. But right now she needed to find out what was happening. Her and Holly's talons clicked as they moved across the granite floors in the tower. Holly kept such a quick pace that Katya was panting after only a few minutes. Finally, she and Holly arrived at a set of huge oaken doors.

Holly knocked, "Chief Crow. Your stranger orders, I have one." 

A deep voice boomed through the doors, "Enter."

Holly pushed open the doors and she and Katya moved into the room. A gigantic dragon towered over them, and Katya was shocked to see that his scales were... black. He was a huge dark dragon with scattered silver scales. When he saw her, he murmured: "A dark scales, interesting."

Katya stepped forward, "what do you mean?" she asked, feeling small compared to this ginormous dragon. 

"A dark scale is someone with scales like yours, or mine. Normally only one dragon at a time has it, but..." the chief said, trailing off. 

Katya didn't say anything but stayed silent waiting for the chief to finish speaking. Chief Crow, cleared his throat, "Well a stranger is not normal in Kyria, and only one dark scale has ever been alive at a time, dating back to the time of Kyria, Kyria was a dark scale herself, you know. Anyway, I am afraid that I will have to lock you up, for the safety of my people you know. I a sure you understand. But, once you find a way to prove to me that you are no threat-"

Katya was about to protest but the hall doors burst open, and she saw Casimir. She smiled, trusting Casimir to be in the right place at the right time. She just wondered one thing, How had he gotten here, didn't he already die once? But now wasn't the time.  "Casimir!" Katya yelled. "How did you get here?" Katya hit herself mentally after the last statement, I just told myself I wouldn't ask that question.

Casimir walked forward, "Same as you, quiet Katya please?" he said.

Katya rolled her eyes, "Sure, whatever you say." She wasn't sure when Casimir had EVER been right but she didn't feel like questioning him right now. But he's never- never asked me to no. It is fine. He knows what he is doing. Katya backed up and stayed silent.  

Casimir walked forward a bit more, "Katya doesn't mean to hurt anyone chief, she just came from a different world- the human world." there were a bit of rather cheesy gasps, and Katya started to feel disappointed that this was starting to become some sort of cheap movie. 

"the human realm you say?" Chief Crow asked, "then how do you know she isn't a human in disguise, moreover, how do we know you're telling the truth?" 

Casimir looked over to Holly, "Mother," he said, "I don't know if you recognize me but it is Casimir- your little warrior, or Cas Cas or as Thyran called me, Cassi. "Casimir scowled at the last nickname as if he hadn't completely agreed with himself on saying it. 

Holly gasped and smiled, "CASIMIR! I thought you died! But- how can it be you- no. no, it is you, even after all these years. Are you sure we can trust this young dragon?" Holly said a lot of things at once, Katya stared at her, but luckily Casimir was really quick. 

Casimir nodded encouragingly, "I thought I died too, but I was transported back into the human realm. Of which Katya helped me escape. And Yes I am sure we can trust her."

Chief crow had been listening intently, "yes well  I think everything is in order, just one thing though-"

"then not everything is in order," Katya said without thinking. 

Crow smirked, "Well, I guess you are correct. Fine, most things are in order. But, the one thing you still need to do is have a question. It is a tradition and precaution of the dragons. I will ask you a series of questions that you need to answer truthfully."

Katya nodded, "I understand, and it is better than being locked up," she said, "and- if you don't mind, of course, I would like to take a look around. And know what it is like around here."

Crow nodded to Holly, "Can you take her around? Just, make sure she is back in here in about three hours." 

Holly smiled and gestured to her with her wing, so Katya followed her and Casimir out into the open air, and together, they all launched themselves up. 

Katya flew up to Casimir, "thanks I don't know If I could have escaped prison again." She laughed, bumping him with her wing.

Casimir grinned, "No big deal! But now you are in debt to me." 

"Nope!" Katya denied, "how many times have I saved your living?" 

 Casimir paused, attempting to look like he was trying his best to think, "Uhh none..."

"you take that back!" Katya tackled him in midair.

 Casimir wriggled away from her, "Alright! I take it back."

"Good," Katya said, satisfied. 

But, of course, Casimir had to ruin her satisfaction. "But seriously you have never saved my- alright alright!"

Katya swooped around in the air, happy for only a few seconds, but suddenly she felt a strange chill go down her spine. And It felt as though something she didn't want staring at her was. something that should have never been here, something hungry. 

But she tried not to think about it, at least not when the sun was high in the sky and- suddenly all sound left her ears except for one voice- the voice of something dark that couldn't quite speak and wasn't quite alive, but was trying very hard to tell her something, and its message wasn't good. Katya shuddered, she was creeping herself out. finally, all sounds returned. Katya shook her head.

"Are you OK?" Casimir asked, watching her carefully.

Katya looked around, trying to distract herself but suddenly a question popped in her head that distracted her from everything else, "Casimir how did you get here? Is it possible to die and get reincarnated twice?" she asked him, 

Casimir stopped flapping his wings for a second, "Well I guess it is possible- if it happened," he said, but something in his voice didn't sound quite right... as if she was not telling her something.

 

So, this is the end.... questions, please... I know this was super confusing. So ask me questions!! If you want to read more deleted scenes/one-shots, you can find them in "A New Perspective on Life" my book. if you skip past all the founding father slash fic sheet. Is there anything you need to know? I need to edit this book further before publishing it...

1