Chapter 1
3.2k 12 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

swaash!!!

"hmmf!!!"

huff... huff... huff...

the land that is once prosperous turned into a battlefield, infrastructure that was once awed by anyone is now nothing but pebbles, and dead bodies scattered around with nauseating blood could be smelled.

"kIlL!¡!"

a humanoid creature shouted, they were wearing black animalistic armor, its body is more of a mixture of lizards with its arm as two tentacles on both sides, behind its back, a huge creature jumped at high before landing on the ground before roaring, its features is nothing more of a dog and a hyena, it is bigger than a car and just the same of the creature, they are wearing animalistic armor, its fangs is sharp and brown with saliva's flowing.

its saliva dropped down on a destroyed car, and a second later, parts of the car started to melt.

the dog+hyena appearance started to dash, leaping through many objects before reaching the red hairy man who was standing straight glaring at his enemy.

the man, who was just standing, did not make a move and waited for the creature to bite him.

however, before its fang could reach him, he thrust his spear into its mouth, piercing the inside of the creature, until it lost its life.

the red hair man, who was known as Lucas threw the creature at the upcoming enemy with all of his strength.

with his red hair that looks like blazing with fire, his dark gold sharp eyes along with a ferocious gaze,

With his lean body along with scars and new injuries, and blood all over his body.

He did not mind this, he just stand straight at the hundreds of enemies in his front.

A second later, a rain of light came through the sky, mercilessly landing on him, he just pokes the ground and raises his shield and soon the fire was produced in his shield, getting bigger and bigger covering himself along with five women on his back.

As the light comes hitting the fire it just deflected it, those lights are nothing more than weapons by the enemy, firing at them seriously wanted to kill them.

The five women who were looking at the man could not help but feel angry, guilty, and...confusing situation.

"...Why... Why are you doing this...?"

One of the women said, her voice is dry and cracked due to the unknown feeling she is experiencing, she keeps herself from not crying, she wants to help but she is already run out of her limits, she has a broken arm and at any minutes, she will lose consciousness. Her long blonde hair is full of mess, dirt, and blood and dirt all over her body with her pointed ears, with a slight cut on her left ear, her emerald eyes could not leave the appearance of the man in her front.

"...the hell... I can't... Why are you...?"

Said the other woman, she has black hair and red eyes, just like the other, she could not fight anymore, she tried raising her arms and grabbing her weapon, however, her arms failed her expectation, she helps her left eyes and winced in pain, biting her lips preventing herself to cry out of guilt.

"...his..."

The other in the end started to cry while covering her mouth, she has auburn hair and blue eyes, she could not help herself but cry due to the situation they were in and at the man who are protecting them, she gripped her clothes and looked down, at most, just like the other women, they wanted to help him and forget what happened on the past and help each other.

Lucas just keeps fighting and fighting, mentally and physically exhausted, he did not stop, even getting dizzy and almost fell, his eyes burn with determination, and stomped the ground and gritted his teeth to the point he almost bled.

Hundreds of humanoid enemies keep pushing themselves to strike at him, to kill him, and to kill what he is protecting.

No humanoid enemies were left alive once they reach his line of sight, his range of attack.

A wolf-like monster jumped to his right, Lucas used his shield to bash the head of the wolf-like monster then spin and kick it to the stomach at the same time stabbing the other enemy that was about to attack the woman he is protecting.

The five realized that they were being burdened, but no matter how many times they said that he should leave them, Lucas turn a deaf ear and continue fighting at the same time protecting them.

"Lucas..."

A cracked crying voice came from the other woman, she has raven hair and lavender eyes, just like the others she has wounds on her body everywhere, and the sword that she always uses is already broken and unusable.

She stared at the man, who was once her fiance, gripping her chest due to an uncomfortable feeling, she tried to reach the man who was busy fighting off the enemy alone, trying to stand up but instead, she vomited blood.

"don't move."

Said Lucas who was stabbed in the left shoulder at the same time, but he paid it no mind and instead kicked the enemy in the stomach, pulled the sharp object on his left shoulder, and threw it at the enemy, piercing it to the head instantly killing it.

"....why... After what we did to you...?"

Said the purple-haired woman with amber eyes, she was emotionless and no one could tell what she is feeling, she too is heavily injured and already exhausted and could not move, her unreadable eyes are staring at the man who she hated but the one she hated is also the man who is protecting them, she stretches her arm and mumbles "heal" however, nothing happened, she stared at her palm before forming it into a fist and looked down.

Lucas did not respond instead smile at them reassuringly, but with eyes of telling goodbyes which made their heart feel uncomfortable.

Suddenly, an attack that failed Lucas to see shot his knees making him kneel with a painful moan.

A humanoid enemy manage to get a chance and jumped right in front of him and swing down that almost look like a sultan sword made of bone.

Thankfully, Lucas reacted on time and blocked the sultan bone sword.

"RAAAAHH!!!!"

Lucas screams and pushes back the enemy before swinging his spear horizontally instantly cutting its head.

This situation did not stop, Lucas did not mind the new wounds he is receiving, a blade was thrown at him, and Lucas dodge it but it cuts his left ear, he did not scream nor moan in pain, he keeps his mouth close and spun himself and at the same time threw his spear.

His spear was covered with fire and started to spin, cutting and burning the enemy in the field, then after a few seconds, it flew back at Lucas as if nothing happens.

Lucas smile and looked at the five women.

"Why...? Heh... Because..."

Suddenly, a beam was shot to his left knee, pulverizing his left knee until he fell...

The five women gasped in shock and started to cry even the one who did not express such emotion could not help but stared at the man who fell to the ground with a missing left knee, her eyes started to moisten, and tears started to drop down on her cheeks.

She tried to reach Lucas but she fell, she did not stop, she crawled until she manage to touch Lucas's leg.

"Lucas...? Hey..."

Lucas twitched and as if came back to life, she stand up forcefully while using his spear as support.

He coughs blood, and Lucas knew he is dying. He looked at the five women who were now crying, he stared at the girl who was holding his tattered pants.

Lucas patted her head and smiled at her.

The purple-haired lady flinched at the sudden gentle touch and looked down, wondering what she was feeling.

"...I admired you guys... Yes... I love you."

All of them widen their eyes at their sudden confession to Lucas, all of them were confused.

After all, Lucas was their enemy in the past, he did so many things for them to hate him, and despised him, there was even a time that they almost killed thanks to him.

They should feel angry, hate him, for what he did to them but... At this moment, those feeling was mixed with an unknown new emotion that was planted in their heart.

"Love...? What? Don't give me that crap!!! After all of what you've done?! You...you...you!!!"

Said the black-haired lady who was crying while looking down.

"...you killed my brother and now you are saying you..love us? What kind of twisted love is that!?"

Lucas just smiled at her and did not utter a word.

His shield that was now started to crumble with just one or two more attacks, he raises it and started to enlarge covering all of them.

"y...you...killed my family...."

Said the auburn-haired lady, she can't tell what she should feel, anger, hatred, but at the moment... Guilt and...forgiveness...

The others remained quiet...

Until Lucas spoke instantly snapping them.

"I'm sorry... Look, Just... Wait, reinforcement will come and your beloved man will come here too... Just... Just stay behind my back......."

They felt an urge to hit the man, but they don't need it, they did not even feel happy about what Lucas mentioned, the one who this five loved.

They don't feel at ease, why would he say that?

After all...

The man who they loved abandoned them at the moment of this catastrophe...

No, he did not abandon them, he run to get reinforcement and they accepted too...

But it was already three hours and the man that they loved is still not back, if it were not for Lucas, they would b already dead many hours ago.

'...I know, they were abandoned... But there is a reinforcement that will come... But it is not because of the Mc of this damn novel... But because of me... In the story, no reinforcement came, they were left alone on the battlefield while the male protagonist went toward the enemy's king to fight it and kill it just to save the world.'

" don't protect us by saying that you loved us!, you just want to fight those 'Foreigners' because of the hatred for them because they killed your family!!!"

'what nonsense is that?'

Lucas smiled that he found her sentence as cute, he knew she just said it without thinking out of frustration, Lucas knew his ex-fiance, not all of them...

"...Leticia... I will say this as a soldier hero... The soldier... Fights not because of hatred for his enemies, but because he loves what's behind him."

After saying that, a huge impact came to his shield, there are no enemies on the land, and all of them are dead, Lucas is also at his limit, losing a lot of blood is turning pale.

But he still keeps standing, using his solar as a support, his shield that now was big...

It received what can be called a huge solar beam from the sky, cracking the shield and shattering the shield into pieces.

Soon, what was in the sky is a worm-like ship that flying in the sky, it was big...

Too big that could fit three airplanes.

It also looks alive and has some deadly weapons on its body, at the right side of its body, something open letting out hundreds of humanoid creatures or now we called them 'Foreigners' riding on a flying bike.

All of the 'Foreigners' looked down at them and started to shout.

The weapons on the worm ship body pointed at Lucas and everyone...

Lucas frowned and knew what kind of attack it was that he poked the ground, and a blazing hot, fire engulf everyone, it grew larger and larger, and he created more firewalls layers by layers.

It looks like a wall made of fire, it has 15 walls of fire covering them.

Soon...

The ship like a worm that looks alive fired its weapon, letting out a huge beam of light, a heat that could pulverize anything, at the same time...a powerful attack that could destroy a city...

As the beam hit the first layer of fire, it instantly destroyed it, the next layer, and the next layer until it reaches the last firewall...

Lucas gritted his teeth and did not falter.

Unfortunately, the last firewall was destroyed but the beam attack weaken...

At the same time, Lucas stretches his arm, and tightens the grip on his spear, with all of his strength, standing up with all of her might despite missing one leg.

He threw the spear straight at the beam attack with fire covering it.

The spear that hit the bean continued to push forward, a second later the beam explode and the spear continue to push forward until it reaches the shipworm, piercing its body until it reaches the top of the sky.

The shipworm started to explode in each part of the body.

Alongside the enemies, that was still in shock losing strength all of the sudden and each fell to the ground instantly killing them.

They then stared in awe, they were relieved that there is no longer an enemy, all of them cried...

They then look at the man for who they should be thankful but...

Soon...

They widen their eyes and could not help but cried nonstop, they could not even feel like shouting, calling his name...

Their throat is dry, they wanted to scream and say sorry...

But...

The one who they wanted to ask for forgiveness was now turned into dust, leaving his broken shield and his spear that came backstabbing the ground...

And a single ordinary notebook...

******

*??? POV*

Gasped!!!

"Haa... Haa... Haa.."

I look around and notice something weird.

"What...?"

The place is a room and I just woke up on the bed...

And this room is familiar to me...

This is my room before I lost my wealth...

"wait..."

I instantly look at the mirror and sure enough...

"...I came back to the past..."

Staring at my reflection which looks young and full of arrogance.

It was no other than me

"Lucas Vermillion......"

I go back 8 years from the past.

"...the voice..... I feel like it's. Gone....."

I cried, after reincarnating here in this novel, I could not do even a thing, the voices pushing me to do what my role, as a villain...

Now, I came back from the past...

"What should I do?"

________

Zero: I can't explain these animalistic armors so...

Just search it on google 'animalistic armor' that's what it would look like.

Edited: zero: before I forgot...

Blonde hair and emerald eyes - Bianca Avery

Black hair and red eyes- Bellatrix Lestrange

Auburn hair and blue eyes - Estelle Adeline Stargazer

Raven hair and lavender eyes - Leticia Leonhardt

Purple hair and amber eyes- Diana Moonlight

64