Chapter 18 – She was so sweet.(First person)
228 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, it turns out that the fever I had was covid, and my sense of smell is still crappy.

Anyways, enjoy.

Scribble* Scribble*

After sleeping for an unknown amount of time, I stirred, and my eyes threatened to open at the sound of a pen scribbling on paper and daylight brushing my eyes.

"Hm? Oh, did I wake you, dearie?" - A pleasant voice entered my ears.

I open my blurry eyes, only to see—

"Post-apocalyptic pregnant milf wearing skimpy doctor clothes?!" - Was my first thought, rousing me from my sleep.

Indeed. I saw a statuesque barefooted 25-year-old female Ascended in her sixth month of pregnancy wearing nothing more than a sleeveless and stained doctor's cloak and an AR assistant over her eye and holding a pen and clipboard. Aside from that, she was also wearing some form of makeshift bra and panties made from an overused cloth with holes... and that's it. She didn't bother buttoning up the cloak, revealing her entire body and bulging belly.

The woman's greenish-silvery hair was fashioned in a wild pixie cut, perfectly suitable to her long facial structure and mature yet still youthful face. She also adorned a big necklace filled with bones and animal claws over her decently-sized breasts, and she had a few tattoos here and there on her hairless soft body, seemingly bereft of muscle.

Pregnant women are not exactly my thing, but she's a beauty, and my eyes couldn't help gaping at her.

"Dearie, I believe you know ogling is rude." - The pregnant doctor said playfully.

"Ops... Sorry..." - Realizing my mistake, I stop my rude staring.

"Haha! It's fine. I guess the place you come from is far more conservative with clothes, right? Must be a cultural shock for you." - The woman chuckled and said.

"Yeah, kinda." - I admit, though I didn't mention that most women are a few notches less hot than her.

"Well, you better get used to it. Most men and women here dress very little, some even virtually naked." - The woman said and continued to write.

"So, who are you, Ms.?" - I ask.

"Oh, my! Where are my manners? I'm Molly Abigail Watson, but you can call me doctor, doc, Molly, or Shaman, or whatever you want, but please don't add Ms. It makes me feel estranged." - The doctor, Molly, said in a chatty way.

"You're the Shaman?! I thought shamans were more... Spiritual?" - I raise an eyebrow.

"Technically, they wanted to call me Witch-doctor, but I don't like being called a witch, so I compromised with a shaman. As for why? Religious reasons. Want me to elaborate?" - She smiled, hungry for a good talk.

"N-No, thank you. So, doc, can you tell me my current status?" - I figured that the woman was a chatterbox, so I decided to ask something more relevant.

"Oh! Silly me! Yes, you had a nasty bacterial infection often found in newborns. However, almost all newborns only suffer from it for a day or two at most, and not this badly. I can attribute it to them being breastfed from the first day they are born and thus having the necessary antibodies to combat it. But you, on the other hand, had no suitable antibodies in your body, and your sick body was not strong enough to handle vaccination, so I figured the best shot would be the old-fashioned way, mothers milk." - Molly smiled.

"Ok... So, I was unconscious all this time just because of the infection?" - I ask, wanting to hear the information from the doctor herself.

"Partially. The infection did cause you to be unconscious, but your body was also shocked by the nutrient-rich milk of an Ascended, causing your body to continue being comatose to adapt to it. The mixture of the two also caused your body to lose its ability to produce heat properly, so we had to get you a living bed warmer." - Molly smiled warily.

"So that's why I'm in bed with— Wait, where are they?" - Only now I realize that neither Aleshanee nor Byhalia were next to me.

"Wow, you only noticed now?" - Molly asked in surprise.

"Yeah... My mind was preoccupied with the beautiful woman in front of me." - I say smoothly.

"Oh, my! What a charmer you are, but I'm already taken. Sorry!" - Molly said with a laugh while rubbing her belly, expertly shrugging off my smooth-talking.

"And, regarding your question, you can produce body heat again, so there is no need for those two to stick around all the time and warm you up. They can return to their lives and take care of their kids." - Molly smiled and said.

"Now that you mention it, I do feel better now." - I say while moving my arms.

Yesterday, they were still weak, as if I was sick, but now they were good. My muscles and joints still ached from not being used, but it was better than being weak.

"So, does that mean I'm cured?" - I ask hopefully, wanting to return home as soon as possible.

"Somewhat, but you will need to continue intaking breastmilk until your immune system is done reinforcing itself. It will take another 30 days, I suppose." - Molly said after some thought.

"Can't you give me a shot or something and be done with it?" - I continue to prob.

"I'm afraid not. You are way past using an injection, and using it might have unexpected effects even if you are healthy. You might as well use the all-natural treatment." - Molly explained.

"Damn..." - I sigh.

"Are you anxious to return to your world, Dearie?" - Molly suddenly asked.

"Did Dan tell you about me?" - I ask her, not too surprised.

"He did, yes. He said you're from a modern world that is 150 years less advanced and has superpowers. As your doctor, I am not that surprised." - Molly said with a scanning look.

"So, your Dan's confidante?" - I ask back.

"Does being a lover count?" - Molly asked back.

"You're his wife?!" - I cast her a weird look.

"Not officially, but I guess I'm the only one in this so-called tribe that can rein him in, just as much as he can rein me in. By the way, I'm already carrying our 14th child." - Molly said in a motherly tone.

"14th child?! But, you look so young..." - I exclaim in disbelief.

My mother, a woman that gave birth to five children, didn't look too bad, but giving birth five times had a toll on her, making her look haggard.

As for the woman in front of me, she can be called a new mother in appearance, retaining most of her youth.

"Oh? Haha! Being a monstrous superhuman being does that to you, I guess. Though I wouldn't recommend a regular human woman doing it." - Molly said with a laugh.

"Yeah, sounds about right." - I thought.

"Well, anyway, can I return after I am cured?" - I smile and ask.

"As you are now? Not unless you want to become your world's number one murderer." - Molly dropped the bomb.

"... What?" - I felt my heart drop as my face went a shade paler.

"Yeah. Even if you become immune, you're still a carrier of the bacteria. Although this bacteria needs a living vector to survive, it can also endure through dry air for around 45 minutes, just enough time to infect an entire airport with a few sneezes. And, considering that the bacteria has an incubation period of between 12 to 96 hours and most people are as vulnerable as you are, your world will be screwed." - Molly explained.

"So, I can't go back anymore?" - My face fell into despair.

"Hah? I didn't say that. I just said you will be the number one murderer if you go back now." - Molly innocently blinked her eyes at me.

"... Please, for the love of god, can you tell me if I can ever return or not!" - I say exasperatedly.

"Sure, you can. I already brewed you an anti-spreader, an ingenious little injection made before genetic enhancements became a thing to combat STD spread. It allows the one taking it to stop transmitting infectious diseases, including bacterial infections, for up to six months after taking a shot. I was waiting for your consent before injecting you." - Molly smiled and took out an injection gun.

"Oh, thank God..." - I sigh in relief.

"Thanks for calling me God, Dearie, but I prefer being called Molly." - Molly gave a cheeky reply.

"Haha, thanks, Molly. Please, do." - I laugh and tap my left arm.

Molly understood my cue and quickly injected the drug into my left arm. After feeling a prick, the gun was removed, and I only felt a slight tingle at the place I was injected.

"So, how long will it take to take effect?" - I ask my new favorite doctor.

"Usually around four to five days, but a week is recommended. We don't want an oops, I killed my world scenario, right?" - Molly said with dark humor.

"Haha, yeah, that would be horrible." - I chuckle, partially in relief.

"Anyways, you don't have to worry about not doing anything. You will need to rehabilitate your body for the next few days anyways. After all, you did stay stationary for a dozen days." - Molly turned around the clipboard and revealed a set of instructions.

"Yeah, I would probably need that. And maybe a good massage." - I say while moving my rigged shoulders.

"We have machines to help you rehabilitate, including massages, so no worries. I'll pick you up when it's time. For now, get some good rest. And don't worry about food. Those two girls will bring it to you on schedule, along with a healthy dose of milk." - Molly said with a chuckle.

"Haha! Alright, thanks, Molly. Can you ask Dan about the hospital logs and video feed? I kinda have a deal with my AR assistant." - I ask.

At the mention of that, Molly's face turned uncomfortable.

"I... will ask him." - She said and didn't move.

Learning from the past, I knew she was communicating with him, so I waited patiently.

After about ten seconds, she said, "He will come shortly. I'll be going now." - She said and walked to the door.

"Thanks for everything, Molly." - I thank her.

"That's part of my job. But there is one thing I would like to ask you." - Molly suddenly said.

"Yes?" - I ask in wonder.

"Don't blame little Danny." - Molly said with a bitter smile.

"Blame him for what?" - I ask weirdly.

"You will know when the time comes. If you need anything, there is a guard outside the door." - Molly shook her head and didn't elaborate and left the room, leaving me full of questions.

"What am I supposed to blame him for?" - I wondered.

A few minutes later, the door was opened again, this time by Dan holding two gadgets and a cable in his hand.

"You're awake! I understand you met that hag." - Was the first thing Dan said.

"Hag? What hag?" - I asked in complete confusion.

"You know, Molly." - Dan said again.

"Molly? A hag? She barely looks 25, and isn't she your wife?! Why call her a hag?! That's horrible!" - I said exasperatedly.

"Yeah, because you don't know how old she is. She is old enough to be my great-grandmother." - Dan said with a tepid look.

"Great grandmother?! How old is she?!" - I asked in shock.

"If I remember right, she is around 107 this year. I'm 45, by the way." - Dan said nonchalantly.1Does this count as a GGGilf? (Great Great Grandmother I would like to fuck)

"... Wow. So, your together with her because..." - I wonder.

"Because she is the only nearby woman in my Grade that isn't one of our children." - Dan said while placing the things on the table.

"Wow... and is there any love in this relationship?" - I curiously ask.

"At first, no. It was more of a union by instinct. The Ascended have stronger survival instincts than usual, and we will choose the best available partner, ideally from our Grade, with love being secondary. However, she did give birth to 13 of my brats and is on her way to giving birth to my 14th, so I do love her to an extent. That said, if you try hitting on her, I WILL rip off your dick and shove it in your mouth, partner or not." - Dan narrowed his eyes and warned dangerously.2I would take that warning seriously.

"... Yessir." - I reply with my now-dry mouth.

"Note to self. Don't hit on Molly, ever." - I make a mental note.

"Good, now hurry up and get Rosa. I want to get this over with as soon as possible." - Dan said agitatedly.

"Alright." - I reply.

"What's got into him? He's so on edge. It's like someone is stepping on his nutbag." - I thought.

Regardless, I still did as told and brought Rosa back.

[Iver! Did you get the records?] - Was the first thing she asked.

"Yeah. And what's the situation on the other side?" - I ask her.

[No worries, your good. Your friend, Mateo, covered for you for some reason, but I needed to help with the cover story.] - Rosa said.

"He did?! Wow. Did he do it because of Ariadna?" - I wondered.

"So, what is my cover story?" - I curiously asked.

[You decided to go on a phoneless trip alone for eleven days to get over your being fired, only bringing a digital camera. You came back yesterday night with a lot of photos as proof.] - Rosa said.

"Good job! So, what did I do." - I playfully ask.

[You went to multiple places in California... and did this and that.] - She hesitantly said.

"This and that?" - I ask back warily.

[Eh, you know, what crazy youngsters usually do when venting pent-up frustrations. Partying, getting drunk, getting laid once, and then proclaiming on social media in the drunkest way ever that you're a changed man and want to work hard to become a billionaire. That sort of thing. Ehehe...] - Rosa said with a dry laugh.

"You did WHAT? You destroyed my image!" - I freak out.

[Destroy what? Your already-destroyed image of being a poor loser that gave up on himself? I gave you the appearance of a young man with a renewed ambition for life while also getting rid of those gangsters' suspicions. Even your family is happy for you. Be thankful.] - Rosa said arrogantly.

"... Did you at least make the girl I slept with look decent?" - I ask the most critical question.

[Oh, yeah, no worries, girl-next-door level. Want to see?] - Rosa asked.

"Show me!" - I say and put her on.

She then showed me the picture of a college girl around my age at a frat party, holding a plastic cup of beer and dancing. She was thin, had small assets, and had two red zits on her white and freckled face, but she looked overall decent. A woman that an average guy can show to his parents and friends without shame but not near hot enough to raise eyebrows. Your average girl next door. She looked so real that I couldn't tell if she was real or fake.

"Good job! You've outdone yourself!" - I praise her.

[Nonono, YOU outdid yourself. Congratulations on evolving from a loser to a man with ambition. At least, that is what everyone thinks. Little do they know you're Drunk Speech is a preload to reality.] - Rosa said, not being cheap on praise.

"Thanks, Rosa." - I say while trying to ignore the loser part as much as possible. I already learned that she speaks without a philter.

[Hey, you risked your neck for my selfish request, almost getting yourself killed. I know I may be a mean bitch sometimes, it's part of my programming, but I can be nice to people that are good to me. Thanks, Iver. I mean it.] - She said sincerely.

"Can you two rub each other off when I'm NOT here? It makes me want to bang my head on the wall." - Dan's annoyed voice sounded.

"Ah, shit, sorry, Dan. Sorry for making you wait like that." - I apologize in embarrassment.

[Iver, stop apologizing. If you apologize to every random Shmock out there for something so trivial, you will tire yourself out.] - Rosa shed extremely rude pearls of wisdom.

"I'll ignore the Schmock part, but she is right, Iver. A boss doesn't apologize so quickly. It lowers your value and self-esteem." - Dan's eyes twitched but still said.

"... Eh... I'll try... Sorry..." - I lower my eyes out of instinct.

[...]

"... Sigh. I can't believe I'm saying this, but you should listen more to your bitch of an AI. She might have a positive effect on you." - Dan said with pursed lips.

[Fuck off! Only I can call myself a bitch, bitch!] - Rosa cursed back.

"... I see you don't want the hospital records and video feeds, so I'll be going now." - Dan narrowed his eyes and picked up the cable and gadgets, about to leave.

[Please wait o most benevolent lord Dan, your highness! Please forgive this humble bitch!] - Rosa made a 180 in her attitude and begged.

"..." - I didn't say anything, but my jaw dropped at her unprecedented reaction.

"Please stop before I puke." - Dan replied in disgust and placed the two gadgets and cable on the table.

"So, what are those, anyways?" - I ask curiously.

"One is a copy of the hospital reception logs, and the other is the video feed record from January 2150, the time of the Great Change. The cable is for her to connect to them." - Dan said.

"Nice. Thanks, man." - I thanked him.

"Sigh... Just get this over with." - Dan sighed and placed the two devices and cable on you as if throwing away a burden.

Seeing that Dan didn't want to talk anymore, I didn't dawdle and connected Rosa to the reception logs.

Less than a minute later...

[Found her! Lola Sainz, room 457, general department. And she didn't leave here!] - Rosa said in joy.

"Good! We're one step away from finding her. Dan, thanks for the help— Dan?" - I suddenly notice Dan's face turning abnormally sad.

"Hah? O-Oh, yeah, that's fantastic..." - He said in a sad tone.

"... You know her?" - The thought suddenly sprouted in my mind.

"... The sweetest girl I know." - Dan said while staring at the ground.

"... She's dead, isn't she." - I suddenly say.

"..." - Dan didn't reply and kept staring at the ground.

[I don't believe it! I refuse to believe it! Show me the video feed!] - Rosa demanded.

I didn't say anything more and connected Rosa to the video feed.

After I connected Rosa to the video feed, Dan suddenly muttered to himself in a daze, "She was so sweet."

I didn't understand the cryptic meaning behind his words until Rosa suddenly screamed the following words—

[You... You monster. You ate her. YOU ATE HER!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!]

 

4