ANNOUNCEMENT: I decided to rewrite the novel, shed the bad things, keep the good things, etc.
146 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yeah, As it reads, I am rewriting the novel. And before you say anything, DONT try to change my mind, I have pretty good and solid reasons to do this.

Currently, there are 20 chaps set in stone, and rewriting won't cost me much skin.

The reasons are as follows:

  1. The beginning was jackshit crap. I didn't like it, and I think you guys think the same. There was so much room for better development, and I am sure you guys can agree.
  2. Getting into the post-apocalypse world 22 years after. Yeah, after some research, 22 years sounds like too long a time. I think 2 years is better.
  3. Rosa. Fuck that bitch, I'm tired of her. I am sure most of you are too. It is also goddamn convenient to land in a one in a hundred-fucking-million house of someone with a special status. I think a nice girl next door is better, if not none.
  4. Iver is a pussy with heavy mental scarring. Sure, there can be a lot, and I mean, ALOT of development potential in this one, but damn, it is hard on even MY eyes, let alone yours. I think some average punk fresh out of high school is better, one with some balls on him, might I add. No Cuck here, no sir, just your average 18-year-old fresh out of high school, full of aggressive hormones, and sometimes thinking with his balls and not brains, like the rest of us normal people.
  5. I wrote the first 17 chaps in the second person, and damn, I want to change them anyways, so that is also added to the list.
  6. Divination superpower: Fuck that shit. I bet $20 the gov would send the secret service on every Divi-Ass schmuck that pops up and doesn't play ball, either getting silenced or sent to Azkaban (LOL). Yeah, a criminal shouldn't have ANY access to that shit, especially in an authoritarian oligarchy like the US. Even then, the level of divination I showed was too high-level, and would probably fry your brain if you attempt it.
  7. Everyone having superpowers should have made a major impact on the world(Logically), but they didn't. In a world where everyone has superpowers, you are pretty goddamn fucked. It turns into a dystopian world that creates a hierarchy based on POWERS over human rights. Think about the Superheroes and Sidekicks in Sky High(2005) movie, but put everyone in that school. That is not the picture I want to color.
  8. Messing with the mafia on day 1. C'mon... I hate myself for forcing the plot like this. It wasted all of our time on the bullcrap subplot that most of us didn't care about.

(I probably missed something else I or you hated. Anyways, you get the goddamn idea, and I think most of you will agree on most of them.)

 

So, while you all read (Or not, I don't give a crap) the shortcomings I thought about, let's get to the things I think are good.

  1. Superpowers: I want there to be superpowers in the protagonist's world, but they are more artificial and more controlled. You could say, a finite or hard-to-produce resource. Possibly from alien technology, Lovecraftian artifacts, whatever. Think about the boys. I want there to be a reason that the protagonist has powers, and not suddenly falling into a time paradox or whatever.
  2. The post-apocalyptic world's disaster: Yeah, that world's disaster was pretty good and well-thought-of, so I think it is worth keeping. That said, the whole hybrid thing gives more talent... I think I'll scrap it. Makes (infected) girls too easy.
  3. Realistically collapsing on the ground and (almost)dying from disease, like how the native Americans died. Yes, this is how you would end up in a futuristic world, you will die from a disease within days, if not hours.

 

So, now that you see what I plan to erase and keep, let's go to what I want to add/change:

  1. Talent: Previously wrote that someone with high talent can evolve by eating same-graded individuals. I take that back. Someone with talent can grow by eating anything, just like how a tiger cub grows into a big tiger, and a kitten grows into a cat. However, you can increase your talent by eating the crystal of someone stronger than you or eating a lot of same-graded crystals. (Has a low probability)
  2. Superpower convenience: Our protag got a VERY convenient superpower, a potential op one if used by the right hands. I think it is worth rectifying and nerfing. Maybe limit the number of transfers a day through (Insert reason). I think energy(Of multiple kinds) is the right way. Also, his superpower might carry... unwanted risks.
  3. The power scaling will be a bit different. Outsiders and Ascended should start at around 2 times stronger than normal, while the enhanced should be around 1.5 times stronger than normal. (Naturally, I am talking about grade 0). I am thinking about having a grade 3 around 20 times stronger than the natural power of a human, with End-game grade 5 being around 150-200 times stronger than normal.
  4. The reason for superpowers: So, I want to make the superpowers artificial, possibly through alien technology or Lovecraftian artifacts... Or both. Either way, there won't be a sudden flash and everyone gets superpowers boom and the world turns upside down. The number of superpowered individuals is rare, and will stay that way, and will also be controlled by the gov or powerful global syndicates... ILLUMINATI!!!!!

 

Ahem* Anyways, now that I said all that, I will give you a chance now to add/change/remove anything else in the mix. I am all ears.

Cheers!

2