Chapter 1 – Free finally
144 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever wondered, what was it like to be sealed away?

A legendary vampire who used to bring forth terror and death, an existence so unholy that even the demons feared him, now chained and locked away inside a tiny veil, a separate dimension outside of the mortal realm. He was so close to taking over the whole world, to enslave the entire humankind, only to fail at the last minute! Ah! How bitter was that?

Yes, that vampire was me. 

My full name: Lucas Aergon von Dracula. My other name: Shadow Terror. I would love to take the name: Black Death, but it was already taken by some other demon. Ah, so sad.

OOoops! My apologies! Being alone for many years has given me this habit of talking to myself. 

Ahem. So, for a time that felt like eternity, my world was nothing but darkness. Only me inside an empty void, unable to do anything. Unable to talk, unable to move, unable to sneeze. Worst, I couldn’t even go to sleep because of all the devastating, twisting, and ravaging hunger that vampires have for human blood. Of course, I tried to destroy the barrier from the inside many times. But my power was all negated, unfortunately. You know, when a vampire goes for a long time without blood, they lose most of their powers. I still had my immortality though. But what’s good about immortality if you couldn't do anything with it?

And, just like that, like a fly trapped inside a glass jar, I was held captive with nothing to do. So… what else could I do but enduring the torture of endless bordem and wait? 

And so I waited.  

And waited…

And waited…

Until…

I heard a crack. 

Crack! 

Ah! The barrier broke!

My children finally came for me! - That was what I thought at first. I even prepared a great evil laugh! “Yahahahaha! The great Shadow Terror now returns!”, was what I was going to say to greet the old world, like an old friend long time no see.

But when I actually returned from the void dimension back to reality… I… was confused.

Standing in front of me, a frail creature that looked like a human, but had a slight vampiric scent. I hadn’t seen any creature like this before. Was she a human? Or a vampire? Or a hybrid born as a defective off-spring of some vampire that loved funny experiments? 

It was so bizarre, and I was lost in thoughts.

But then…

“Great great great great… grandfather?”

She looked at me and spoke.

And I was like…

“Hah? Who the fuck are you?”

6