Chapter 4 – Blood 3
107 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reading that, my mental state was now like a tornado inside a volcano, full of unstable emerging angriness. 

“Ola…” I turned my head to look at Sera, as I could feel my eyebrows twitching uncontrollably… “Are you kidding me?”

“You… you don’t like it? But you haven't tried! Please give it a ch-”

“Coconut my ass!” I immediately shouted and interrupted her. “Honestly! What the hell are these!? I just want blood, why the hell are there sunflowers and coconut and freaking vegan stuffs!?” 

Honestly! These artificial stuff made me face-palm myself and heaved the longest sigh. 

“Argh, so that explains it,” I said while looking at Sera with disappointment. “You know, I have been wondering about the reason why my dear great great great GREAT granddaughter is looking more like a skinny celery than a vampire…”

"Skinny…" Seraphine tilts her head "... celery?. 

"Oy hell you are!" I grabbed her arms and wiggled it. "Do you know why? Look at your arms!” 

It was so small that I could wrap my fingers around it completely! And soft like a soggy noodle! I couldn’t feel any muscle fiber at all! Just skin and bones!

“So tiny! And look! Your legs too! Come on! Even a water flea is stronger than you!"

“But… your arms and legs are small too!” Sera defended herself. “Aren’t all vampires skinny built as default?”

“Haaah?” 

I gasped at such ignorance.

“Of course vampires are skinny!” I started to explain the basics again. “But you know, their muscles should be as hard as rocks! And you know that I haven’t eaten anything for centuries right?”

I then curled my arms to let Sera see my muscles. And even though I lost most of my gains during my starving times…

“Here, touch my biceps!”

And Sera poked it.

“WOW!”

She was impressed.

Oh my dear soul, I could not bear looking at this child any longer. Sera's body was really the worst among the vampires I had seen. Maybe that was why she didn’t look like a vampire to me in the first place. So thin, so fragile. I couldn’t even sense any power dwelling within her, even though the blood running within her veins belonged to the mighty Dracula family. We used to be the masters of darkness, the generals of hell! 

Even Lucifer herself had to fear us!

“Haiya…This is not good.” I leaned back on the couch to make another deep sigh. “All look, no substance.” 

Seeing me like that, full of disappointment, Sera proceeded to ask. “Am I… really… that weak?”

“Huh?”

Oh no… so she didn't know?

At this point, I didn't even know how to react. This was really what I was fearing the most. Sera had no sense of self awareness. And that meant other vampires were probably in the same state as well.

“Ah…” I wailed. “Our species!”

I nearly burst out in tears right there.

How could this be, for our descendants to become like this? 

In the past, due to my terrible injuries when fighting the Heavenly Gods, I was then tricked and trapped by the Helsing bastards. I was sure that my descendants would avenge me and take over the world while I was gone.

However, I was so damn wrong. As I opened my eyes after my great slumber… I was greeted by the sight of my malnourished great great grandchild… 

“This… this is… Unacceptable! Urrghhh!” 

I wanted to go somewhere now, to relieve all of this stress. Therefore, I got up from the couch. But then…

I stumbled and had to lean on the wall.

“Lucas? Are you alright?” Sera now looked at me with worrying eyes. She probably saw me losing my balance just now. 

Yes, I couldn’t even stand straight.

“Ah, I’m okay…”  

I answered. But, I was really not okay at all. Shit, this dizziness… I didn’t know if it was the blood I drank that was messing with my head, or just me being hungry after centuries without food. Whatever the reason was, one thing for sure, I had to go replenish my life force as soon as possible, and probably help Sera too.

And that meant…

“You stay here, I’mma go hunt.” I gave my order, then spun around a few times and shapeshifted into a bat.

“Wow!” Sera seemed to be surprised by my actions.

“What? Don’t tell me that you haven’t seen a vampire shapeshifting before?”

“I… I haven’t…”

Ah! 

Somehow, I couldn’t be surprised by answers like that anymore.

This child… honestly…

I really wanted to ask her more questions, but I had to go right now. Finding proper food is the most essential thing at the moment.

Thus, as a bat, I flapped my wings, propelled myself out of the window. 

“Sera, just wait here, I’m going to find us a really nice meal.”

4