Questions & Answers
36 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man looked at me a moment longer, then clapped his hands and smiled brightly.

"Perfectly. In that case, I will try to answer at least most of your questions tomorrow, but if you want to know something right now, then go ahead. "

I thought about it for a moment, what I would like to know the most.

"I have 3 questions now."

"First, why did you want me to become your disciple?"

The man calmly replied.

"It's simple, you have enormous talent and a lot of development potential, also you saved me, so I want to show gratitude."

I was a bit unconvinced about these assurances, but I will leave it for later.

"Second, what's with those dogs? They reacted to the photo of the medallion and are strangely obedient. "

"Do you remember when I said that your power took control? At that moment you managed to unwittingly summon and contract the two familiars. When the contract between the master and the servant is concluded, these in exchange for power from their master undertake to protect him and to be fully obedient to him. It's a long topic, so I'll explain it to you tomorrow, okay?

I nodded.

"And what's the third question?"

"You said that if you wanted to kill me, you would do it in Poland. What did you mean by that?

"Well, it just so happens that we left Poland almost two weeks ago."

" Wait what?! How long have I been unconscious? "

"About 2.5 weeks."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Do not be surprised, you used all your magical powers in a few minutes, and your body was not adapted to use magic, so a week and a half is still a short time. Probably it would only take a week, but your familiars have been taking your power all the time.

"Okay, more or less I'm catching, but in that case, where are we?"

"In my house, which in turn is located in the north of England. And since I've already answered your questions, I suggest you get some sleep. You are still weak, and the lack of food has also done its job. Can you get back to the room? "

"Yes, no problem." Then I turned to the stairs.

"By the way." Man remembered something. "I'm sure the door from your room was locked, so how did you leave?"

"Eeee ... fell out of the hinges ...."

I knew it was a bad excuse, so I did not want to look in the eyes of the magician and went upstairs.
_______________________________________________

Seeing that the boy was gone, the man breathed a sigh of relief.

"All in all, it's not bad at all, that he agreed right away. It would be a pity to kill him after all this. "

The man began to think feverishly.

"However, these eyes ..."

As soon as Andrew took off the medallion, his blue eyes took on a golden-black color again.

"... I feel that sooner or later it will attract attention."
_______________________________________________________

The next day I felt much better, though walking still caused me a problem. My stomach remembered about himself after a 2-week fast, complaining that I did not agree upon with him.

I went down to the ground floor, in the company of my familiars (whom I will soon give some names), and then I found myself in the dining room.

There was a long wooden table covered with a white tablecloth on which various patterns were sewn, and what was interesting next the table were only two chairs on two opposite ends. One seat was empty, and on the plate in front of it were two kaiser's, several slices of meats, cheese and tomato. In the other chair sat a magician who was just finishing eating. He noticed me.

"Oh, I see you are up. There you have your breakfast, just eat slowly, because your stomach maybe can not stand it.

I looked again at my seat at the other end of the table

(Well, I do not trust him, and he does not trust me. In the end, I'm not surprised)

I ignored the rumble and slowly started to get food. After the meal, the hunter spoke to me.

"So now we have a lot of time, so I will answer the rest of your questions."

"Thank you. In that case, tell me how exactly I defeated these people? "

"Well, if I were to describe it in one word, it's spectacular, even by my standards. When you awekened, you managed to defeat this blonde-magican, probably by surprise, although I do not know exactly because I did not see it, but you made his body crush half a meter deep into the concrete building. Then you called these two Barghests - and

"Barghests?

"Yes, in short they are quite strong fighting familiars, which weaker spells do not act on them."

(In the game "The Witcher" there were such monsters, although I would not say that they were powerful, but what will I compare life to the game)

"So back to the main topic, your dogs made with one mage buffet and you pierced the other heart with a single shot."

I did not know what to say. I ... I killed people? A terrible feeling came over me.

I shook my head.

(No, these people deserved to die, and when I got rid of them, I did a favor for the world.)

" I have one more question. There was a woman with a small child in this shop ... what happened to them? "I asked nervously.

"Do not worry, they are both safe, also thanks to you. The cleaners have already begun to modify her memory, so nothing will be remembered.

"Phew, what a relief ... wait, what kind of Cleaners?"

"This is a special group of mages that is meant to cover up the traces of battles like this one. In the future, I will tell you more about them. Do you want to ask something more? "

"No, at the moment not."

"If so, then you can go back to the room or look around. We will start your training in about 3 days. "

"Training?"

"That's right, but do not count on learning any spells for the next few months. First you need to master the control of what some magicians take up to a year, although in your case I think it will go faster. "

The magician got up from the table and started to go outside.

"And out of curiosity, why did not you ask me for my name?"

"I doubted if you would tell me."

He smiled and walked over to me, then extended his hand.

"I'm Edmund Hoarfrost. I look forward to fruitful cooperation."

I was sincerely surprised, but I shook his hand.

"I am Andrew Ceplinski and I have the same desire.

That's how I started my studies under the guidance of the hunter Edmund Hoarfrost.

1