V1 Chapter 1: End of his Miserable Life
68 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

In many different countries, there is always a hierarchy in society. The poor, the fortunate, and the rich. In the country called Japan, even if they are not in the top compared to the other families, they are famous all around the country.

The Miura Family had a generous amount of money worth billions but it was nothing compared to the other families. The Miura family was not famous for their riches and companies like the others, but their children.

Every child that has been born in the Miura family always had one or more outstanding talents. A child of six years would even be able to comprehend high school level academics, other children in the family who are in the age of eight to twelve would have monstrous physical abilities capable of even breaking several world records.

It was known that the first ancestor of the Miura family was a genius detective, barely reaching the level of the world's strongest detective at that time. Later on after he retired from his job and created a company, which became the Miura Conglomerate. He was admired and respected by all the people who have known him.

In every generation of the Miura family, there is always one member that would surpass the rest in his or her generation, and the members of the family expect such in the new generation. The newest generation being the seventh, with a total of twelve children from different branches of the family. And on a certain day the thirteenth child was born, it was a boy.

The mother and father of the child believed that their son would be the one member that would surpass the rest of the children in the generation, so they named their child according to the sun, so bright that he would outshine the rest, Haru Miura.

During Haru's six years as a child, he had below average academic ability and a weak physique, but his parents dismissed him as a late bloomer, but soon came a time where they regret having expectations on him.

When Haru hit his eighth year the rest of his siblings were already out of his league, turning him into an outcast of the family. Despite that he worked hard to improve himself, but no matter how hard he worked he was stuck in an endless pit. His father and mother not bothering him anymore broke him down into immense sadness, but he had someone that he could rely on, his older sister Yumiko Miura.

Yumiko was considered as the third most talented out of the seventh generation of the family, but she did not become arrogant like the other siblings, she was as kind as a goddess in the eyes of Haru, but on the other siblings she was far from that, alas he did not know her true nature.

He continued working hard to improve himself while being consoled by Yumiko. But one day rumors started circulating about the Miura family having a talentless child, which made the treatment he received from his family worsen. He was experiencing depression and was on the verge of breaking down, so he desperately found comfort from his older sister Yumiko.

But it was one of the biggest mistakes he has made in his life, in truth Yumiko was a two-faced bitch. She laughed at him when he was seeking comfort, enjoying the expression of betrayal Haru had, and he was left alone by his older sister who he first thought of as someone that he could rely on, but fate is cruel to him.

After the day of betrayal it seemed that the restraints that were holding back the family of tormenting Haru, which was Yumiko who ironically was actually not protecting him from them, were broken down. He was abused by everyone in the family, deeming him as a worthless child. It made him realize that the world is not as shiny and rainbows it was, he experienced the deep darkness and it slowly devoured him.

It turned him into someone that people would consider as a monster of society, a sociopath. But he did not show his true nature to everyone, he continued wearing his mask as the worthless son of the Miura family. Even if he wanted to take revenge against the family, it would be a futile attempt. Because at the end of the day they were right, he was the worthless son of the family, he was weak.

Time passed and Haru was currently a high school student, his siblings have already demonstrated their talents in society, making his social standing in the school and society even lower, comparing and ridiculing him to his siblings. Students often bully him for their own satisfaction, the teachers did not even pay attention to the incident.

Perhaps it was due to his family's instructions, he thought in his head. After all at the start of his high school life there were some teachers who willingly helped him from the bullying, but after a week some of them had their jobs as teachers taken, others were silenced and did not pay heed to the incidents.

He continued on wearing his mask, no one would even suspect him pretending to have an inferiority complex and being weak. He simply did not bother what the others thought of him, his life became monotonous and dull that people would mistake him as a robot piloting his current body.

When he became a second year high school student, he stumbled upon anime and light novels. It became something that brightened up his monotonous and dull life. Watching anime gave him a new experience, but it did not last very long.

Watching most of the protagonists made him hate them, especially the ones with the isekai genre. Seeing them acting as a hero with their foolish idealism of saving everyone first and not yourself infuriated him. They were some who were enjoyable to watch but most of them irritated him.

He transferred from watching anime to reading light novels, but his hate became worse than before. Now that he could read about the protagonist's and the side characters' actual thoughts, it made him disgusted. But they were light novels that he wholeheartedly enjoyed, such as 'Classroom Of The Elite', 'Arifureta' and practically those who have a psychopathic protagonist. Such stories made him relate to the protagonist or the side characters.

He admired the two protagonists, unlike him who is weak they are strong. Well one is very strong in a sense while the other is strong but on the mental side. The protagonist of 'Classroom Of The Elite' was like him, a sociopath in a sense but he is far from that. He had immense intelligence no human would possibly obtain, and on the physical side he was unmatched. Haru admired him for his strength and his character as a whole.

But the protagonist of 'Arifureta', he was relatable to him. He was like Haru, both of them were weak. Summoned in another world with the weakest job, despite that he worked hard into improving himself, but simply because of jealousy he was betrayed by one of his classmates that were also summoned with him, and fell down the deep abyss of a dungeon. But because of his strong will to survive, he did not die. He changed his mindset for the sake of surviving and set himself a goal, it was to go back to his home world.

Haru, too, wanted to be like him. Someone who changes himself, and has a goal in his life. But fate is cruel to him, and he can only despise himself for being weak.

He continued reading light novels until he was irritated, just like how he was in anime and stopped reading them. Losing an object that brightened up his life and it returned back to its monotonous and dull state.

———————————————————————

Haru POV

It was Friday which meant the end of the week, most of the students already went home or hung out with their friends. Of course I am an exception, they only talk to me whenever they start ridiculing me or bullying me, but they do not matter to me.

After buying a small but tasty cake from a nearby bakery near the school I went on my route heading to my apartment. The apartment was low quality, my parents probably did this on purpose to break me down even more, sorry to burst your bubble but I'm already broken beyond repair.

I'm working a part time job, a cashier of a small convenience store just right by the gas station. They had a pretty generous pay and the manager was pretty kind. I wonder when my parents are going to take the convenience store down. I am pretty sure they would want me to suffer even more, and me not being able to pay rent would suffice.

I am currently waiting on a crosswalk, the street lights were still green so I had to wait for a while. I considered opening up the cake and just eating it here but that would be rude, I also have manners you know. What? You do not believe me since I am actually a sociopathic person deep down? Well you are right on point.

Today was my birthday and I feel like some is playing on me. I was born in the seventh generation, I am the thirteenth son, my birthday is on July the thirteenth.... I felt shivers down my spine from this frightening coincidence, scary.

I soon became impatient waiting for the street light to turn red, why is it taking so damn long, and I want to eat the cake really bad. Tsk, I will just start heading home.

My patience went to the drain and I started walking through the crosswalk, it was very silent which is strange. Well I will be fine, there is no way some random truck will just spawn out of nowhere and hit me now will it? Yeah, there is no w-

I was interrupted by a loud sound of a speeding vehicle, I looked to the direction of the sound and damn. A truck is really gonna hit me, and the driver is just fooling around drinking a can of beer. Seeing such a spectacle in front of me I sighed and just accepted my fate.

"Really, this world really hates me on another level."

The truck hit me and I was sent flying to the side of the road. The pain surprisingly did not last long but I felt like my life would soon come to an end. I started reminiscing about how my life went, feeling the boundless hatred. I hated how my life was, my family, the school, the society, basically everything that I can hate. And lastly.....

I hate myself.

I hate myself for being like this, continuing to endure the pain, wearing a mask of indifference to my surroundings.

After all, I did not want all of this. Despite the abuse I felt that would make any normal person break down, I did not complain. I continued living a monotonous and dull life. I discarded the pain that I felt, because in the end I knew, I cannot fight back, I am a weak person.

But deep down in my heart, I only had one desire that overshadowed my hatred for everything.

I.....

I just wanted.....

But before I was able to continue my thoughts, darkness devoured my sight and I felt my life reach the end.

2