Chapter 19 – The Brilliant Magician
189 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19

The Brilliant Magician


 

The spell manipulated the Grimoire, drawing the witches out of its pages. The Overlord's minions had successfully linked the real world to the Grimoire, if only for a moment. Like a gust of wind was flipping the pages, the book twirled in the air as papers tore chaotically in the treasury. The soldiers watched as the witches and wizards, corrupted by the devils within, finished their spell to open the book.

A faint light came from the grimoire as two figures emerged.

“Get back!”

The princess warned as she appeared before them. Goldie wasn't like before she escaped.  This version of the princess spoke with the same high-pitched voice but with weight and power behind her words. Her eyes were sharp, like blades, as she glared at the group ready to capture her.

“I said, get back!”

Goldie warned as she stretched out her hand and released a fire spell toward the army of knights.

The soldiers shielded themselves, aided by the demons hovering over them. Goldie could see them, the devils controlling the people she cared for. Thanks to her mentor's training, the princess was in tune with her Kingsman blessing.

“I’m coming.”

A calm voice resonated from within the Grimoire. The second figure appeared next, and her spell was even more devastating. The room shook, and artifacts of all kinds fell all around them. An earth spell raised from the ground, tossing the witches and wizards away.

A demon within shrieked at the two witches from the body of a soldier

“What have you done to our lord?!”

A shadow appeared from a downed soldier. Just as Madalyn concluded, the Overlord's reach overtook the Kingdom. Multiple demons were raised from the soldiers and magicians, controlling them like strings on a puppet.

 

 

Goldie tilted her hat, partially covering one eye. Her partner, Madalyn, the great witch, smirked as she crossed her arms.

“That piece of your lord is dead. And soon, the last piece of the Overlord will die too!”

Goldie announced, angering the demons. They screamed and mourned with rage, bitterly cursing at them.

"We're outnumbered, Maddy…."

Maddy clicked her tongue.

“Then we make a path and find Arnold, Goldie! That’s the only way to win!”

“Yes, Madalyn!”

The spirits, infuriated, rushed the witches using the bodies of the soldiers. Goldie and Maddy fired a fierce spell connecting their powers, cutting through the hoard of demons. They aimed their magic directly at the spirits, destroying them. Undoubtedly the soldiers were harmed, but that was inevitable to save their lives.

“Goldie, lead the way!”

Maddy commanded. The two witches took to their staffs and flew over the downed soldiers.

“Follow me, Maddy.”

Goldie could tell that Madalyn was unsure, being in a brand-new world. The recluse’s world had changed for the first time in an endless amount of time. But Goldie couldn't get focused on that. The princess knew she had to be the light in Madalyn's world. Her beacon to follow in a strange land.

"The exit is coming up. Just follow me, Madalyn!"

A lone soldier crowded at the doorway, but the front of Goldie’s staff knocked him in the chin, causing him to fly back and hit a wall as the witches escaped from the corridor. Mages and witches took to their weapons.

“My lady?! Is that you?!”

Running down the corridor was the expert magician Goldie knew all too well. Goldie and Madalyn stood their ground as they focused on the woman approaching them. With her long greenish hair flowing down to her knees and ivy-colored eyes, she glared in astonishment at the witches. The expert magician rose in the air without a staff, showing her level of mana was nothing to scoff at. In a strange sense of amusement, she smiled at her soon-to-be opponents.

 

 

Goldie called her out to her former teacher bitterly.

 

 

“Ada!”

 

 

 

 

10