Chapter 22 – Wrath and Lust
177 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22

Wrath and Lust


 

 

In the peak of the afternoon, soldiers rallied, awaiting the King’s address. Knights and servants, all the same wait in the crowd as the people of their wonderful city look on, awaiting the words of their beloved King who lost his wife only days prior.

“People of Nora, the land blessed by the gods… I address you today as we all mourned the death of our beloved Queen, Annastella Kingsman the first.”

The crowd fell silent and every word that touched their ears resonated in their souls.

“In our investigation of the matter, we have discovered that foreign influences may have taken part in sinister actions against us.”

Chatter rippled through the masses like a small fire turning into a blaze. The voices got louder as the king roared his voice across the land of confused citizens.

“We have questioned these foreign spies and it has been confirmed that Annastella Kingsman, our loving mother of this kingdom… has been poisoned and murdered.”

The devils around whispered hateful lies into the ears of the people. Confusion and rage broke out among the people.

“Even my daughter was tainted by mind spells from the spies of our neighboring nation. She is resting and battling for her life as we speak!”

The idea that Goldendale, their princess whom many cherished, was harmed angered the knights and the people alike. Many yelled as they raised their weapons.

“Why would they do this?!”

The people screamed, cursing as lies were amplified by the demons.

“Our land was blessed by the gods! They gave us the place of gods ourselves. We’re rich, powerful, strong with pride!”

The king said as he held his hands to his people. The overlord within, enchanted his will as he announced.

“And as punishment for hurting our land, the gods have bestowed on me the answers we seek! The only way to heal this land…”

A faint smile appeared on the overlord's face. The madness in Arnold’s eyes spoke for the will of the devils.

“is to  destroy the Kingdom of Venalesa and take all that they cherish! And from there on we will keep going until the world of Sian has no sin!”

 

The Overlord smiled.

“Tomorrow, we will march. Stay uplifted, our world shall never be tainted again with sin!”

 


 

“I promised that I’d save you… didn’t I Maddy?”

 

 

 

Madalyn heard a faint voice, like an echo from a dream that ended too soon. It was the high-pitched yet lovable tone that was Goldie’s. Maddy’s eyes shot open in a panic.

“Nggg…”

Madalyn stood up in the palace's garden. The sky was night, and the sounds of a serene fountain echoed, causing her heart to pound harder. The strange sounds of the night made her shake in distress.

“Ahh?”

Madalyn's ankles brushed against the grass uncomfortably. Everything was quiet, aside from the running water.

“W-Where am I?”

The strange sensations brushed up against her. It's been too long since she'd seen flowers like these. The only plant she had within the Grimoire of Reason was the large tree out back that Maddy would occasionally read books under.

Everything… was terrifying to Madalyn.

She was in a world… that wasn’t hers anymore. She thought about Goldie’s motionless body, being torn into the void. The fear set in her heart as she traveled around the garden.

“G-Goldie?”

Like a lost child, Madalyn whispered as she held her chest and began walking. Unlike how she usually is, everything was foreign and frightened her. The only piece to this world Maddy had left was gone she ventured through the palace's garden.

“This is strange… I can’t feel the Overlord’s presence here.”

Maddy thought aloud as she walked through the garden.

“Hehe…”

Her heart sped up as she heard a gentle giggle in the distance. The great witch turned to see someone with long golden hair escape into the pathway to the north.

“G-Goldie! Wait!”

Madalyn ran, trying her best to catch up. As the bushes brushed passed her, the sensations were overstimulating. The sounds of wind weren't right, making Madalyn sick.

The air was fresh but wasn't rejuvenating. Deep in Maddy's heart, she wanted to cry, break down, and lie until Goldie found her. But her determination to catch up outweighed her fear of this new world that assaulted her.

“Goldie, wait! Don’t leave… don’t leave me behind!”

Her voice was hoarse, like in a nightmare when one tries to scream. As she followed this figure, it vanished into the castle gates. There was nobody around, and nothing felt connected. As if this world was pieces of memories strung together with only a fraction of cohesion.

As she journeyed through the halls of this beautiful castle, the surroundings made Madalyn disgusted. She missed the stars and the world she knew so well. The only thing that kept her sanity was the nighttime she grew to love.

“Hehe…”

The high-pitched giggle drew the great witch through the castle. Madalyn chased the sounds of footsteps until she reached a large door that was red with pink fringes. Madalyn stepped into a room, and a familiar scent lingered. Madalyn felt calm, knowing what room she found herself in.

“This is… Goldie’s room.”

Blissfully, she journeyed into a world full of books, as Goldie mentioned. There was a multitude of dresses and other garments raised upon the walls.

“Did Goldie… make all of this?”

Enamored, Madalyn finally saw the passions of the golden witch she adored.

 

Her heart nearly stopped when she looked at the bed and saw…

“Maddy.”

Her heart raced as Madalyn was faced to face with…

 

 

“Annastella?”

 

 

 

7