Chapter 12: The Relief
277 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a one hour journey in the carriage, the three travelers arrived in front of a large mansion where a variety of people dressed in clothes that appeared to be expensive were wandering around.

When Flor saw the lively atmosphere, she exhaled deeply as she rejoiced and took a deep breath "Haah! This is a nice sensation! Finally! I am freed from the obligation to continue working in my stench-filled mansion."

When they heard her, Kei and Willa both gave her a roll of the eyes. They were joined by their respective butlers, and Flor's butler couldn't help but shake his head inwardly as he lamented. The other two were accompanied by their respective butlers.

"Why are you even complaining about it when I am the one who is doing all of the work...

You just sit there and moan about everything...'

Nobody was aware of his struggles...

During the time that the three were excitedly looking around, a voice was heard, which caused all of them, including their butlers, to wrinkle their brows, with Joyab being the most obvious example.

"Viscount Kerina, I see that you have not changed a bit from the stunning appearance you always have,"

"Yes, that is correct, I do look stunning even if I do say so myself, but Viscount Heydon, I have no choice but to stay because you are still just as uncreative as you have always been. This is the thirteenth time that I have heard you start the conversation with the same line that you just repeated."

Kerina was startled when she heard a man behind her respond, and when she turned around, she saw that the man's face was contorting.

He was Heydon Youngee, a Viscount who likes Kei but who was rejected by her, and now he follows her around and bothers her at every opportunity in the hope of winning her love.

In terms of his physical appearance, he wasn't particularly attractive, but neither could one call him ugly. The combination of his blond hair, refined attire, and pointy nose, in addition to the mole on his cheek, gave him an air of shrewdness that, in all honesty, isn't that far off from his actual personality.

Naturally, regardless of how crafty he is, he would never have dared to pull any stunts in front of Viscount Kerina.

No, he did it not because he was afraid of some rules or other similar constraint; rather, he did it because he was afraid of Kerina herself.

A beautiful woman with a dead husband, a mother of one, and a noble Viscount to boot; who won't be charmed by her and would want to make her his? Many tried but they all failed. 

Her being able to survive in these conditions proves that although she may look like a mere viscount, she was not as simple as that. 

Heydon, considering this factor searched her past and learned a piece of shocking news. 

A few years back, there was an Earl who fancied Kerina and wanted to make her his concubine, after being rejected, he raged and decided to drug her and force himself upon her. 

Not only did his plan fail, but Kerina even demanded compensation, thinking that it should be solved with this payment, Earl agreed. 

But 'coincidently' the day after he delivered the compensation, all his crimes were exposed to the public along with their proofs. 

Of course, there is no noble in this world who hasn't committed any crime. 

But as they say, cheating is not an act worth punishing, getting caught is. 

The king was forced to take action and the Earl was demoted to a mere baron. 

Of course, the punishment wasn't as simple as it looked, how could an ex-earl now a baron, survive while being in the bad books of one Viscount and countless other enemies he created while being an Earl?

Unable to take the pressure, the Earl sold all his properties and left the kingdom. 

What happened to him later was unknown. 

Knowing this, Heydon dared not play any tricks. Even an Earl was unable to escape, how could he, a mere viscount take this risk? Although he liked beauties, he liked his life even more. 

"Alright, if you have nothing else to say, we will be taking our leave, since we have to meet a few of our friends later" 

Seeing that he was thinking about something, Kerina took this chance and walked away without giving him another glance. 

Heydon gritted his teeth, and then his eyes place on another woman. Fixing his hair, he smiled and walked toward her,

"Viscount Friede, I see you are looking as stunning as ever…"

The party started, in truth, normal birthday parties are only held in the evening, but Marques Eduart really adores his daughter and therefore launched this grand party which covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the whole day. 

In these types of grand parties, only low ranking nobles like barons and viscounts are required to arrive by the morning. Actually, in the past, it was these low ranking nobles who arrived in the morning to build connections, but as the time passed, it became a trend and it was considered disrespectful if a baron or a viscount doesn't arrive in the morning. 

So right now, all the people here were either barons or viscounts. Of course, the noteworthy thing was that Marques Eduart personally greeted all the guests without caring if they were barons or viscounts. This made everyone happy, and they even Keit lucky that they joined this party. 

After the Marques left, the barons tried to get into Viscount's good books, some introduced their children to each other, and some formed relationships in other ways. 

Of course, as experienced nobles, Kei and her friends didn't bother with viscounts and barons, they just greeted their friends before the three sat together and started chatting, catching up with each other. 

Although Kei, who was enjoying the conversation had already started missing a certain someone. 

Time passed and afternoon Kei, this was the time for the Earls to make their entry.

One by one, all the Earls entered the hall, and after greeting each other; they were greeted by viscounts and barons. Even Kei and her friends greeted the Earls they knew before everyone sat at the table and had their lunch. This time, Kei and her friends didn't sit alone, they were with a few Earls along with some other Viscounts. 

Kei, however, was already feeling that familiar sensation inside her little sister. She closed her legs tightly and straightened her back as she suppressed the feeling before she smiled and continued eating. 

...

After lunch, the garden was opened, Kei and her group excused themselves as they walked towards the garden, getting some fresh air. 

Time passed and it was time for the main party to start, starting with Marques, then the four Dukes of the kingdom, and finally the 3 princes, all these big faces appeared one by one. 

After another round of greetings, Kei finally couldn't take it any longer as she spoke, "Willa, Flor, I need to go the bathroom, I'll be quick, okay?" 

"Kay~" Flor replied and waved her hand nonchalantly while Willa nodded. 

Kerina walked away elegantly but when she detected no one around her, she quickened her pace and rushed into the bathroom before sitting on the seat and plunging her finger into her little sister. 

"Ahh~ The relief~"

6