Description Chapter (Legends and Myths: Trevenant)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The spirit of a Pokemon is one of strength. Strength of will, strength of focus. One that lives on in the hearts of their descendants and deeds. Those with an exceptional idea of self get to live in many different ways. Either it is in the ways of monuments and memory. Or in certain cases, in reincarnation.

 

The method is very simple.

 

A strong Pokemon or one with unused potential is born in its original state. Such a Pokemon either lives a life in the growth of power and continues on that path, or dies before they even take their first breath out of the egg. With those deaths come the usual regrets.

 

“Why didn’t I do this?”

“Why didn’t say that?”

“I should’ve left my money to my wife than a mistress.”

 

Common regrets that lead to the spirit being laid down. With a spirit weighed down by such potential, dreams, and unfinished business, they seek to finish what they have left. With the intent to continue their will, they need a form to act on it. The few unfortunate who try and fail to retain the whole of their form will become a common miasma that leads to the overall decline of mood wherever they die or get buried. It's why it feels unbearable to go to a graveyard after someone finishes their visit. Enough vague miasma will cluster together to form (and I mean no offense when I write this) the simplest form of reincarnation—a Gastly.

 

The so-called “unnatural way” for a Ghost Pokemon to form.

 

Thus, loyal reader, you may be wondering of all the better examples, why the humble Trevenant? Why not any of the ghost types inhabiting some of the other continents? Yet it is the fact that my home in the Surge brings life to a startling degree that I wanted to make an exception in this chapter. The surge continent is a unique mixture of Growth and Decay! Where the fall of the berry tree leads to flowers within a day. It is for this reason that Pokemon the world over will have their eggs here to grow! Why they all choose to die here! That choice can be found in the Trevenant.

 

Of course, there are a few decriers of the method to make an unnatural Trevenant or Phantump. None more so more than those who choose to make a custom form through the Honedge method or the much cursed (and from encounters with Inquisitors, illegal) method for Golurks. I will also not be taking the risk of detailing the method of Trevenants due to prior… unsavory uses of it. The point being that with a strong enough will and a sturdy enough tree, all sorts of things can be done.

 

Of course, with those more familiar with the arcane.

More familiar with the line between Spirit and Form.

There are those who can unite the souls in discordant harmony. 108 unique voices screaming for something that cannot be heard.

0