(Description Chapter) The Types of The World Part 2
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The myth goes that when Arceus created the world, they made beings of pure power.  Beings that embodied the powers of a newly constructed nova, instability of inherent power and natural born gifts made manifest.  Made first was the calamitous force of the dragon. Great drakes who crossed the skies, gifted havoc on the natural order and rule the land. And made last were a mixture of beings born from nature and the inherent love in each creation. Pixies that gave challenge to the Drake's rule. Today we will talk about the Dragon Type.

Dragon Types are strong, there is no contest on that fact.  It is that strength that leads to such a difference in treatment. Some consider this power to be a gift granted by the Creator themself, to be spread across the world with their name and renown to be spoken through history.  With the gift of intelligence came rule and order, so the natural way of becoming such a figure couldn't be through Tradition. No, mass violence and claiming heaps of territory in your name just wouldn't do anymore. So instead, it became common for some Dragon types to be tussling for a challenge, to prove their worth, as their place was life was defined by their birthright. Rescue teams, treasure hunters, bounty hunters and outlaws. All to solidify that a legend had live and legend would survive far beyond their meatly form. For what is life if not to leave memories of greatness behind. Who are you if not what people say of your character. Your mountain of gold will crumble and in time the world will forget you. But even as they alter your name, exaggerate your deeds, you in some way will still live on to be a part of the future. To serve as an inspiration or a warning, a tale of action or heartbreak. Either way, to be a Dragon, was to aim for something extraordinary.

Of Course, there were others that shared this idea of power, both within the typing and not. Due to this, Some Dragon types will stay a solitary figure for most of their lives until the mood strikes them to socialize. A dragon-type on the battlefield is a fearsome ally, so it does get tiresome to have hordes and legions of Pokémon continually ask you for help in mundane affairs.  The response to such requests may vary but, in the end, it is mostly ends in the silence of the night, with nothing but thoughts of self-doubt creeping into the heads of Drakes as the 9th hour comes. 
"Is this all I have? Am I just a tool to be used? A weapon to be deployed?"
Every Dragon will have to come to terms to this question in their own way, as this cold reality freezes them.

Finally, another perspective of this power perspective, come the Supremacists. Those who feel that through their power, they fulfill a natural hierarchy that was made for them.  This ego trip is spread through the children until they are forced into circles in which their typing is their entirety. This gives way for some fun scares to young ones if you have a friend with a type changing move or ability and they're especially gullible.  They push their young ones into social circles of entirely dragon types, leaving no room for emotional or mental growth as they reaffirm their biases and give way to new insecurities. Their identities are based off of being better.  Of course, their neighbor is a nice person but in the back of their head, the thought comes through that they are better than their neighbors. This unspoken goal of one-upmanship is once more shipped off to their children to internalize and allow for growth into a thorny and contradictory rose of arrogance and insecurity.  Following Power and Entitlement comes the need for respect, and if respect isn't given, it will be forced. Dragonlings are found to have been in extra brutal training sessions for some imperceivably small slight, coming home with cuts and future scars as liberties are taken with their development. The Old Guard is on top, and their culture will continue to be the Unspoken rule. Power Vacuums and social hierarchies constantly forming and crumbling, an unstable mess of souls trying in vain to divine meaning from a title they made up. Once exposed to the world, the children of such teachers will find themselves either jostling for position and carving their place, constantly looking behind them and flinching in the face of their superiors lest they learn by strict... correction. This brings a new side effect as they will be some of the most well-informed beings in the room when it comes to social dynamics within guilds, office spaces, or otherwise. Their paranoia is useful. Grim, but a fact of life.

It is said that Power is a corrupting force. Others say that power simple reveals what existed inside you all long. Both are true and false in their own way. In essence, the Dragons of yore have long since died out, replaced with their kin who hold half of their power but double their fervor. This belief and need to prove dominance in some way shape or form in what drives them to be some of the toughest things out there. When all is said and done however, you need to realize something important. No matter the assumptions some might place upon you, you are who you are. Your family name is dwarfed by your own character and no matter what background you may come from, or what type you are, you are great. Not because you are born into legacy, not because you are granted power, but because you simply lived.

1