(Description Chapter): The Types of the World Part 3
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Favorite Character?
  • Costello Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Liam Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soren(Braviary) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zata Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Floe Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thea Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morris Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arno Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lumi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Styles Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drestal Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2

Author Note:Writing stuff has been hard for a bit. I think I'm losing the urge to for certain projects. So chapters might not be the once a month or so I've been sticking to. Unless you want to have like 3 months of chapters filled with side story filler.

Numerous Types exist in this world, each put together by Arceus and Nature itself. The very Earth gives way to such creations. Today’s topic will discuss the planet's own Ground and Rock types.

At first glance, you may wonder what the difference is between Ground and Rock types. At its core, are they not the same type but in smaller pieces? It may be easy to confuse but there are a vast number of differences between them. While the Rock type is denser and more put together, the Ground type works best when digging through the dirt rather than breaking it apart. It is the difference between a Pokemon who digs and a Pokemon who mines. Similar work sites, different professions. While the Rock type may be the one to clear the path, it is the ground type that lays the foundation.

The common Ground type is much more experienced on land and knows the lay of the land. Some of the most experienced ground types will be able to lead you through a sandstorm and switch directions accordingly. Ground types in Mistico have been important in the development of the continent and the cities that inhabit it. Without collective efforts from the Hippowdons, everything from the irrigation system to the roads would be without support. While the culture surrounding Mistico is… dubious at best, there is no doubt that the survival of its Pokemon is something to be impressed by.

Though the Ground type is renowned for building, that is not to say that they are without combat capabilities. They are known for their control over the weather, a phenomenon that many a researcher has been trying to explain. Where once a simple wind blows through a solemn field. The placement of a Tyranitar suddenly turns it into a mass of sand dunes. While the cause of this is allegedly dependent on the Pokemon, foremost researchers have dubbed this one of the many variables that exist within each and every Pokemon. It is the elemental power that lives inside everyone that lets it affect the weather in such a way. Though in a Hippowdon’s case, it may be more attributed to the sand system on their backs. In any case, this makes them a dangerous threat to the unaware. 

Where there is Ground, there must also be Rock. The common Rock type is usually either made up of incorporated of a rock-like substance. This can differ as the common Dwebble will find a rock that fits their needs to carve out for a shell, while others like Rhydons or Carbinks will instead grow a rock-like substance naturally. The ingestion of certain metals and rocks and greens help with this, to the point that certain contests have had to ban certain concoctions that overstimulate rock growth. Such is the way of the world, isn't it? Back to the topic at hand, the common Rock type is defined by their high defense and resilience, as well as their ability to surprise the multitudes of Pokemon in the world. Whether that be the traps laid with Stealth Rock, the surprising quickness of a Rock Polished Titan like Garganacl, or the inner genetic strength of Ancient Power.  

The Rock type's connection is not only one with the world but with things long gone. Ancient Pokemon have been revived numerous times due to the intervention of Pokemon such as Jirachi and Xerneas, the former being wished upon by a rogue archaeologist and the latter's natural energy seeping into the ground. The rocks themselves are theorized to somehow become a part of their own constitution though that is still a shaky theory. Each fossil on revival is lucky to have the light of intelligence grace their minds, unlike those found in the dungeons above and below. 

Find yourself with the dirt underneath your feet and the rocks formed from pressure, unlike anything you've ever seen. The world itself is not a soulless rock nor is it a coddling protector. It is the house you live in, and whether or not your house falls apart or if it survives for another generation comes down to you. The ground itself is your foundation and the rocks to build on it. Keep Strong like a boulder. Keep Steady like the ground.

1