Chapter 607: Chaotic Tower
325 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This girl is really filial, huh!' Xiao Ming's mouth twitched slightly.

Of course, actually being beaten to near death for an easy breakthrough to the Reincarnation Stage was a surefire deal for any Samsara Stage practitioner. No Samsara Stage practitioner would refuse, as the step from the Samsara Stage to the Reincarnation Stage was immensely difficult. Countless practitioners had gotten stuck at that bottleneck.

Ying Huanhuan also took it without hesitation. As for whether she had the same filial intentions as Mu Lingshan, Xiao Ming couldn't say.

The next day, the trio left Fiery Flame City and headed for Martial Gathering Island.

Martial Gathering Island was located in the Heaven Wind Sea Region that Xiao Ming had visited earlier, and it was also the location of the Chaotic Tower.

For the people of the Heaven Wind Sea Region, the Chaotic Tower was a training treasure land that had been passed down from ancient times. It was said that a kind of Desolation Qi was born from within it. This energy could cleanse the bones and marrow, hence its miraculous property of strengthening the physical body. Under the purification of this Desolation Qi, one could undergo a complete transformation. Many strong practitioners coveted such an opportunity.

However, the Chaotic Tower was controlled by five great clans: the Wei, Gu, Su, Zhu, and Shentu Clans.

It only opened once a year at the beginning of the Martial Gathering. During that time, countless strong practitioners would converge there. After all, the Martial Gathering was a pretty big event in the region.

Today marked the annual opening of the Martial Gathering.

As the warm sunlight streamed down, the atmosphere on the huge Martial Gathering Island suddenly flared and heated up. Various sounds and fanfares converged and shot into the clouds.

There was an extremely magnificent and imposing giant mountain in the center of Martial Gathering Island. At this moment, the giant mountain was already permeated with the frenzied and passionate buzz of the crowd. Many platforms were arranged on the peak of the mountain, a sight that was extremely spectacular and magnificent.

As Xiao Ming appeared at the scene with Mu Lingshan and Ying Huanhuan, the area around the mountain peak was already packed with people. From time to time, the sound of breaking wind echoed in the sky as figures descended like locusts.

"Martial Gathering? Quite a coincidence," Xiao Ming observed the bustling crowd below. Then, the trio disappeared from their spot, and when they reappeared, they found themselves in front of an ancient limestone tower.

"Is this the Chaotic Tower?"

Mu Lingshan and Ying Huanhuan looked at the limestone tower with curiosity.

This tower exuded an aura of ancientness and vastness. Time had left its mark on its mottled surface, yet it stood as if it were eternal and indestructible.

"The Desolation Qi and the Great Desolation Beads within the Chaotic Tower have quite an amazing effect on the tempering of one's physical body. Even though I've already helped the two of you to temper your bodies, these two items will still be beneficial to you. You can use them to further consolidate your physique," Xiao Ming explained.

As he spoke, the space in front of him gently rippled, opening a spatial channel through which he stepped.

Ying Huanhuan and Mu Lingshan exchanged a glance before stepping in as well.

Clack.

The footsteps of the Xiao Ming trio echoed softly as they walked through the dimly lit stone tower. The space inside the tower was extremely vast, with moonlight pearls embedded in its walls. The soft light they emitted made the interior of the tower to feel increasingly empty and quiet.

Looking around, except for the saturated Desolation Qi that hinted at the tower's extraordinary nature, there wasn't even half an object that existed within its vast interior.

"First, try to draw the Desolation Qi into your bodies," Xiao Ming suddenly instructed.

"Aye," Ying Huanhuan and Mu Lingshan followed his instruction and pulled a large amount of Desolation Qi into their bodies. As the Desolation Qi entered, both girls immediately felt a spreading warmth inside, causing their muscles and bones to feel slightly scorching hot.

"This Desolation Qi is really effective!" the two girls exclaimed in surprise.

'Of course, it's effective. This thing is used by the Chaos Master for healing purposes. Considering that the Chaos Master is a 3rd Calamity Reincarnation Stage Practitioner, how could it not be effective?' Xiao Ming thought with a touch of amusement.

"Cultivate here and don't wander off."

Xiao Ming smiled and instructed before leaving the first level of the Chaotic Tower and making his way to the eighth level.

This level was a sea of purple-golden light. The Desolation Qi contained in this purple-golden light was exactly the same as the thing that Ying Huanhuan and Mu Lingshan had absorbed earlier.

When Xiao Ming arrived at this level, his gaze immediately focused on the center of the purple-golden sea. A giant that was three thousand meters in size was silently lying on the ground.

This giant's skin was of a purple-gold color, and there were some mysterious spiral patterns on his skin. Although he seemed to be in a slumber at this moment, the space around him appeared to be in a distorted state.

This purple-golden giant was one of the Eight Ancient Masters, the Chaos Master, and also the person with the strongest physical body in this world!

'Chaos Master.'

Xiao Ming floated in front of the purple-golden giant. Compared to him, he looked as tiny as an ant. He could vaguely sense the immense strength of the latter's physique, perhaps comparable to that of an ordinary Ancient Void Dragon. However, the aura of the Chaos Master was clearly unstable.

'This Chaos Master's injuries seem much more severe than those of the Darkness Master and the Flame Master.'

Xiao Ming wasn't particularly surprised in his heart to see the Chaos Master still unconscious upon his approach. Aside from the Life Death Master, who had entered the cycle of reincarnation, the Chaos Master was known to be the last to recover from his injuries in the original story. Thus, such a condition was not unexpected.

However, the current state of the Chaos Master was not what Xiao Ming desired.

'Since that's the case, let me lend you a hand.'

Xiao Ming opened his mouth and released black and white intertwined flames. The flames swirled around and transformed into a pair of Yin and Yang fish intertwined with each other. The black fish emitted a terrifying aura of destruction, while the white fish exuded a healing power.

The Yin-Yang Twin Flame!

Without any apparent move from Xiao Ming, the healing white fish flicked its tail and joyfully swam towards the Chaos Master through the purple-golden sea. As it did so, it continuously absorbed the Desolation Qi and rapidly swelled to three thousand meters in size.

Then, the now immense white giant fish swallowed the Chaos Master in one gulp, and the eighth level immediately fell into silence.

Moments later...

Hum!

The entire Desolation Qi of the eighth level surged towards the giant fish. Simultaneously, a majestic purple-golden light suddenly erupted from within the fish.

Xiao Ming saw this and waved his hand. In the midst of the purple light, a white fish flew back into the palm of his hand with a flick of its tail and joyfully swam next to the black fish.

Two streams of purple-golden light then directly enveloped him.

Looking up, he could see that it was the gaze of the Chaos Master!

The Chaos Master had awakened and was staring intently at Xiao Ming. His appearance seemed somewhat naive, but the sharpness that occasionally flashed through his purple-golden giant eyes completely shattered that naivety.

"Who are you? Why did you help me heal my injuries?"

The giant finally spoke as he looked at Xiao Ming. His voice, which was filled with surprise, thundered out like a storm, causing the space around them to tremble.

"I am Xiao Ming. I have come this time to ask you to do something for me."

"What is it?"

"Help me find the Chaos Ancestral Symbol!"

12