Chapter 610: Nirvana Heart
339 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ying Huanhuan fell silent after hearing Xiao Ming's words. Just as she was about to respond, Xiao Ming's voice reached her ears once more.

"Seeing that unhappy expression on your face, are you going to miss your Master? Ha ha, it seems these years of teaching were not in vain."

"Hmph! I can't bear to part with you, okay?" Contrary to Xiao Ming's expectations, Ying Huanhuan didn't deny it as she lightly huffed in response to his teasing.

"I want to go to the Great Thousand World with you!"

"You want to go?" Xiao Ming was a little surprised. "My journey to the Great Thousand World is not for leisure. My cultivation won't be considered top-notch there. Many are stronger than me; it's very dangerous. With your current cultivation, it would be more appropriate to break through to the Ancestor Stage before you go to the Great Thousand World."

"Moreover, your father and sister will remain on the Tian Xuan Continent. The Great Thousand World won't allow you to return home at will like you're used to now."

"Dad, sister... I..."

Ying Huanhuan murmured after hearing his words. Her tone began to lose the firmness it had started with.

"I want to go!" Mu Lingshan, whose eyes were darting around, suddenly raised her small hand and shouted at the top of her lungs.

Xiao Ming tapped her head in response.

"You are not allowed to go!"

Going to the Great Thousand World was risky even for him; he couldn't guarantee his own safety, let alone anyone else's. That's why he wouldn't consider taking anyone besides Qing Tan, his guide, especially Mu Lingshan, the embodiment of the Life Death Ancestral Symbol. What if something unexpected happened to her when she left the Tian Xuan Continent?

"No, no, Big Brother, I want to go! I want to go!" Mu Lingshan was undeterred by the tap on the head. She clung to Xiao Ming's arm and shook it vigorously.

Xiao Ming remained unmoved by her pleas until he grew impatient. Finally, he warned her.

"Keep it up and I'll send you right back to the Immortal Sage Whale Clan."

Mu Lingshan immediately calmed down. She didn't want to go back to her clan when she had the chance to be out and about!

The last time they passed her home on their way through the Chaotic Demon Sea, she didn't even bother to glance back!

While Xiao Ming and the girls were talking, an intense development was taking place in the Old Tomb.

...

After reaping a full harvest, Lin Dong walked through a huge copper door at the deepest part of the Old Tomb. Soon after, a peaceful stone hall appeared in front of his eyes.

There were no overly extravagant decorations in this stone hall. Instead, it looked rather simple and empty.

His gaze swept around the stone hall before focusing on the center. There, he found Ling Qingzhu already refining a dark green energy heart.

Lin Dong lifted his head as he fervently stared at the glowing dark green energy heart. This must be the most valuable and precious treasure within the Old Tomb!

However, at the sight of the jade-like figure on top of the green lotus, the desire in his heart cooled considerably. His eyebrows tightly furrowed, although he truly did not want to admit it, he understood that if he made a move, the chances of success were not high.

Moreover, he did not believe that this woman, who had been treated with the utmost seriousness even by Lin Langtian and the others, would be so naively unguarded. The subtle sense of crisis lurking in the depths of her brows was the best evidence. Therefore, the only thing he could do now was to stand by and watch.

In the air, Ling Qingzhu stared at the dark green Nirvana Heart floating in front of her eyes. Her lily-white hand light grasped as several green lights shot out from the green lotus beneath her feet, shining on the Nirvana Heart.

Ch ch!

As the green lights shone on it, waves of white mist suddenly rose from the Nirvana Heart. Meanwhile, signs of melting appeared on its surface.

As more and more green lights accumulated, the speed at which the Nirvana Heart was melting increased rapidly. A few minutes later, the Nirvana Heart had actually transformed into a ball of emerald green liquid.

Ling Qingzhu looked at the green liquid with her clear eyes. Soon after, she gracefully extended her jade-like hand to slightly lift a corner of her veil. Her lips parted slightly, and the emerald liquid in the air whistled down and entered her mouth through her rosy lips.

After completing these actions, Ling Qingzhu suddenly turned around and her eyes met Lin Dong's: "This young master is quite lucky. Even Lin Langtian and the others were trapped by the great formation outside. Your ability to break in shows that you have some skills." The veil on her face trembled slightly. Her melodious voice was like precious stones falling down, and her tone seemed to have a slightly indescribable flavor.

Lin Dong smiled wryly, his eyes shifting before he cupped his hands towards Ling Qingzhu, "I am Lin Dong. I have no intention of competing with the young lady for the treasure. I merely wandered here out of curiosity to see what a Nirvana Stage practitioner might have left behind. May I ask, what is this young lady's name?"

"My name is Ling Qingzhu. Since young master Lin Dong does not want to fight, Qingzhu will thank you first. I am about to refine the energy of the Nirvana Heart. I hope young master Lin Dong will not disturb me."

Lin Dong chuckled dryly. His smile was somewhat forced, but he finally nodded his head.

Ling Qingzhu did not seem to care whether Lin Dong's smile was genuine or not. She elegantly sat down on the green lotus, her beautiful eyes slowly closing. Soon after, the green lotus emitted a layer of green light that enveloped her entire body.

'Ai, truly such horrible luck!'

Lin Dong could not help but curse in a low voice upon seeing this. He had painstakingly reached this last area, but in the end, he was unable to get anything at all. It was practically two extremes compared to his huge hauls before.

Cursing was after all just cursing, there was nothing Lin Dong could do about it. Ling Qingzhu's green lotus was obviously an extremely powerful treasure, plus, the latter was still very clearly being on guard against him.

Thus, after cursing, Lin Dong's gaze could only sweep across the stone hall. When he saw the stone coffin, he hesitated for a moment. Then, he slowly walked over. He might as well see if there were any other treasures since he was already here.

When he arrived at the stone coffin, he saw a skeleton lying peacefully inside. The skeleton must be the Nirvana Stage practitioner. After looking around for a while, he realized that there was nothing there except for the skeleton, and he immediately sighed in disappointment.

"Elder, I took quite a few of your things. This young one will at least pay his respects." Lin Dong said helplessly as he glanced at the skeleton. Then, he bowed to the skeleton.

"Eh?"

However, just as Lin Dong was about to raise his body, his eyes suddenly caught sight of some small characters next to the skeleton on the wall of the coffin. Immediately, he hastily focused on them.

"During my lifetime, I've reached the Nirvana Stage through the Yin and Yang energy. Hence, what I leave behind requires the harmony of Yin and Yang to be unlocked. Without the harmony of Yin and Yang, one shall meet with the fate of being burned to ashes."

Lin Dong was momentarily stunned by the short sentence. His eyebrows furrowed. He pondered for a long time before he suddenly realized the meaning behind those words. He swiftly turned his gaze to Ling Qingzhu floating in the air. His face immediately turned extremely fascinating and odd.

The tomb owner's reference to the power of Yin and Yang naturally did not refer to the Yin and Yang energy from heaven and earth, but rather the male (Yang) and female (Yin) energies. If one put it nicely, it was called Yin and Yang energy, while if one put it crudely, it would be called dual cultivation. To those who used this power to strengthen themselves, in a flattering way, they would be called joyful grandmasters; derogatorily, they would be referred to as corrupt practitioners, or in the harshest terms, lechers.

A Nirvana Heart left behind by a lecher with dual cultivation as a prerequisite for its refinement had been absorbed by Ling Qingzhu. And, ironically, he was the only man around. Lin Dong suddenly felt that things were about to get very awkward...

9