Chapter 8: Jia Nan Academy and Misty Cloud Sect
8.4k 7 258
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ignoring the old faces of several people smiling like wrinkled raisins, Xiao Ming quickly stepped forward and bowed, "Patriarch, three elders!".

"Don't be too polite, sit down, and let's chat". Xiao Zhan was about to reply when eldest Elder stepped in front of him and said hurriedly.

This old fox!

When his own words were snatched away, Xiao Zhan felt somewhat annoyed inside, he knew what these elders had in mind, they just wanted to win over the genius Xiao Ming.

For the Xiao family, a family that could only hide in Wutan City, a genius of Xiao Ming's caliber has no small voice within the family.

Moreover, Xiao Ming had no rival, so it was normal for all the Xiao family members to fawn over at Xiao Ming.

Looking at Xiao Ming, who had already taken a seat and was behaving in a mature and stable manner, Xiao Zhan somehow thought of his own son Xiao Yan.

Since Xiao Ming had appeared out of nowhere, he had lost his usual carefree appearance and instead had been working hard to cultivate, probably suffering a lot in the process.

After Xiao Ming sat down, he first exchanged pleasantries with the elders, but there was a bit of a generation gap as there was a big age difference between them, and after some awkward conversations, Xiao Ming raised his questions.

"Patriarch and elders, what is the reason for calling Xiao Ming here?"

Xiao Zhan was awakened from his contemplation by Xiao Ming's question.

"Nothing really, we just wanted to ask you about your future plans."

"Future plans?"

"Yes, before that, can you tell us about your current cultivation level?"

Xiao Ming was a bit puzzled, "What does future planning have to do with the current cultivation level?"

"Actually, it doesn't have much to do with it, I'm just a little curious." Xiao Zhan awkwardly touched his nose.

Other elders also cast curious glances.

After Xiao Ming demonstrated his Dou Practitioner strength, he stopped going to the Magic Stone Monument test because every time he took the test, a group of small children would surround him, chattering and bothering him nonstop.

Because of the closeness of his clanmates, Xiao Ming could not resent and scold them, so he simply did not go to the Dou Qi test later, and the others did not say anything, after all, geniuses always have privileges, don't they?

Seeing Xiao Zhan and the others looking at him with bated breath, Xiao Ming didn't hide it and spoke lightly, "It's already three stars Dou Practitioner."

"Hiss~" Xiao Zhan and some of the elders sucked in a breath of cold air, a six-year-old three-star Dou Practitioner, that was terrifying as hell!

Xiao Ming seeing that they were so shocked that their eyes were going to fall out was a little speechless.

The Dou Practitioner stage's cultivation speed was already faster than the Dou Disciple stage, and given his previous cultivation speed, this cultivation speed was more than normal, if it was not for the foundation, he could have cultivated even faster.

Coughing lightly, he reminded them to get back to their senses, "Several elders, can we get down to business?"

"Yes, that's fine, in fact, we called you just to plan for your future, you are more or less aware of our family's situation, the Xiao family is not exactly a big family."

Xiao Ming nodded, the Xiao family's annual income was only more than 100,000 gold coins, and the strongest person, Xiao Zhan, was only a three-star Dou Grandmaster at this time, to ordinary people it was a powerhouse, but when seen in the Jia Ma Empire it was not even considered the third rate, it was in fact a small family.

"So?"

"For a genius like you, staying in the clan is too wasteful, it will bury your talent, the clan can't afford to cultivate you and it will affect your growth rate, the thing is that tomorrow Jia Nan Academy is coming to Wutan City to enroll students, so our intention is to ask you if you want to go there.

If you don't have the will to go to Jia Nan Academy, in a month's time, Misty Cloud Sect will hold a ceremony to recruit disciples, you can go to the selection ceremony, with your talent I think you will definitely be recruited nine out of ten, and you might even be accepted as a personal disciple of the sect master."

The Grand Elder said with a smile.

Xiao Ming understood the meaning of Xiao Zhan and the elders calling him to come, so he went for this.

Xiao Ming also intended to leave the Xiao family to join a powerhouse.

The target he had chosen at first was the Jia Nan Academy.

Now the various elders had offered another option, Misty Cloud Sect.

To be honest, if they hadn't mentioned it, Xiao Ming really wouldn't have known when Misty Cloud Sect was recruiting disciples.

'Should I join Misty Cloud Sect? Misty Cloud Sect has a Dou Emperor Leader and several Dou King elders, with my talent, I will definitely be valued if I join, there is also a high probability of being accepted as Yun Yun's disciple, and my safety is guaranteed, while joining Jia Nan Academy as a student will definitely not give me as many resources as joining a sect, and I have to fight for more resources on my own...' Xiao Ming compared the benefits of joining Misty Cloud Sect and entering Jia Nan Academy.

After contemplating for a while, he finally shook his head and said, ''I decided to enter Jia Nan Academy to study a long time ago.

"Why? If I remember correctly, the Qi Method you are practicing should be High-Level Qi Method Refining Fire of Huang Class, Misty Cloud Sect should have something better, with your talent it would be easy to change your Qi Method after joining."

"Jia Nan Academy definitely also has a higher level Qi Method, but the academy is not like a sect, although the strength of the academy is higher, consequently you will enjoy fewer resources, you also need to compete with others, which will definitely affect your cultivation time. Misty Cloud Sect is still in Jia Ma Empire, if something happens, the sect can also take care of you for a while." Hearing Xiao Ming's choice, Xiao Zhan frowned widely, seemingly very uncomprehending.

In fact, there was one thing that Xiao Zhan had not said yet, and that was, if Xiao Ming managed to become a disciple of the Misty Cloud Sect Leader, it would also be beneficial to the Xiao family.

'Nonsense, of course, I know that the resources enjoyed in a sect would be better than joining Jia Nan Academy, but Misty Cloud Sect has the Protector of Hall of Souls!'

Xiao Ming rolled his eyes, he was aware that the old patriarch of Misty Cloud Sect, Yun Shan would have collusion with the Soul Temple, with his status as a member of the Xiao family wouldn't he be a sheep in the wolf's den? If his surname wasn't Xiao he would have agreed!

Of course, the matter that the Misty Cloud Sect would have a Soul Temple Protector could not be counted, at least not now, so Xiao Ming could only explain it this way.

"Jia Nan Academy has a strong faculty, and I don't think being a student would be worse than being a disciple in Misty Cloud Sect. Besides, with my talent, maybe one of the powerful Dou Emperors will take me as a disciple."

At the end of his sentence, Xiao Ming made a rare joke.

"That..., forget it, it's up to you!"

Xiao Zhan and some elders looked at each other and sighed.

If he wasn't willing to go, he wasn't going to be bound either, and what Xiao Ming said wasn't far-fetched, someone might take him as a disciple.

"It's good for you to go to Jia Nan Academy, you save the effort of the second elder escorting you, but when you go out, it must be very uncomfortable without money on you, here, this is 30,000 gold coins to support you."

Xiao Zhan took out a black card from his pocket and handed it to Xiao Ming.

Seeing this, Xiao Ming hesitated for a moment and turned to the other three elders, 30,000 gold coins may not seem like a lot, but it was already enough for the Xiao family, was it really appropriate for Xiao Zhan to give it to them like this?

Seeing Xiao Ming's inquisitive look, the eldest elder stroked a handful of his white beard and said with a smile, "Take it, don't worry, it's something we've discussed with the other clan members."

The implication was that the 30,000 gold coins were given by the clan, not Xiao Zhan.

Only when he heard this did Xiao Ming step forward to take the card.

"Many thanks to the patriarch and the three elders."

"There's no need to rush to say thank you, there's still something left to take."

"Yes, this is..."

...

258