Chapter 37: Snake Bones
4.6k 1 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ming, who had entered the space channel, only felt dizziness in his head, and when he adjusted himself, he discovered that he had appeared in another world.

The first time his feet landed on the ground, Xiao Ming took out his weapon from his storage ring, a black sword that made people not pay much attention to it.

This was one of the spoils of Xiao Ming's ten days in the Black-Corner Region.

When he got this sword, Xiao Ming had tested it and it was strong enough to use.

He used this sword instead of the original fifth rank sword because the latter attracted too much attention and would certainly cause some trouble if others saw it.

Therefore, Xiao Ming took out this sword.

With the black sword in hand, Xiao Ming first looked around but was surprised to see that there was no one around.

At first, the Dou Emperor and Dou King powerhouses had rushed into the secret realm before the others and now they were nowhere to be found.

'This shouldn't be like this.' Xiao Ming was puzzled.

It was fine for the powerful Dou Emperor and Dou King to disappear in the blink of an eye since they can fly.

But what about those who had entered almost at the same time as him?

It didn't make sense that they weren't here too, right?

Xiao Ming was inwardly very confused; he had just pulled out his weapon to prevent those people from sneaking up on him.

However, the fact that those people were not there saved a lot of trouble.

Not having to protect himself from people attacking him for the time being, Xiao Ming first took a few steps to his left to prevent others from appearing behind him, after which he began to inspect this secret realm.

The sky was gray and gloomy, without any clouds, giving a sense of negativity to people just by looking at it.

In the distance, there was a small mountain range with many tall trees that Xiao Ming had never seen before, and vaguely, there seemed to be buildings and pavilions appearing on it, and in the center of the range was the highest peak, where there was another pillar of light standing that was the same as outside.

Looking behind him again, a few yards away was a black passage a dozen yards wide, and beyond it a gray plain of which no end was visible.

'That side of the mountain range must be the central point of the secret realm, there must be more than one of these space passages, this would explain why there was no one around me at this time, they appeared in the other space channels of the secret realm.'

In this short period of time, Xiao Ming came to this conclusion by combining the information he had in his previous simulations.

After coming to this conclusion, Xiao Ming only felt that he was quite fortunate because from this space passage he could see the pavilion in the mountain range and there was no one around him now.

As long as he was fast enough and no Dou King powerhouse appeared behind him, he could take a shortcut and obtain the treasures in it, instead of being like the others and fighting for the treasures with others.

He didn't expect today's luck to be so good.

Xiao Ming rejoiced in his heart, and without further hesitation, he circulated the Dou Qi in his body and lifted his feet to quickly shoot off towards the distant mountains.

Shortly after Xiao Ming disappeared, several figures appeared in the place where he had just been.

These figures were all in disarray, their bodies were blood red, and some of them were even wounded, with drops of blood dripping from time to time.

When they landed, they were just like Xiao Ming, and they first grabbed their weapons to protect themselves, but when they clearly saw the surroundings and the distant mountains, they all laughed maniacally.

"Hahahaha, it wasn't easy, but in the end, I managed to sneak in, I have to say those lunatics are really ruthless."

"There's a pavilion over there, there must be treasures!"

"Treasure, here I come!"

"Hey, hey, hey!"

After some of them finished laughing, they didn't care about anything, and after putting some distance between them, they all ran and rushed towards the pavilion where Xiao Ming had gone.

The only thing they didn't see was that the blood they had spilled on the ground had disappeared, as if it had been absorbed by something.

......

After some time of walking, Xiao Ming finally entered the forest of the mountain range.

The first thing Xiao Ming felt upon entering the forest was that it was big.

The trees in the forest were much larger than Xiao Ming had anticipated, and each one needed a dozen people to put their arms around it.

'This forest is densely branched and overgrown, each branch can easily hide a person, it is a good place to ambush others.'

As he circled his Dou Qi and moved quickly towards the pavilion he had originally encountered, a thought flashed through Xiao Ming's mind as he looked at those thick trees.

As time passed, more and more people would definitely enter this secret realm, and those who entered the secret realm later would definitely not be able to take this first mouthful of soup as he did.

When the time came, those desperate people who were used to the lawlessness in the Black-Corner Region would definitely not be willing to give up, and this kind of place was so suitable for killing people, how could they miss it?

It was foreseeable that this forest would definitely devour many lives in the coming days.

'Eh, what is this?'

Xiao Ming, who was moving forward, suddenly realized something and stopped his advance.

Something was blocking his path.

What stopped Xiao Ming was not a person, but a corpse.

Xiao Ming stared in surprise at the huge bones of the corpse in front of him.

From its appearance, the corpse was nearly a hundred meters long and a dozen meters wide, snaking and twisting through the trees. From its appearance, one could conclude that it was the snow-white corpse of a high-ranking magical beast in the form of a snake.

Perhaps because of its age or other reasons, the bones were cracked and not much of its residual breath remained, so it was difficult for Xiao Ming to judge the exact rank of the corpse.

But Xiao Ming speculated that, when the owner of this corpse was still alive, he might have had the strength of the sixth rank.

Of course, this was not Xiao Ming's random speculation, he had a basis for it, he judged it based on the size of the corpse.

The strength of magical beasts, although not necessarily the larger the size the stronger the strength, often higher ranked magical beasts can also be very small in size.

However, those weak magical beasts will almost always be small in size, at least terrestrial magical beasts are like that.

As for why this is so.

The reason is simple, weak, but so big and flashy, it is equivalent to being a rich steak for other magical beasts.

Their large size means they need more space to survive and they have to compete with other magical beasts.

Only the strong are able to hold a large territory, while the weak are not able to monopolize a territory.

Thus, on land, the beasts arrogant because of their size and weak because of their strength had already been exterminated in ancient times, and only in some special places with little competition could they have survived.

In the oceans, due to the difference in survival methods, there may still be a large number of weak and large magical beasts.

However, this side of the Black-Corner Region was not near the ocean, so Xiao Ming concluded that it might be the remains of a sixth rank magical beast.

The remains of the corpse did not hinder Xiao Ming for long, making his Dou Qi work, Xiao Ming jumped between the bones.

He soon broke through the white bones and continued towards his target, the pavilion.

Soon, Xiao Ming encountered another corpse, a monkey-like corpse, not as big as the original snake bone.

Xiao Ming paid no attention to it, but later, corpses of various magical beasts appeared one after another, and even human bones appeared.

'I wonder what happened to the clan that originally possessed this secret realm, it really disappeared like this, there are still many white bones in the secret realm, I think there must have been a fierce battle.'

137