Chapter 114: Alchemist Association
3.9k 4 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At an intersection, a very large building that was shrouded in smoke all year round was established.

On the top of the imposing gate, the two ancient words that read, "Alchemist Association" glow with silver light, causing passersby to turn their eyes in astonishment.

As the headquarters of the alchemists of the Jia Ma Empire, even the king of the imperial family would have to be humble when he came here.

After all, the waves that could be generated by the people living in this building were enough to shake the entire empire, not for nothing was it the most prestigious profession in the Dou Qi Continent.

Outside the huge gates of the Alchemist Association, the alchemists, who on normal days were quite difficult to see, were walking around, all wearing alchemist robes of different colors, proudly proclaiming their status. The Association's main activity is to offer a wide range of products and services to the public.

Standing outside the door, Xiao Ming looked up at the majestic Alchemist Headquarters and shook his head in admiration.

"Does that old man you are looking for live here?" Standing next to Xiao Ming, Zi Yan raised her head and looked at the Alchemist Association which was more crowded than usual, and asked.

"Well, Master Fa Ma, as Chairman of the Alchemist Association, is naturally here." Xiao Ming nodded his head and took out the alchemist badge from inside his storage ring.

As a sixth-tier alchemist certified by the Jia Nan Academy, Xiao Ming naturally had an alchemist robe and badge as well.

It was just that the alchemist robe was too flashy and Xiao Ming wouldn't normally wear it, but now that he was going to enter the alchemist headquarters to meet Master Fa Ma, he naturally had to identify himself.

Due to the great influence of the Pill Tower, the styles of the alchemists' robes may vary throughout the Dou Qi Continent, but they are all very similar, and the badges are all the same, with a medicinal cauldron and silver-colored waves.

However, some alchemist tiers would have different colors on their badges.

For example, Xiao Ming was a sixth-tier alchemist, and on the ancient medicinal cauldron on the badge on his chest, there were six strange golden flickering slight ripples.

This kind of alchemist badge is very difficult to make, and those who have the ability to imitate it would not do it.

After all, it was not something glorious and it was very easy to be discovered, offending all alchemists in the process.

Xiao Ming put the alchemist badge on his chest and led Zi Yan towards the alchemist headquarters in front of him.

No one passing by cared about Xiao Ming and Zi Yan's actions, after all, the alchemist headquarters was full of people coming and going every day, whether they were alchemists or not.

The guard at the alchemists' headquarters was used to it, but because of his professional habits, he kept looking at Xiao Ming's chest.

This gaze shocked him so much that his eyes widened and he said aloud.

"One, two ... five, six! Six Waves! Tier 6 Alchemist!!!?"

The guard who had finished shouting rushed to block in front of Xiao Ming, stopping the two.

The guard's shout attracted the attention of the others.

Following the guard's voice, they also clearly saw the insignia on Xiao Ming's chest.

Immediately after, a shout of surprise rang out.

"Wow! It really is six waves."

"Six-tier master alchemist?"

"Such a young six-tier alchemist? That badge can't be fake, right? I don't even know of a first-tier alchemist that young!" Someone asked.

"But that badge doesn't look fake!" An alchemist with a waving badge in the crowd said.

As an alchemist, it was easy to distinguish the authenticity of a badge, and even though he was a low tier, he could naturally see if the badge was real or fake.

More than one alchemist among the spectators also nodded their heads at his words, this alchemist badge indeed did not look like a fake one.

The guard who stopped Xiao Ming suddenly felt a little uncomfortable seeing the reaction of those alchemists.

He had only stopped Xiao Ming because he thought that the badge was probably fake, after all, Xiao Ming looked too young, just a teenager.

How could he be a sixth-tier alchemist? Wearing a fake badge was provoking all alchemists, so if he let the teenager in, the teenager would be taught a lesson, not to mention he himself would also be punished.

But now someone said that the alchemist badge was real, what should he do?

Luckily, Xiao Ming didn't make things difficult for him, and with a raise of his right hand, a Real Agglomerated Fire condensed in his hand.

"Can I get in now?"

"... Ah, yes! That's fine." Looking at the Real Agglomerated Fire, the guard came back to his senses and hurriedly nodded with a pleasant smile on his face.

Removing the Real Agglomerated Fire, Xiao Ming led Zi Yan towards the door.

Right after Xiao Ming entered the doors of the Alchemist Association with Zi Yan, the crowd of onlookers at the entrance suddenly let out a roar.

"I didn't see it wrong, did I? Summoning a Real Agglomerated Fire, that's a means that only a fourth-tier alchemist or above can possess!"

"A fourth-tier alchemist!"

"So he really is a sixth-tier alchemist!"

"Ah, I remember, I heard from Elder Mu of the Mu Clan that there was a Master Alchemist inside the imperial palace who had caused that vision of heaven and earth by refining pills, so he might be Master Xiao Ming who caused that vision yesterday!" An elder with three lines on his chest tapped his head and said as if he had suddenly realized.

"Aren't you Elder Li, I heard that you are a guest in the Mu Family, can you explain if you are well informed?"

"Hehehe, of course I can, this Master Xiao Ming ..."

Xiao Ming didn't know the commotion outside, nor would he care.

As he entered the door of the headquarters, he felt a rich pill aroma, causing a person could not help but inhale slightly.

The area inside the Alchemist Guild was extremely vast, in the eastern lobby, there were several carefully constructed green granite square platforms, and behind those platforms were some alchemists.

On top of the platforms, there were many kinds of medicinal materials, jade bottles, recipes, and other things.

In the south hall, there were several medicinal cauldrons burning, and some alchemists were behind them, with serious faces as they controlled the flames.

Around them, there were low-level alchemists, pointing at each other and exchanging their experiences in pill refinement in low voices.

The western hall was certainly much quieter than the other two halls.

There were guards standing in the corridors as if only certain alchemists who had reached a certain level were qualified to enter it, and some low-level alchemists passed by from time to time and cast glances of astonishment and envy.

Xiao Ming slowly entered the hall, looked around, thought for a moment, and did not rush to find Master Fa Ma, but moved and brought Zi Yan towards the area where elements were exchanged.

The purpose of his visit to the Alchemist Association was not only to exchange alchemy experiences with Fa Ma but also to find something.

While touring the eastern area, Xiao Ming slowly walked among the various square platforms, looking curiously at the various rare medicinal herbs and other items that even he did not have.

Although this area was called the exchange zone, the vendors here did not shout as much as those in some markets.

Each would sit quietly in a chair, glancing around from time to time.

Only if they felt that the other party might have some background, some alchemists selling would get up and talk to them.

Most of the time, however, they would lazily lean back in their chairs, paying little attention to those watching them, these lazy-looking fellows did not look at all like merchants selling things.

Of course, they weren't. What they needed was not the gold the merchants coveted, but barter.

If one wanted to get the medicinal herbs or pills they had, then one would have to have something exotic and precious that they would be interested in.

The badge on Xiao Ming's chest attracted the attention of many people, but those people were only surprised and puzzled, and no one dared to approach to bother him.

Only a small number of people, after seeing Xiao Ming, revealed a look of surprise and amazement, obviously, they were all knowledgeable people who, like the old man surnamed Li outside, had heard of Xiao Ming's name and now, guessed Xiao Ming's identity.

...

Ignoring the various stares around him, Xiao Ming walked all the way taking Zi Yan's little hand, and finally found the objective of his journey next to a remote corner.

In this remote corner was a somewhat tattered stone table, and behind it was a thin man with a rather miserable face.

Since the medicinal herbs on the table were not too rare, few people came to check them out, so he had a slightly sour look on his face.

When he saw Xiao Ming, who was slowly approaching him, he first stared blankly, and when his eyes looked at the Sixth Tier Alchemist badge on his chest, his eyes appeared with a mixture of emotions such as shock, doubt, and astonishment.

Only when Xiao Ming approached him did he come to his senses.

Although there were many doubts in his head, he still hurriedly stood up and looked at Xiao Ming flatteringly, saying.

"Master, what things interested you?"

Looking at the man in front of him, Xiao Ming smiled and said, "You are still an alchemist apprentice, right?"

Being observed at a glance, the man nodded awkwardly and looked at Xiao Ming's young face with some envy, smiling bitterly as he said.

"Yes, my pill refining talent isn't good and I don't have a master, so after so many years of cultivation, I'm still stuck at the level of an apprentice alchemist, and I can usually only put up a stand here to get cultivation resources. Unlike Master, you have reached the sixth tier at this age... er..."

Seeing that the man's words came to an abrupt end, Xiao Ming smiled and was not worried, his sixth tier at such a young age would really make many people feel incredulous.

It was normal for there to be confusion or other emotions in their hearts.

The medicinal herbs that were in jade jars and even looked a little wilted naturally could not have caught Xiao Ming's attention, so they were automatically omitted.

His eyes moved slowly over the objects on the stone platform, before finally stopping on a piece of broken black jade in a corner that wasn't too impressive.

This was Xiao Ming's target this time.

He casually held it in his hand, but the jade piece was not smooth in his hand but was covered with small particles, as if it was not made of good material.

On the top of the jade piece, there were also some faint cracks, and between the cracks, there was actually sand and dirt.

After examining the jade piece, Xiao Ming did not choose anything else and looked at the man who looked at him with bated breath as he slowly smiled and said.

"This piece, I'll take it, do you want to exchange it or do you want to sell it? You name the price."

"Master, I want to exchange it for a third-tier pill." At his words, the man's spirit stood up and said. Xiao Ming's purpose was obvious, if he was a genuine Sixth Tier Alchemist, this piece of jade should be a good item, he just didn't recognize it.

So he asked for this price, of course, he knew that this price was very exorbitant for him, but for a Sixth Tier Alchemist, it was really just a drop in an ocean.

Xiao Ming had no objection to this price, and after placing the items in his hand in his storage ring, he gently took out a bottle of pills and tossed it towards the man, saying.

"This is a third-tier 'Spirit Enhancer Pill', it can increase a Dou Master's Dou Qi cultivation, it is a recipe I created in my spare time, take a look at the pill."

Although he was only an apprentice alchemist, he could recognize the authenticity of the pill, and a moment later, the man's face was filled with a joy that was hard to hide.

This really was a third-tier pill!

A pill that could increase Dou Qi cultivation was much more expensive than other pills of the same tier.

Exchanging a piece of broken jade that he didn't know what it was for this pill, he had really been lucky! The fact that Xiao Ming said that this pill was his own recipe meant that he was extremely skilled in pill refinement and must be a genuine Master Alchemist, the middle-aged man thought about this and hurriedly bowed respectfully, even though Xiao Ming had already turned away.

...

After leaving with Zi Yan from the exchange area, he met Fa Ma in the hallway.

In the hallway, there were several fourth-tier alchemists surrounding Fa Ma, conversing with him in a low voice, as if asking him for advice about something.

Many of the surrounding alchemists did not gather but continued to secretly pay attention to Fa Ma and the others.

Fa Ma, who was talking, noticed Xiao Ming's gaze, and after talking to the surrounding fourth-tier alchemists, he walked towards Xiao Ming amidst the curious glances of the others.

He also laughed as he walked, ''Hehe, just now I heard my subordinates report that they had met a young sixth-tier alchemist, so I rushed out, and it seems I was right in guessing that this person would in fact be you, Master Xiao Ming. Why didn't Master Xiao Ming send someone to report to me directly when you came to the Alchemist Association?"

"I had some interest in the exchange area, so I took the time to walk around and thought I would visit Master Fa Ma afterwards." Xiao Ming explained with a smile.

The conversation between Master Fa Ma and Xiao Ming caught the attention of many people.

Many alchemists who were focused on their own affairs had not seen Xiao Ming's badge at that time, but now that they took a close look at it, it caused them to have a look of stupefaction.

Was there some mistake? A young sixth-tier alchemist?

With Fa Ma on the spot, no one questioned the authenticity of Xiao Ming's tier, except that the shock that Xiao Ming gave them was so great that some directly began to doubt their lives.

Of course, these were the thoughts of those who were not well informed.

Those who were well-informed also doubted their lives, but because they had heard the news long ago, they acted normally at this time.

After a short conversation, Fa Ma invited Xiao Ming to his office.

116