CHAPTER 2: REBORN
626 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its been three months since I was reborn. I think it is still about the same time I died that I was reborn. It feels kinda weird that I died somewhere and the next minute I'm born somewhere else.

"How do I know?" you ask.

Well I kinda recognize things from my past life that I don't even know that I know or how I know.

Whelp moving on I understand the language that is being spoken,(another one of the things I recognize). I think that probably means I used to live in this country, or land.

In this new life I come from one of those noble houses and my father has more than one wife it seems and I think my mother is the latest wife,(not really sure I'm still a baby after all and there is a limit to what I can do or know).

My mother has white hair which I think is kinda weird because she isn't old enough to have white hair and the hair itself doesn't give the impression of old age but rather of beauty, elegance and nobility. I also have white hair so I should probably stop thinking too much about that.

I've seen about two of my father's wives(don't know whether has more, but that dude is seriously living the life). They don't seem to be attacking my mother or antagonizing her, but I can see a look in their eyes that says they aren't happy. They are probably holding on for the fact that she just gave birth to me and they can't directly show off their fangs but I can see some subtle actions, for one I already noticed that our living conditions are not as good as theirs but I can't tell whether it is a part of the customs of the land so I will just keep growing up in the meantime and when I'm grown enough I'll deal with all those problems.

My mother, Alicia is a very beautiful woman with pale skin, deep blue eyes and white hair. I am like a little photocopy of her except I'm a male version and I have gray eyes. I wonder what it would be like if I had a sister that looks exactly like my mother

I'm happy with the life I'm living right now and it's kinda sad that I have immortality and I will probably outlive my family but I'll do my best to find a way to share my immortality with them, I don't know how they'd take it though when I tell them that I have an immortal body, but let's leave that for the future because right now I can't even control my own bladder much less talk so another thing on my list of things to do in the future.

Let's talk about things I've noticed about my self since my rebirth. First I've noticed I don't really get tired physically easily but part of the reason maybe my draconic or phoenix physique or both I think they were merged right or maybe its just that as a 3 month old baby I'm not exactly doing much so I have more energy. Hmm OK stronger body, check. Another thing I noticed is that I can think this much. I don't think babies have the mental facilities to do all this advanced thinking, no offense but human babies are probably the dumbest and most dependent animal life known to man so me thinking this much is weird but I attributed this to my older soul and once I do this much thinking and inner dialogue for about an hour something non physical inside me starts to hurt, I think its due to my soul now extremely receptive to my body so directing the energy elsewhere for thinking is breaking the balance and this may affect me later on so I stopped my self from overdoing it.

The weirdest thing about my rebirth is this ghost-like, bluish tablet-like thing that popped up in front of me one week after I was just born. I was like "WHAT THE HELL" in baby tone and freaked out and started crying like the dam flooded open. I tried to hide  but that thing was everywhere I looked liked it was fixed to my vision. After about 10 mins of non stop crying and another hour of coaxing from my mother(God I love her patting me, makes me feel at peace), I realized that it was probably harmless and maybe had something to do with the things I received from the celestial that reincarnated me.

Flashback

[Beginning binding to host in 10 minutes]

[9:59]

[9:58]

(what in heavens are all those weird looking symbols, and what does it mean by binding to host)

(A/N: don't forget that it is a medieval society and things like reading time in minutes and seconds don't exist yet, so all technical terms and new stuff seems weird to our backward MC, but no worries he won't be ignorant forever)

So I've been waiting for a while but those symbols keep changing and I don't know what is coming so I wait and after a while the screen thing showed another set of words.

[Binding to host soul beginning, please prepare for a slight discomfort]

(what does it mean by slight discomfort, is it suppose to hurt a little bit)

Then I start to feel something on the non physical part of me that I think is my soul start to feel a bit warm. (oh is this what it means by sli… AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH)

IT HURTS, IT FEELS LIKE I'M BEING STABBED IN THE SAME LOCATION TO MAKE A HOLE IN ME SO THEY COULD PUT SOMETHING IN. SO MUCH PAIN I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING TORN APART.

It hurt so much I can't even cry I was just shivering and my expression showed me being in pain. My mother who was holding me noticed and started panicking. I notice her seeing me in pain and I decide I'm not gonna let my people feel pain for my sake so I endure the pain and finally after a while the pain stops but I still feel a slight buzzing like the aftereffects of an injury that has reduced from the highest point of pain but the pain is still there but I can ignore this smaller amount of pain compared to what I was feeling a while ago.

(Damn piece of shit, and that was a slight discomfort. Hopefully that never happens again, it won't right?)

[...]

(fuck…)

15