Chapter 4:WAR AND TRAP
455 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 years later.

It's loud, the sounds of weapons clashing, the sounds of skin and flesh being sliced, pierced and ripped, the sounds of bones being broken and crushed the sounds people dying are all present on the battle field.

The smell of blood and death in the air, and my eyes glowing red with three tomoes spinning rapidly while my eyes dart from left to right and my hands with a sword in each hand cuts through all enemies that move into the range of my swords.

Flashback

The war began about a year ago and I was among those conscripted to join. In the first battle when I took my first human life, the pressure from taking a life awoke something within me which I later found out to be the dojutsu I was given before my reincarnation, but for some reason I couldn't turn it off. When I checked my reflection in water I found my eyes as red as blood with three black tadpole like things swimming round in a perfect circle in my eyes. Since I couldn't turn it off I had to hide it with a helmet with a visor like eye guard.

But that was when I discovered yet another problem, it seems to be using my mental energy and at the same time it causes a splitting headache like my brain cells are being fried. But I can't seem to tell. Another thing is my vision has become so strong to the extent that even with my eyes closed I can still see as clear as day and since my eyes are in constant usage my energy is continuously being sapped away without rest, but at the same time I feel my body adapting ever so slowly to the constant usage without actively using it.

I had to resort to using a dark and heavy piece of cloth under my helmet to cover my eyes to lower the usage of energy. Also it seems my skills have gone under heavy improvements and modifications because of higher vision and perception. Because my skills have started showing forth on the battlefield I kept getting promoted and have long since moved to the vanguard of the battlefield.

Due to my dojutsu giving me an eidetic memory I could remember every single person I had killed, how I killed them and the moment of them having their last breath, killing so many people and remembering all that was driving me crazy.

Why was I killing so many people?

My mind would have crumbled if I didn't remember that I was fighting to protect my family or at least part of it.

The war was in a stalemate as we had won on some fronts and also lost on some points. There was pressure until the scouts discovered an undiscovered path through a canyon that lead to the back of enemy lines and it had minimal guards probably because they weren't expecting the path to be discovered by the enemy. There was the likelihood of a trap but there wasn't evidence of a trap at the same time.

Our general was being hard pressed for results by the prince overseeing this battlefield. So he decided to attack through the path. The army was prepared for the attack and we started moving stealthily through the canyon.

We were almost at the end of the canyon when we heard the sounds of whooshing through the air.

"ARROWS!!!" somebody screamed.

"SHIELDS!!!" another voice that I recognized as the general shouted.

I quickly took cover among the infantry as the arrows rained down on the army killing about a tenth of the whole army. After the arrows stopped raining down we got into battle positions thinking it was time for us to fight man to man.

However we noticed a rumbling sound instead and looked up to see rocks rolling down towards us at that moment.

"DODGE"  the general shouted again.

The formation broke apart as everyone wanted to get out of the way of the stones of doom coming towards them.

The stones ran into the army killing a lot of people as even I just barely managed to dodge the stones. Looking around I see that we only have a bit over half of our original number completely unscathed, and of the remaining half a lot were injured and most were dead.

It seems there are finally no more traps as our enemies finally showed themselves. Standing before us was an army greater than twice our original number. I could almost hear the spirits of my comrades breaking and I knew either I did something or something had to happen fast or our chances, MY CHANCES of coming out of this alive were very slim.

I picked a spear and threw it like a javelin at one of the enemy soldiers impaling him. That seemed to shock our general into consciousness.

It seemed he also understood our situation and a few seconds later his loud voiced resounded on our side of the battle field.

"Before us we have death,

Behind us we have our families, our friends and our lands,

I choose to step forward to avail this death from my family, my friends and my land,

If you are with me,

Then see you on the other side".(War Speech from the auth… ahem I mean General)

Hearing this the army rushed forward towards our enemies with no fear and valor brimming from their veins, I ran with them thinking(nice speech auth…, I mean general, nice speech).

I jumped into the thick of the battle dashing forward while blocking hits with my shield and slashing forward with my own sword, after getting out of range of close range hits I threw my shield towards a soldier running towards me then I brandishing my sword like a kitchen knife to dice some vegetables ran towards him. As my shield hit him I jumped unto his shoulder, stabbing him in the neck and then drawing his sword from his sheath on his shoulder, with another sword in hand I jumped up high and came down slashing 2 guys. Then I stabbed my sword on the ground then using that as a pivot I kicked the 2 guys I just slashed, then I balanced myself and ran towards where I kicked one of the men to, his body had fallen over one of his comrades and I stabbed both of them to the ground.

I looked up, my sharingan darting around looking for my next target, finding the next unlucky guy to die by my hands in a few seconds I ran towards him and true to my thoughts the next moment his head was rolling on the floor.

I slashed and diced, dodged and blocked, got cut and healed. Somewhere on the battlefield I had lost my helmet and my red eyes were in full view but I don't think I can afford to care about that right now.

I've been cut so many times that my armor had become junk and I had to throw it away. I was shirtless already with many injuries across my body and panting because I've been fighting for hours and it's telling on my movement and my perception.

My stamina has almost run out but we have turned the battle around and victory is not far aw…,

"Urgh"

"Who stabs a person in the fucking back, fuck that hurts. Right in the fucking heart, I should be dead"

I turn around and face the fucker that thought it was a smart idea to stab me in the back. He looks at me like he's just seen a ghost.

"I'm not that scary", I say as I cut his head off. Then I pull out the sword that's in my chest or my heart, "I think I should be freaking out right now but I'm fucking immortal this feels fucking great" , I scream internally.

12