CHAPTER 9: BAD PREMONITION AND …
382 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to a loud banging sound, quickly getting up and alert I pulled out a short sword I st…, I mean borrowed from the night guard graciously last night.

I got up from the hay that was my bed for the last few hours,(what? I was on the run and there aren't exactly comfortable places I could go to while hiding from the public eye) and slowly moved towards the  direction I heard the sound coming from.

I peeked out the corner to see an horse frolicking around and realizing that it must have caused the loud noise that woke me up I breathed out a sigh of relief. i then took another look around for safety measures and I finally got a good look around where I slept last night.

It looked like a nice stable house, probably belongs to some wealthy old bloke who decided that buying horses and putting them in a stable far out in the sticks without anyone to guard them was a good idea. Well at least it worked out for me as I lucked out finding this place yesterday as we'd probably need horses for a fast escape. You have my thanks whoever you are and I won't be returning the horses unless if they can find their way back from wherever I leave them.

I then look around for good horses to take with at least two as we obviously can't use only one. The horse that woke me up looks like a good pick so I pick up a saddle to put on his back and he looks at me with sad eyes looking like he didn't want to move around.

"Come on you woke me up from my beauty sleep so the least you can do is carry me around." I say as I finish saddling him up.

I quickly look around for another good horse because I'm in a hurry as it is already bright outside and I have been having this weird yet uncomfortable premonition like feeling since I woke up and I want to quickly move before all hell is let loose.

After getting the second horse I quickly left the stables with the already saddled horses I quickly got on one while grabbing the reins of the other with my right hand while using my left hand to hold the reins of the horse I was on.

"Hiyaa" I cry out and kick it's sides and began to ride at a brisk pace while pulling on the other horse. I ride of towards the flower hill where I am supposed to meet mother and Elena.

I am about halfway there when my instincts begin to scream for me to dodge. With amazing agility and dexterity I jump off the horse and barely a second later an arrow impales the horse I was riding on.

(A/N: R.I.P horsey)

Rolling over and taking cover behind a nearby tree, I peek out to see my assailant or rather assailants. Two men were running towards me and they did not look like they were coming at me to talk. One was holding a long sword while the other was holding a bow and had on his back a quiver of arrows,he's probably the one that shot at  me but ended up hitting my horse instead but I can debate later and after checking to see if there were anymore enemies in the vicinity. Giving a quick look around and confirming that there were none I drew my short sword and dashed towards them at high speed.

The marksman pulled out an arrow and tried to hit me before I got close enough to get into a close range fight and me seeing through his plan kept running at them already tensed up and after he shot the arrow in my direction I slid under the arrow before getting back up as quick I lunged at the swordsman who tried to parry my sword but I just changed my sword's direction in mid air and slashed at his leg instead leaving a gash on his right leg and the moment he lost his composure due to the wound I put on his leg I swung my sword his hand again and skillfully knocked his sword and then swung my sword once again towards his neck this time decapitating him.

I quickly turned towards the direction the marksman was only to see an arrow flying once again in my direction.

I dodged towards the right and then threw the short sword at him like a throwing dagger impaling his chest a second later.

"Fwoooh."

I let out my breath slowly to relax my heightened battle senses. I then look at my attackers and finally realize that they were wearing the garbs that only royal guards wore.

"But what were they doing here and why were they attacking me? And the direction they were coming…, is the direction of the flower hill, wait, don't tell me?"

All extra thoughts left my head as I ran towards the second horse that somehow remained uninjured throughout the fight and for some weird reason did not run away even during the fight. I jumped on it and began to ride at top speed toward the flower hill while praying for them to be safe.

I continued my ride at high speed while dodging trees left and right not even remembering that I didn't have a weapon with me. I finally neared the flower before I finally ditched the horse that was panting heavily already. I then continued running towards the hill and upon getting there I was shocked to find over a hundred armed soldiers waiting for me.

I was getting into a fighting stance when I saw another scene that really shook me. Mother and Elena were being held by soldiers in the royal guard attire and standing next to them was not the first prince but the second prince and the Emperor was seating a bit further back from them on a palanquin.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. My brain was in overdrive thinking How? When? What? Why?

I didn't need to hear any words to know that my next move would determine their lives. I knew I had to stop and give in, I couldn't bring myself to put them in harm's way even if the price was my freedom and me being treated like a lab rat and a blood supply of phoenix blood for the rest of my life no matter how long it will be.

I relaxed my stance and let some soldiers come forward to use chains to restrain me. After being restrained I was being pulled towards the second prince.

I was being pulled towards the prince when I met mother and Elena midway and I pulled at the chains a little so I could talk to them before I was taken away.

"Don't worry about me, just get as far away from here as possible, I'll come find you like always. I always do." I say to Elena and mother.

"Hm" Elena answered and nodded, scared of whatever but not crying like young girls normally would.

I finally walked just a bit past them when I heard the words that would haunt me forever.

"Filthy Peasants."

"Kill Them."

"No" I shouted and turned around as quickly to be met with blood splashing on my face.

9