CHAPTER 19: CHAPTER NAME AT END
319 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I looked at the hollow and the soul reapers, I felt my instincts pushing me to move. The words "EAT, EAT,EAT!" echoed inside my head.

I tried to resist but I could feel myself losing to what I'd call the hollow's instinct. I could sense my consciousness slowly slipping away and my mind getting blurry bit by bit as I tried to resist.

So I stopped and let my instincts control me as I'd rather be aware of myself than allowing myself to become a mindless monster. Somehow my decision was correct and the moment I stopped resisting I could feel my consciousness returning though I was still not fully in control of myself as my instincts were still pushing me.

It's an hollow's instinct to eat all spiritual beings especially if they seem weaker than them and the fighting idiots obviously look the part so I found myself approaching them slowly from my hiding spot.

At least my instincts are not sending me running headless into a bunch of enemies, 'good going me,' I think until my instincts seemed to have made a decision concerning my "food to be" and decided to launch me into the sky and then back down right into the middle of their fight headfirst.

I land right into the middle of their fight causing a loud crash as I landed on the floor sending web like cracks on the floor in all directions.

I seemed to have control on how to fight so I quickly looked for who or what was closest to me and I quickly discovered that it was the hollow. After fighting the soul reapers for a while it looked quite a sorry sight with cut marks all over and a few cracks on its mask and it's obviously still immobile right arm.

I didn't give it any time to react as I quickly made a lunge towards it and grabbed it's neck and flipped over it to confuse it a bit and as soon as my feet touched the ground I applied pressure to my hand grabbing its neck and sending its face into the ground.

I quickly plunged my sharpened nails into the back of it's head until it came out the other side and broke it's mask thus putting it out of its misery.

All of this happened in a few seconds and when I moved my sights unto the next enemy who was the same soul reaper who used the hado no. 4 on the now dead hollow he was still rooted to the spot due to surprise at my sudden attack on the hollow.

Me looking at him seemed to have shocked him back to life as he tried to shout something out  before I sent him back to oblivion with a quick swing of my sharpened nails at his neck thus sending his head flying.

After killing the two obvious most dangerous people in this battle I sent a full look around the battle field to notice only one more soul reaper looking at me with fear and visibly trembling.

I honestly commended him(in my mind) for not pissing himself or trying to run away out of fear as I'm pretty sure I looked as scary as shit right now and it was pretty obvious he was next in line on the gateway to heaven cuz there was no way in hell he was getting away.

Next moment he seemed to have looked around him for some weird reason before tightly grabbing his sword handle harder than before and moving into some sort of sword stance before saying

"Smash my enemy to pieces with lightning, Narukami!"

All of a sudden a bolt of lightning struck him from the sky and clouding the area around him with smoke, as I watched him with my mouth open like why didn't you just shout "SHAZAM!" At least then I'd take it seriously.

The smoke cleared and then I saw him spinning an hammer from the hilt with thunder arcs flashing around him and my mouth dropped open even further like 'WHO IS THIS WANNABE THOR!' was what I was screaming in my mind, but then I got tensed up again as it seemed like I made a mistake in my calculations as this guy was obviously stronger than he had shown and according to the canon, guys like this are usually at least seated officers in one of the twelve squads of the Jotei thirteen.

I quickly put all of that out of mind and charged at him so as not to let him take the initiative, he also charged at me swinging his mjolnir(snickers). I also swung my claws at him but upon contact both of us ended up flying back with me ending up on my back and him moving about 9 steps back but he was still on his feet.

He seemed to have thought he was stronger than me through that exchange and he started smiling slightly but a bit to brightly for me and somehow it seemed to have angered my instincts and as I stood back up I felt something welling up from my inside me, and as I stood up to look at him I opened my mouth and was about let out a roar when I noticed a fireball condensing in my open mouth.

Upon seeing that I decided to ride the flow and let it continue gathering by holding unto the roar that I was about to release. The soul reaper seeing this also got into some sort of stance.

Then he started running towards me and then jumped shouting

"Kamowakeikazuchi-no-kami" at me causing the arcs of lightning surrounding him to brighten and flare wildly all around him.

I in turn released a roar at him sending the condensed ball of fire that began to swell up upon leaving my mouth until it clashed with the wannabe thor who was still in the air forcing a scream of what I will assume is pain from him after exploding in his face.

After the smoke cleared I saw him, well what's left of him on the floor, dead and looking like prime roasted wagyu beef.

With my instincts overpowering me I set to eat what was left of all my food for the night(the soul reapers and the hollow). It felt like eating water since I couldn't feel any taste that I recognize from them.

After eating my senses that were in overdrive calmed down and I expected to be hit with some sort of regret, pain or disgust, something, anything but strangely I felt nothing like I didn't just kill two people and eat them.

Unlike other protagonists that can accept that, I can't. It's not normal to kill for the first time and feel nothing no matter what reason you did it. There is also the fact that I fought like a professional and took my enemies step by step and surveyed the battlefield like a battle hardened professional despite never remembering having done any of this before. That was when I realized that ever since I woke up, except for amusement at my situation or at things that seem interesting I haven't felt anything close or even reminiscent of human emotions.

No anger or confusion, No hate for being here, or love, not even excitement or surprise or anxiety.

'I felt nothing.'

I feel like the answer to all this lies in my memories but I can't remember anything like my mind is foggy and I can't see inside the fog but somehow I feel that the answer to getting my memories is increase in strength and a lot of it, I don't know why I know but I just know.

'Well since I don't have anything to do nor do I feel anything that would interest me then I may just as well get to it,' I think as I began to leave the scene before more soul reapers arrive.

General POV

Unknown to Houryu while confused, thinking and then leaving in a hurry without checking the battlefield or the areas around it he was being watched by someone who survived the battle somehow.

Chapter 19:"I FEEL NOTHING."

6