CHAPTER 22: PLAN MASS DEVOURING
285 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting far enough away from town and double checking to see if fancypants wasn't on my tail I finally got a chance to check if what was in the pouch was what I thought it was.

I brought one out, being extra careful not to crush it by mistake and sure enough it seemed to be attracting my attention. In the canon when Uryu Ishida challenged Ichigo to a hollow killing challenge he used some kind of hollow bait that was able to attract hollows throughout the whole city, though we later discovered that the bait wasn't solely responsible for drawing that much hollows but that is not the point here.

If this bait that Ishida used in canon was the same as the pellet-like things in my hands right now, then with this thing, I could attract enough hollows to begin the process to become a gillian.

There are only a few flaws in this plan, the first problem is I don't know what level this bait pellets in my hand are. If they are extremely low leveled then I may not be able to attract enough hollows for the process completion and if they are too high leveled well… let's not think about that now as that is absolutely ridiculous and has the least chances of happening.

I also have to find a good location to begin with because using a bait in a place where there are no hollows won't exactly manifest good results no matter how strong the bait is, so I need to find a settlement area with high hollow population.

I remember that in canon the bait was used in the city so that probably means the more people the more hollows crawling around.

I also need to get as strong as I can before anything because I need to be the one that stands on top after this process or I cease to exist and I can't afford that.

With all plans in place and no more need for ruminating I go back to getting stronger by eating hollows and jumping from town to town.

1 year later…

It's been a year since finding the hollow bait and I no longer feel myself getting stronger from eating hollows and I stopped eating soul reapers long ago because continually doing that would end up accumulating a grudge against me from soul society and they may end up sending someone I can't handle after me.

Honestly speaking the way I raided town after town for hollows if it was the one piece world I'd probably have a bounty of over five hundred million enels on the bounty poster.

Ok enough jokes , I'm now ready for the Plan Mass Devouring chapter of Plan Evolution. I'm no longer getting stronger through eating hollows and I can now only get stronger through evolving into a gillian.

I also already found a place suitable for releasing the bait so I have no reason not to go on with the plan, so the plan is commencing today, now.

This brings me to where I am currently in, the biggest town or city as I don't know what to call these backward settlements. This city is probably the capital of whichever country I'm in.

This plan of mine is probably gonna get a lot of people killed but as a matter of fact

I

Don't

Care.

Somehow for some weird reason I feel extremely detached from humans and they seem to disgust me and I strangely feel like it's not my hollow side that hates them but me, the real me, whoever that is.

Unfortunately I don't have any memories of my past or I'd know why.

I bring out the bait pellets and there are 7 of them, I decide to crush them all as after this I have no plans to use it for anything and I don't plan to leave any extras lying around.

I take them all in my right palm and squeeze, crushing them.

Upon opening my palm again I am hit with a very strong scent of spiritual energy that I almost became high.

It smelt as thick as the inside of a perfume factory. Is it supposed to smell this strong?

I had no answer to that question as I hadn't experienced it before.

I was brought out of my reverie by the ground trembling. Hey what are the odds of an earthquake happening on the day I want to evolve.

But as I look up I see that there were none.

'Fuck.'

There were over a thousand hollows of different shapes and sizes running toward me. Maybe not at me but at the scent but it didn't really matter right now as I would soon be literally crushed by them if I stayed stationary.

I waited until they were close enough and then jumped really high into the air and landed right in the midst of them.

I didn't know exactly how to start the mass devouring process but remembering that in a riot all you had to do was start a fight between a few people and everyone else just joins in.

I bit into the nearest hollow who was on my left and tore a large chunk of flesh from him and quickly swallowed it before turning to my right and repeating the process.

A few more of that and soon the hollows were all attacking and eating each other and I was right in the thick of it.

I ducked left and right, jumped up and down and ate from new prey every bite. I didn't know how long this was supposed to continue but I wasn't planning on stopping soon especially as I felt a slight increase in my strength that I had not felt in a long while.

Soon I started feeling a bit drowsy but my body was still in a craze fighting and biting mindlessly so I fought with all my mental strength to stay awake and soon enough it seemed all the hollows just started fighting and devouring each other mindlessly without any form of rhythm.

But I continued fighting to stay awake as according to the canon, the perfect evolution should end with me retaining consciousness and control of the gillian body if I ever want to evolve further and not have my mind erased.

Suddenly we seemed to be melting into each other until we became a mass form of black. I could no longer feel my body but I was in some way still aware. I suddenly started feeling pain from where my head should be like someone or something was attacking me mentally.

I started seeing different memories that did not belong to me  and other forms of different things, memories of what I assumed were the other hollows in the inter devouring process with me but while I was still fighting against the memories and different personalities I felt the fog in my mind that was preventing me from seeing my memories move around me until it was able to shield me from all the mental attacks until they slowly disappeared.

'It's actually quite ironic that what is preventing me from seeing my memories is also protecting my mind at the same time.' I think as I slowly opened my eyes.

6