CHAPTER 34: REUNIFICATION
250 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Houryu stabbed Tristan in the heart from behind, Tristan turned to look at him with his mangekyou sharingan.

He seemed to want to cough up blood, but the moment he opened his mouth, a black crow with red eyes came out and slowly his body began to turn into countless black crows that flew in all directions leaving Houryu stupefied.

"How? When? Where?" he exclaimed as he looked around confusedly.

Suddenly everything around including the space, began to crack and shatter to pieces until suddenly everything disappeared and Houryu found himself back on the hill where he met Tristan.

The only thing different thing was that now he couldn't move from the spot and was stuck in place like a statue as Tristan slowly got up with the pained expression on his face.

"I always wanted to try that." Tristan said as he stood up.

"How?" he barely whispered.

"In case you have forgotten, because unlike me you don't have these eyes. These eyes can use something called genjutsu and well… you should know the rest from the memories you can actually access right now." Tristan answered, as he finally got to his feet and took a step towards him.

"When?" Houryu whispered again.

"The first moment you looked into my eyes, that's when. You may have become a strong vasto lorde now, but didn't you even think to be more careful about someone or something you know literally nothing about?" Tristan answered him and questioned him back as he took a step towards him.

"Frankly, that was quite disappointing, you are disappointing. I expected more from you to be honest." Tristan continued as he took another step towards him.

"You must have become quite cocky huh? Thinking because you've become a vasto lorde and now have all that power, that everything is within your hands, and you can now do as you like without any fear of repercussion." Tristan said again as he started to sound angry, and a slight pressure began to be released from his body.

"How naive." He said as he as suddenly the pressure coming from him became so heavy that it became palpable and made Houryu feel like he was a fish on the chopping block.

"How naive." Tristan said again this time with a bitter smile on his face as he reminisced.

Tristan finally got right in front of Houryu and said,

"I never took away your memories as even I can't do that, I only sealed them away. Since I'm going to need to merge with you, as you can't stop me, I might as well let you see." Tristan then raised his hand and tapped his index finger and middle finger on Houryu's head (Itachi style), Sending in a pulse of energy he swept away the fog inside Houryu's mind.

For Houryu everything suddenly went black as he fainted from the shock of that much Information being revealed inside of his brain at once.

"He blacked out?" Tristan said with a questioning face as he also slowly lowered himself to the ground and sat beside Houryu's blacked out body.

Sometime later…

Houryu's eyes fluttered open, and he sat up to see Tristan sitting beside him while looking at him.

Houryu finally knew what he wanted to know, but it didn't make him happier.

"Why, why did they do it. Why?" He asked as tears began to drop from his eyes. Tristan looked away from him and looked towards the sky instead.

"I don't know, I wished I did, but I don't. I've asked myself that question so many times and each time I can't understand why." He answered back with a calm voice, but it sounded a bit shaky.

"How do you even hold on to your sanity after all that without any form of closure?" Houryu asked again.

This time Tristan looked at Houryu straight in the eyes with his sharingan tomoes rotating quickly, sending chills through him and declared, "I don't want closure, I WANT REVENGE!"

Houryu went silent after that and just looked at Tristan straight in the eye for a few seconds as if pondering something before finally saying, "Now with my memories, I think I was kind of a fool to even think of fighting you." he said with a slight chuckle.

"Hahaha." Tristan gave a short laugh before saying, "You were."

Both of them looked at each other before both bursting into laughter. After a few more seconds they stopped laughing and then it was Houryu who spoke first, "What next?"

Tristan answered back "We'll have to unify once again, as I need you to revitalize myself enough to be able to do the soul and body nirvana. Luckily you seem to be powerful enough to be able to help me out."

"Houryu then stood up and said "well, then let's get started."

This elicited a questioning look from Tristan, so Houryu said again "We both know that we are not really that much of a talker and talking about things like feelings is even more of a no-go area for us.

Also, I can't exactly get away from this neither do I want to… I'm tired and well this is what I was made to do in the first place right."

Tristan hearing this from him nodded and slowly began to stand up.

"How do you even move with all that pain wracking your body?" Houryu suddenly questioned.

After getting up on his feet, Tristan looked at him and said, "I have a goal and this is one of the things I have had to bear with, but my focus is on the goal at the end and not the pain in between."

"Anything you wanna tell me before we start?" Tristan asked him.

"Other than don't forget to wipe Agares ass on the floor, nothing much?" Houryu answered back as he stretched his right hand to Tristan who clasped onto it with a clap.

Houryu's body began to slowly become ethereal as if it was fading out of existence as Tristan had already begun to absorb him back into him.

Just before he completely faded out of existence, Houryu looked towards Tristan and said all mysteriously "You weren't born to become a revenge seeking machine, so don't lose yourself to vengeance and give yourself a chance at happiness again. It's what they would have wanted for you, for us."

Just as he said those words Houryu faded out of existence as he was fully absorbed back into Tristan.

8