CHAPTER 37: UNCONTROLLABLE BLOODLUST
236 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a dark night and the town beneath the sky was in some sort of festival period as they were all sorts of festive activities occurring in the town. There were street side stalls that sold snacks and foods of all types.

Some stalls had games while some provided some other form of entertainment. All in all, there was a merry mood going on in and around the town even though it was already nighttime.

While all this was going on, above the clouds a line showed in the empty space as if there was a line on the very space itself before widening as if being pulled apart to show some sort of black void passageway the shape of an eye.

Maybe because it was already dark or maybe because what was happening did not exist in all realms of reality, hardly anyone noticed what just happened right above their heads.

Suddenly a bare, pale white foot came out of the shadows of the passageway and stepped on the air, but it seemed like it had a made a reservation to not be affected by gravity as it stopped right in the hair as if it was stepping on solid ground.

Following that the rest of the body of the pale white foot came out of the void passage and stood right on the air as the passageway closed behind him.

He had long white hair on both sides of his face, gold coloured eyes that showed forth under the strange white mask on his face.

(A/N: MCs face without the mask. Image here, forgot to post it early last chapter)

He was simply wrapped in a white cloth that only did well to cover a bit of his body and was wrapped around his body in the same fashion as a certain nazarene.

Luckily, he had white baggy trousers that covered the rest of his body below the belt to his feet, to prevent a certain snake from just billowing with the wind, the way his clothes were right now.

"The human world again, it's been quite a while since I came here last."Houryu slowly sighed as he looked around him but there was nothing much to see except the night stars as it was dark out.

The darkness did nothing to impede his vision as he could still see as clearly as he could during the day.

Slowly, he moved his eyes around until they came to settle upon the town directly below him and then he slowly descended towards the town.

As he slowly descended towards the town, he slowly observed the town's festivities without any change in his cold, stoic eyes. Suddenly he recognized this town from clone Houryu's memories as there had been something quite eventful that had happened to him here.

He then put those thoughts at the back of his mind as those things didn't concern him anymore in the slightest.

After landing slightly away from the town gate, he started to walk towards the town's gate and soon he had walked past the town's gate guards without eliciting the slightest response as if he wasn't even there.

They didn't notice him working by because of one of the nifty tricks that he had learned through the blood memories. He could now change from a physical body that could be seen by normal people to a spiritual form that only people with a certain threshold level of spiritual energy could see.

It didn't have that many uses and was not really all that useful, because all it did was change who he interacted with, without having them freak out. However, he liked this type of skill because the minor use that it had, was something that Houryu would need later.

After walking into the town while keeping his spiritual energy masked for obvious reasons, he slowly just walked around the festive streets without bothering to interact or anything. He just walked on pondering and reminiscing.

What was he reminiscing about? We may never know.

As he slowly walked on, without being very self-conscious of the path he was walking or the new environment he had already absentmindedly walked into.

Suddenly a high-pitched scream brought him out of his thoughts, as he looked up, a bit startled by the sudden scream.

Taking note of the direction the noise came from, he slowly started to walk there, as he was a bit amused by the situation and wanted to go and see if there was anything cinema worthy there for him to feast his eyes upon.

With a slight skip in his steps now he walked towards the scream without any sort of urgency as he was not some type of hero that would go and butt his nose into a matter that had nothing to do with him.

Finally, he found where the noise came from, it was some sort of dilapidated building on the trashier side of the town.

He walked towards the building and went in, not bothering with stealth as he was currently invisible to normal people.

Inside the building, he saw four people. Three of them were rough looking men while the last person was a girl about sixteen years of age, who was lying on the floor with a pool of blood slowly forming around her.

"Damn girl had to force me to hit her." The man closest to the girl's body said exasperatedly as he held tightly to the baton like weapon in his hand.

"Tch… that's a waste of a fine body." Another of the men said as he laughed cheekily as if there wasn't somebody dead next to them.

"Maybe we can go out for another one tonight…" the last man commented when suddenly they heard a voice.

"Ugly and disgusting" the voice said as all the men quickly began looking around for who was speaking, but they saw no one.

"All humans can do in the end is simply spread pain and grief. How absolutely revolting." the voice came again, and this time it was accompanied by the eerie two golden colored reptile like eyes that shone with a bright luster in the dark.

The men quickly came together, but it was very clear that they were scared, very scared at what was currently happening.

Houryu on the other hand was having a hard time controlling the bloodlust that was currently being stirred by these idiots in front of him.

He was confused as to why he even wanted to kill them, as while what they did would annoy him and ruin his mood and he probably will still kill them, it wouldn't be him losing control over his anger and wanting to slaughter everything in sight, like what was happening to him right now.

He was trying to rein in his bloodlust, but he was failing as his eyes began to shine even brighter.

Suddenly one of the men standing there seemed to have been shocked with stupidity as he decided to throw the baton like weapon in his hand towards the weirdly glowing eyes that he saw.

"This fucker…" came out of Houryu's mouth as he was annoyed at the gall of that man to throw "sticks" at him.

A great pressure suddenly erupted from Houryu's body as he lost control over his bloodlust the moment the "inferior specie" tried to attack him.

The pressure bore over everyone in the town as they fell to the floor immediately and had difficulty breathing.

Loud gasping sounds filled the town, and the mood everywhere went from festive to fearful.

At the center of the pressure was Houryu, whose reptile like pupils had gone red from his unleashed bloodlust.

He suddenly disappeared from the spot and grabbed the man who threw the "stick" at him by the neck and raised him in the air before proceeding to pound his head into the pavement three times.

The man already died after the first hit and already was smashed almost to a pulp at the second hit and by the third he literally exploded to pieces.

To the other men looking at this scene, it was like the man suddenly started floating in the air before being smashed into the floor, thrice.

"Either I'm too high, or we're next." One of the two men suddenly said as he couldn't even find the strength to move his legs from under him as he already collapsed to the floor.

The glowing eyes turned to face them, sending shivers through their spine, when suddenly a light came flying from a distance away towards Houryu.

 

 

Hello guys, Author here, please do give a like or favourite(i don't know what you guys call it here) and rate my book and also give reviews.

Thanks a lot guys for reading my book.

8