CHAPTER 38: RE-ENCOUNTER
248 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Houryu turned to face the two shivering blobs and was about to put them out of their misery when suddenly he felt something approaching him at quite a high speed.

He turned and looked at the ray of light coming towards his face and simply raised up his hand and caught it before squeezing it out of existence.

"Weak" He muttered as he looked towards the direction where the ray came from but what met his eyes met were five whitish blue arrows coming towards him, each bigger than the last.

He quickly side stepped the first arrow and then swung his right arm to deftly deflect the arrow away.

Then he jumped over the third arrow while also doing a flip and then bringing his right leg down hard on the fourth arrow, dispersing it into spiritual energy and then finally catching the last arrow in front of his face, but it suddenly blew up in his face.

As the arrow blew up in his face, it also blew up some dust to cover the area surrounding him. He was still covered in the smoke when a man middle aged man wearing a strange white outfit with a blue cross placed smack dab in the middle of the chest appeared out of nowhere and landed just outside the cloud of dust.

Houryu slowly walked out of the dust cloud to come face to face with the strange man, he was just about to attack him when suddenly he recalled a particular event that happened once to the clone Houryu.

"What is a hollow doing in this Van sama's territory and a vasto lorde no less." The strange outfit wearing man suddenly said.

'Hollow, what is he talking about, oh… the hollow mask. Tch more flies to be slapped to death." Houryu thought, quite annoyed at the constant interruption of his now not so peaceful walk.

"I was a bit annoyed at these worms and so let me kill them, and you and then be on my way." Houryu blurted out, and there was a bit of pride making its way into his tone.

"HuuH?" The quincy named Van shouted and made an ugly face, as never in his life had he been so blatantly disrespected and put aside like that.

"You come to my territory, kill humans, want to kill me and then just leave." Van spat back hatefully as he raised his Heilig Bogen towards Houryu and injected more spiritual energy into it, making it grow bigger.

(A/N: For those that don't know "Heilig Bogen" is the bow that quincies use)

"Didn't know if those qualify to be called humans, but then you're all an annoying and disgusting bunch, so you guys adopting pigs wouldn't surprise me." Houryu said back as he simply stared back at Van who had now pointed the business end of his weapon at him.

"They're people from my town and therefore they're people I have to protect." Van shot back as he pulled back and created arrows before letting fly at Houryu.

Houryu who had dodged the arrows charged at him and tried to hit him with a punch but suddenly as if the man disappeared, he was no longer to be seen before he suddenly appeared a bit behind Houryu and shot more arrows.

"Protect? From whom? They're already killing themselves, but all you seem to see is yourself being their shield and protecting your people from harm, but you fail to realize that there is already harm happening by the so-called people you protect." Houryu said while leisurely dodging the arrows before trying to hit Van again, but he just disappeared strangely like last time.

'Hirenkyaku huh?' he thought while observing the quincy.

(A/N: Another author note but "Hirenkyaku" is the quincy equivalent of "flash steps")

"Honestly I get why the soul society wanted to kill your kind so much, your warped way of thinking is already annoying enough and for people trying to keep the balance, you really did well by just killing all those souls instead of letting them be purified." He continued while still leisurely just dodging the arrows.

"You bastard, what do you even know about companionship or family huh? You piece of shit." Van shouted, thorughly infuriated by Houryu's words

"What do I know about family?" Houryu stopped and asked, his spiritual pressure bearing down on the area even more as his white spiritual energy began to show a hint of red as if being corrupted by his bloodlust.

"I did have a family, but they were taken away by the same kind of people as you and the kind you are protecting." Houryu quietly said in a whisper so low it could hardly be heard by even himself.

Houryu suddenly disappeared and reappeared in front of Van and grabbed him by the neck.

"Just because you were hopping around like a grasshopper didn't mean I couldn't kill you if I wanted to and now you've annoyed me enough to earn yourself a ticket to hell." Houryu said as he held Van by the neck and the bloodlust around him so palpable that the smell of blood was already evident in the air.

Houryu suddenly threw him skyward and jumped after and gave him a well-placed punch in the gut that sent him flying even higher with Houryu in hot pursuit.

As Houryu neared him again he suddenly started creating flame around his fist and then slowly condensing it before exploding it in his next punch with Van's stomach still the target.

'Fire fist.'

Van didn't even have the strength to scream as his mouth was already full of more blood to spit out… again.

After the last punch Van was a fair distance away, but instead of following him, all Houryu did was raise his right index finger towards him and condensed his spiritual energy into a ball like shape before exploding it outwards to the target's direction.

"Cero." he said quietly as the cero rushed towards Van and incinerated him. He didn't even have the chance to scream in pain before he was no more.

Houryu still stood in place,with great amounts of spiritual energy and blood lust still flowing off his body as even after killing Van he felt not the slightest bit of relief from his anger.

Still angry and craving to spill blood he set his sights on the town that was beneath him once again.

His body suddenly caught fire as he began to transform into his phoenix form.

6