CHAPTER 62: BATTLING A JOTEI 13 SQUAD CAPTAIN
139 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh shit… "

"Things never really do go along with the plan, do they?" he said to himself with a sigh as he saw the head full of short white hair.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my office." came a stern but childish voice as Hitsugaya Toshiro grabbed the hilt of the zanpakutou on his back as he saw the sketchy masked guy in his office with his lieutenant knocked out on a chair behind the suspicious dude.

Sure, it looked like she was knocked out by booze instead but that didn't change the fact that there was a suspicious person in the office of a squad captain of the Jotei 13.

"Would you believe I just paid a visit to pick up something of mine that ended up in your office." Houryu said as he gave his most harmless smile, and then remembered that most of his face was covered by the hollow mask on his face, making him seem extra menacing.

"Bollocks." he said as he dodged a swing of Toshiro's sword at his head.

"Oi, Wake up, Matsumoto!" Toshiro called out and tapped Rangiku who was lying on the chair that he had managed to move the intruder from after slicing his sword at him.

"...Huh … Captain… what are you doing here." She asked drowsily as she woke up slowly and looked at her captain that was looking tense as he woke her.

"Huh… captain, what's going on and who's that." She asked again still sounding a bit drowsy as she looked at the visitor who was here at the same time as her captain.

"That's what I want to ask you? How was he in my office and you were sleeping while he did whatever he came here to do." Toshiro shouted back at her while keeping a cautious eye on this intruder that was holding onto some weird animal.

"I'd love to stay and chat but let me leave you guys to catch up with yourselves while I take my leave." Houryu said as he ran towards the window of the office and jumped out through it.

"Oh no, you don't." Toshiro shouted after him as he ran after him and gestured for Rangiku to follow after him.

Houryu had just jumped out of the window and was now running towards the nearest wall he could see when he heard from behind him,

"Soten ni zase,  HYOURINMARU!!!"

Houryu quickly jumped up just before a dragon formed from water and ice came crashing down just where he was a second ago.

"Come on, you don't even know who I am and you're already using your shikai release." He shouted at Toshiro just after dodging his attack and landing.

"It's exactly because I don't know who you are that I need to take you down fast!" He shouted again before bringing his sword down again, sending another ice dragon at Houryu who jumped out of the way again.

"Take me down? What's wrong with kids these days thinking they're already some big shit just cuz they've now gradated to wearing boxers." Houryu spoke as if he was talking to himself but spoke loud enough for Toshiro to hear it, which resulted in a tick mark showing up on his forehead and him angrily shooting another ice dragon at Houryu again.

Houryu dodged again to the side and out of range of the ice dragon before moving Sylvia into his left hand and cradled her there before using his right hand to hold his sword which he just brought out of his spatial earring.

"It'd be a shame to not clash swords with a Jotei 13 squad captain after meeting one though." He said and then winked at Rangiku who was now standing a little distance away from their fight and then charging at Toshiro before he could send another ice dragon at him.

*CLANG* Sparks flew as their swords collided.

They had a couple of quick sword exchanges creating clanging sounds and sparks in just a few seconds before entering a dead lock once again, but this time Toshiro opted to try and kick Houryu's sword arm. Houryu simply shifted his body a bit and then used his elbow to block the kick, but Toshiro quickly used it as a foothold and then threw another kick towards Houryu's left chest and due to Sylvia cradled in his left arm, Houryu had no choice but to shift himself and receive the kick without putting Sylvia in the way of the kick.

Houryu was launched backwards by the kick hitting him on the chest and he somersaulted to stabilize himself in the air so he wouldn't end up falling, but as he somersaulted, he saw Toshiro already coming at him again as he was flying back so he sent some spiritual energy into his sword and sent a flying slash at Toshiro prompting to block it and thus prevented him from reaching him and following up with the attack.

"I get why they call you genius, especially with your skill and battle instinct and all… but kid, I'm not really all that interested in you, and I'd rather take the one behind you on a date or something than playing around with you right now."Houryu said to Toshiro as he landed and looked at him.

"WHA…What do you mean." Toshiro asked, stunned at his opponent line of thought.

"Oh… I forgot you're still a kid without information about the things adults do… but the point is I have other things to do... and I'd rather be doing them right now than fighting with you.

"Well, they can wait… As you still have to explain what you were doing in my office." He said as he charged towards Houryu again with his sword poised for a strike.

"But I already did… I mean sure it was suspicious, but who cares, right?" Houryu replied as he blocked Toshiro's attack again, this time pushing him back.

"And you expect me to believe that… Even you know that it sounds suspicious. I'll be sure to believe you when I've caught you" Toshiro said again as he slid back and then finally stopped.

Toshiro stood straight again with his sword held in both hands, but this time instead of charging forward waited in place as his streched his sword and started saying,

"BANKA…!" before he was suddenly interrupted.

"Yeah, we can't have that." Houryu said immediately he saw that Toshiro was trying to activate bankai.

"Arie Swordmanship: White Nebula" He swung his sword sending what looked like a white field of stars at Toshiro who quickly stopped trying to activate his bankai and hurried to block Houryu's attack at him.

"AAAARRRRGGHHH." He shouted as the sword attack collided with his sword pushing him back.

2