CHAPTER 63: TURBULENCE IN SEIRETEI
146 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Arie Swordsmanship: White Nebula," He swung his sword sending what looked like a white field of stars at Toshiro who quickly stopped trying to activate his bankai and hurried to block Houryu's attack on him.

"AAAARRRRGGHHH." He shouted as the sword attack collided with his sword pushing him back, but Houryu wasn't done yet as he raised his sword again and entered another pose,

"Arie Swordsmanship: White Night," he said as the spiritual energy he flowed through his sword seemed to become some sort of black white around his sword as he swung his sword at Toshiro again sending another attack of sword waves at him completely engulfing him and sending flying back.

"CAPTAIN!!!" Rangiku shouted after the flying Toshiro before turning back to face Houryu who just sent her captain flying. She quickly drew her sword and her spiritual energy spiked as she prepared to release her shikai.

"Growl, Hai…" She started to say when suddenly a finger appeared on her lips, shushing her,

"Shhhhhh…" Houryu shushed Rangiku with his right index finger on her lips, "Don't do that, beautiful… I'd rather do other things with you than fight you, but there's not really time for that now." He said as he looked her straight in the eyes.

Then he took his finger off her lips and then turned back to pick up his sword that he had stabbed into the ground when he was coming to shush her.

"And don't worry about the kid… those attacks weren't meant to kill him or even hurt him that much… He still has his uses, so I'd rather he stayed alive for now." Houryu said as he walked away, picked up his sword, and then disappeared in a flash, leaving a booming sound in his wake.

In the main hospital of the fourth division/ First treatment room…

"Too bad then! You will now receive the punishment for your failure." Kurotsuchi Mayuri shouted as he raised his left arm to strike at Ikkaku, infuriated that he wasn't giving him any information about the intruders in the soul society that he had met and fought and lost to.

Mayuri was bringing his hand down towards Ikkaku when someone caught his hand from behind. Mayuri quickly looked over his shoulder to see who had the nerve to stop him but saw Zaraki Kenpachi behind him and holding onto his hand.

"I'm surprised… Since when did you have authority over members of another division."Kenapachi said lazily as he stood beside him.

"...Zaraki…!" Mayuri cursed under his breath before roughly collecting his hand from Zaraki's and then storming off,

"Since your captain is here, I will be taking my leave… Let's go Nemu." He said and called to his lieutenant as he stormed off angrily.

"Captain…" Ikkaku greeted his captain from his bed.

"Yahoo!" Suddenly a pink-haired kid's head popped up from Kenpachi's shoulder and said to Ikkaku.

"Ah… The vice-captain is here, too." Ikkaku said again, a bit surprised.

"Are you okay? I was soooo worried, Baldie!!" Yachiru said to Ikkaku in her childish voice.

"I told you already! Stop calling me that, Shortie!!" Ikkaku said back to her, sounding a bit infuriated.

"...I heard that you… lost a fight…" Kenpachi cut in and asked.

"...I'm very sorry." Ikkaku apologised and started to say some other things when Kenpachi asked again, "… Is he strong?"

"Very," Ikkaku answered and said, before going on to describe Ichigo's looks and zanpakutou, his objectives, and his likely destination to Kenpachi. Ikkaku also told Kenpachi that he had told Ichigo to look out for him and that Ichigo will also probably become a lot stronger by the time they meet.

"Is that so… What's his name?" Kenpachi asked with a crazy smile on his face

"Kurosaki Ichigo…"  Ikkaku said to Kenpachi

"... before you leave captain…" Ikkaku called out again to Kenpachi.

"... There was someone else… someone more dangerous…" Ikkaku said as he recalled that man's feral grin and bloodlust.

"... Oh?" Kenpachi who was about to turn, and leave stopped and focused on Ikkaku again, very intrigued.

"... I didn't fight him, neither do I know why he's here and where he's going or where he could be… but…" Ikkaku started to say but cold sweat was already pouring down his back.

"... The amount of blood lust flowing around him and the ferocity I could feel from him… sent my instincts into a blur…" Ikkaku finally managed to say, but Kenpachi now had the craziest smile you could ever see on a person's face."

"Not one strong person… but two… haha" he said and laughed to himself crazily as he turned and dashed out of the hospital.

A few hours later…

Ichigo had defeated Renji and sent him into critical condition and was in critical condition himself, but he had been taking into the sewers by Ganju and Hanataro, while Renji got thrown into jail by Byakuya for facing the enemy alone and then losing.

At the meeting room in Squad 1 headquarters…

All captains except Ukitake Jushiro were assembled in the meeting room for a meeting regarding the updates of the Ryoka situation.

"Right now, during this emergency, the thirteen divisions are already short one vice-captain." Genryusai Yamamoto, the squad 1 captain started the meeting with this statement, "… and in the short span of a day…" he continued.

He then concluded the meeting by pardoning Gin's earlier offense of acting alone and ended with the declaration of a wartime situation and that the higher officials must have their zanpakutou's with them at all times.

As the meeting ended and the captains were about to leave, Gin suddenly asked Toshiro, "… Oi Hitsugaya -kun, I heard that your barracks was attacked by one of the ryoka…"

Everyone's footsteps froze upon hearing Gin's question to Toshiro.

"... And unlike my situation, he got away relatively unharmed after fighting with… you." Gin continued,

"Oh…?" Kenpachi said aloud, with other captain's now listening attentively especially since they had felt the spiritual energies clashing, hours earlier.

"...Yes, I did fight a ryoka, after I found him in my office… but he got away… " Toshiro turned around and said to Gin.

"...though he was a particularly strange one…" he added.

"You mean that there are some of the ryokas that are strong enough to fight a squad captain… and get away relatively unharmed?" Unohana who was usually quiet suddenly asked, quite interested in this issue.

"That is certainly worrying." Aizen also concured, while thinking in the back of his mind, '…Well, that's certainly an unplanned variable… but it doesn't really make a difference in my plans… rather on the contrary, it would cause a lot more suspicion and distraction for me to go along with my plan undisturbed.'

"...Yes, it is quiet worrying, so make sure to keep on your toes to prevent any… unexpected surprises." Gin added as he walked away first from the meeting room.

The Next Morning…

Houryu slept on the roof of a pretty high building as the early morning rays of sun appeared when suddenly,

"IYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" someone suddenly screamed, waking him and Sylvia up.

"CAPTAIN AIZEN!" the female voice screamed again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yo guys, it's me again, hehe... and like usual I'll request for your powerstones... nut this time there is a catch.

If you guys can make it 80 powerstones before the reset on sunday, then there'll be an extra chapter on monday for you guys.

Also, there's gonna be another poll in the next chapter so get ready to make your choices, don't let the "****************" have their way this time.

It's gonna be concerning the likely next arc and a few other factors, so anticipate...

3