CHAPTER 65: STRANGE HAPPENINGS IN THE STORYLINE II
135 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Want one?"

"Hmmm… ok." Yachiru said as she took the candy and put it in her mouth and then they both went back to watching Ichigo charging towards Zaraki.

Just like in canon it ended with an epic failure as Ichigo could not even put the littlest of scratches on Zaraki's skin and Houryu even checked with his mangekyou sharingan to make sure.

"Tch… it's already boring." Houryu said with a sigh as he watched Ichigo look on in stupor because his sword couldn't do anything to Zaraki.

"Umu… a sword like that won't even affect Ken-Chan, Whitey." Yachiru answered back.

"Yeah… huh…? Whitey???" Houryu asked back with his eyes widened.

"Yes, Whitey?" Yachiru looked at him with a clueless look on her face and asked back.

Houryu squinted his eyes and looked at her with a weird expression as he remembered she had a knack for giving weird nicknames then he just turned back to the fight and answered,

"Nothing."

'Better to go with "Whitey" than to get another worse name that people won't forget.' He thought as he sweated slightly and shivered.

"Come on Ichigo! … less thinking, more swinging!" Houryu shouted from the sidelines like a coach just after Zaraki finished explaining why Ichigo's sword won't cut him the way it was now.

"Exactly…!!! Wait who are you?" Zaraki shouted in agreement before asking the weirdly dressed guy he had never seen before who he was.

"Wait… Houryu, why are you here…!?" Ichigo shouted as he saw Houryu standing beside Yachiru.

"Oh… you know each other… so that means you're one of the other ryoka…" Kenpachi said as he looked away from Ichigo to Houryu again.

"Umu… Ken-chan… he has white hair like the other guy baldie talked about." Yachiru said with her hand on her chin, as if in thought.

"Oho… come and fight me…!" Kenpachi shouted at him and almost started running at him.

"Uhh… No… or maybe… if you can still stand after your fight with Ichigo." Houryu stated before continuing,

"... but we are really getting off point… Ichigo…! stop thinking and attack, you're making this battle boring for us spectators and even your opponent… right Zaraki-kun?" Houryu continued with a serious look on his face.

"You're a sword-swinging idiot…! act like one!" Houryu motivated with his hand under his chin stroking his non-existent beard.

Ichigo almost coughed up blood out of anger like in all those xianxia novels while inside his mindscape, white Ichigo already burst out laughing shouting "He got that one right!" while repeatedly wiping tears away from his laughing eyes and even Zangetsu smiled.

"Exactly what I've been saying all this while, acting all broody like that Byakuya when you can just bring out your sword and cut all your problems away," Kenpachi shouted in agreement as he wanted a good fight.

"Wait… hold up… what do you mean Byakuya should bring out his sword and cut his problem away?" Houryu asked as he had heard something interesting just now.

"Oh… you guys don't know?" Kenpachi suddenly asked like he had heard the most stupid question.

"He's obviously trying to save his sister from the death penalty, but instead of him just fighting with the central 46 and them he's overthinking and using his family's political powers instead." Kenpachi suddenly dropped a bomb on Houryu's ears

'Wait, what…? What does he mean by Byakuya trying to save Rukia from the death penalty.' Houryu thought as he asked Kenpachi,

"So, you mean he should just take a sword and cut down the central 46 because they sentenced his sister to death." He asked with his right eyebrow raised as he wondered what this guy did with his brain all day, because it definitely wasn't thinking.

"Shouldn't he?" He asked back with a face that said that's what he'd have done.

'What did I even expect from this fighting maniac.' Houryu sighed as he facepalmed.

"Just get back to fighting… that one is already getting antsy," he said as he turned to look at the ignored Ichigo reminding Kenpachi that he was currently in battle.

"Oi, intruder… try to at least a dent on my sword as I still have to fight your friend over there!" Kenpachi said with a crazy smile as he drew his sword. Kenpachi then charged at Ichigo and sword his sword at him, causing Ichigo to evade quickly and start running away.

'Something is going wrong in the storyline around that Byakuya guy. First, he's actually trying to save Rukia and his character also sounds a bit different from the canon story and also the fact that I sensed some of my phoenix life energy from him.' Houryu thought as he watched Kenpachi chase Ichigo all around the place.

'I feel like I'm missing something… something about my presence somewhere in soul society somewhere in the past must have done something that even I didn't notice… I just can't for the life of me think when or how it happened." He thought with scrunched-up eyebrows until Sylvia licked his cheek from the shoulder that she was laying on.

"What are you thinking about, whitey?" Yachiru asked as she looked up at him.

"Nothing important really…" Houryu answered back.

"Ok… then give me more candy?" Yachiru immediately said back.

"Hai hai… here" Houryu brought more candy from his earring and then gave them to Yachiru, who quickly unwrapped a lollipop and then put it in her mouth.

"Where do you even hide all this candy?" Yachiru asked, now with the lollipop in her mouth.

"Why do you ask?" Houryu asked back,

"So, I can take all your candy!" She said loudly with a smile on her face.

Houryu just had his mouth open as he heard her answer before bursting out laughing, "Then, I definitely can't tell you where I hid them." He answered back as they began to move so they could keep up with Ichigo and Kenpachi's game of tag where Ichigo ran as fast as he could while Kenpachi came after him, trying to kill him.

Ichigo finally stopped running after he sensed Chad's spiritual energy growing weaker, out of desperation he actually started fighting back against Zaraki after gathering his resolve and he was finally able to draw some blood from Kenpachi but that all ended when he started thinking he could defeat Zaraki after managing to injure him.

'Well, a sword in the heart helps a lot in clearing up such stupid thoughts… oh, there it happened.' Houryu thought as he watched Kenpachi stab his sword through Ichigo's sword and then into his chest.

Kenpachi turned away from Ichigo who was now lying on the floor with blood pouring out from his chest.

"Well… will you come down to fight or should I come up?" Kenpachi asked as he looked towards where was seated on the building, with Yachiru.

Houryu simply pointed his finger towards Ichigo who was still on the ground behind Zaraki, "Stepping on a cockroach only once is not guaranteed to kill it… see it's still alive" he said as he pointed to Ichigo who was rising up again, along with his spiritual energy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like the multiversal arc is overwhelmingly favoured...  and the world to be picked is... I think I'll keep that to myself for a bit longer.

Due to the fact that we had passed the 80 powerstones milestones there'll be an extra chapter today.

Cheers to me and keep me motivated with more powerstones

1