Chapter 4
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luca's food had arrived, but he wasn't particularly hungry. His hazel eyes were red from crying. He only took four bites of the food before rolling onto his side. Luca craved his boyfriend's touch, but Patrick needed space to calm down. Patrick's angry expression terrified Luca. That evening, Luca heard the door open but remained under the covers.

"Babe, please look at me," Patrick said softly. "We need to talk," he said. Luca uncovered his face and looked at him.

"Are you going to leave me?" he asked, his lower lip trembling.

"No babe," "I told mom that if they can't accept you, they should let my brother, Adam, be the alpha," he said, shaking his head.

Luca drew back the cover and looked at Patrick, stunned.

"Did you give up the pack for me?" he inquired.

"You are my entire world," Patrick declared. "I love you," he added.

"We're both rogues now," Luca admitted.

"I don't care as long as we're together," Patrick explained. As Luca wrapped his arms around Patrick's neck, tears streamed down his cheeks. Patrick cupped Luca's chin and said, "Don't cry, baby."

"I'm just happy," Luca said as he wiped his eyes.

Luca drew back and smiled at his adoring boyfriend.

"I'd like to cuddle," he explained.

"First and foremost, eat," Patrick advised. "After that, we'll cuddle," he said.

"All right, but eat with me," Luca pleaded. Patrick smiled, kissed Luca on the cheek, and reached for his lukewarm meal. Luca nibbled on a strawberry while Patrick warmed up his food. While Patrick ate at his desk, Luca ate what was left of his meal.

"I'll be released on Sunday," Luca exclaimed. "May we go shopping?" he inquired. "Sure, whatever you want," Patrick said as he turned to face Luca. Luca smiled and clapped his hands in delight.

Patrick cleaned up the mess after dinner. Luca took a notepad from the table and jotted down a list of foods he desired.

"What were you working on?" Patrick inquired after Luca placed the notepad on the table.

"A shopping list," Luca explained. "I want to be prepared when we get to the store," he explained. After they cleaned up, they cuddled in their usual positions, with Patrick leaning back against the pillow and Luca nuzzling against his bare chest. Patrick moaned around midnight because his back was killing him.

"Babe, roll onto your side," he said. "My back hurts, and I need to change positions."

"OK," Luca said sleepily. Luca rolled onto his side, being cautious of the IV. Patrick lay down behind Luca and wrapped his arms around him.

4/21/2040

Luca awoke around seven o'clock the next morning, needing to use the restroom. Patrick's embrace tightened with each movement.

"I have to pee," he said, squirming in Patrick's arms.

Patrick mumbled in his sleep, "Five more minutes, babe."

"My bladder can't wait another five minutes," Luca told himself. He pushed Patrick's arms away from him and rose from the bed. When Patrick awoke and heard noises in the bathroom, he asked, "Babe, are you alright in there?"

"Yeah, just washing up," Luca explained.

"Do you need any help?" Patrick inquired. Except for the sound of running water, the bathroom was silent for a few seconds.

"No, I'm fine," Luca replied. "This bathroom isn't designed to accommodate two people," he explained.

Luca emerged from the cramped bathroom ten minutes later, pulling the pole that held his IV bag behind him. He scooted back onto the bed and leaned against the pillow.

"As much as I appreciated your assistance, the two of us wouldn't fit in there," he explained.

"When we get home tomorrow," Patrick said, "we can take a shower together."

"I'd like that." Luca smiled and nodded. "Do you have my phone?" Luca asked.

"Yea, do you need it?" Patrick nodded and asked.

"It's Saturday and I wanted to call Alina," he said.

Luca smiled as he accepted the phone. Patrick handed him and first checked the battery.

"I'll have to charge it after I'm done using it," he explained.

"After you talk to your friend," Patrick said, "I'll plug it in." Luca smiled as he dialed Alina's phone number. After three rings, the line on the other end began to pick up.

"Hello," a familiar voice said on the other end.

"Alina, this is Luca," he said.

"Hello," she said excitedly. "How are you doing?" she inquired.

"I'm doing well," Luca said.

"Is your boyfriend there?" she inquired.

"Yes, he's right next to me," Luca said. "You can talk to him if you want," Luca said, pushing the speaker.

Luca leaned back and placed the phone on the table in front of them.

Patrick said, "Hello."

"Good day," Alina said. "It's nice to hear you in a happier tone," she said.

"I know it wasn't the best of first impressions," he admitted.

"Are things better now?" she inquired.

"Yes," both Luca and Patrick said simultaneously.

"That makes me happy," Alina said cheerfully. "When are you going home?" Alina inquired.

"Tomorrow," Luca promised.

"All right," she said, "Will you be there, Patrick?" she inquired.

"Yes," he confirmed. "I'm going to live with him," Patrick announced.

"Wonderful!" she exclaimed. "Well, thanks for calling and letting me know," Alina said. Patrick plugged in the phone when the call ended.

Luca leaned back against the pillow, a smile on his face.

"What exactly is that smile?" Patrick inquired.

"I believe Alina likes you," he stated.

"What do you mean by that?" he inquired, his gaze drawn to Luca.

"She wouldn't have called you if she hadn't," Luca explained. Patrick let out a soft chuckle as he realized what Luca was saying.

"At least someone approves of us being together," Patrick said.

They cuddled and enjoyed each other's company for the rest of Saturday morning. They enjoyed the silence because there wasn't much to watch on television. Outside the window, birds sang. "I love you," Luca said, tilting his head up.

"I love you too," Patrick said as he kissed him on the lips. Just one more day, and they'd be able to demonstrate how much they meant to each other.

0