Chapter 8
318 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-8 

.

.

By: Child of Fate 

.

.

*** 

.

{Host, you have collected enough FP to complete the task. Should I start the procedure?}

Looking at the ceiling of the room, Izumi thought yes.

Currently, he and his Master are residing in an inn in a village which is near Star Dou Forest. After the reunion between his Master and her Martial Aunt, Tang Yuehua advanced to the 70th rank. As she was able to overcome one of her emotional barriers, she decided to stop here to consolidate her rank.

Another reason why they decided to rest near the Star Dou Forest was to choose a suitable first spirit ring for Izumi. After going through a lot of spirit beasts included in the Spirit Beast Encyclopedia, Izumi felt sleepy and decided to sleep.

But before he could close his eyes, Emerald gave him a message that he was anticipating after he met with Ah Yin.

{-20,000 FP to know about the 2 main changes in this universe which are not known to host according to his memories.

-10,000 FP to know 2 random changes in this universe which are not known to host according to his memories.

-5,000 FP to know the most suitable and easily available ring near the host's location.}

After the upgrade of Emerald, Izumi was able to find important changes in the timeline of the universe for a certain amount of FP.

And the gender of Emerald became female after the upgrade. Now Izumi started to use 'she' for Emerald, as he used 'it' for her.

According to Emerald, using FP she can get information by perceiving the fate of the universe. So after the large amount of FP, he gained after the meeting with his Martial Aunt he immediately tried the new features of Emerald.

{Main Changes:

  1. Huo Yuhao from 10,000 years in the future of a parallel universe gave future events, knowledge, and legacy of Calamity Necromancer Electrolux to Bibi Dong when Qian Renxue was formed in her womb, to avoid the war between Spirit Beasts and Humans, and unite them to fight against Divine Realm.

  2. Gu Yuena from 20,000 years in the future of a parallel universe gave future events and knowledge to Gu Yuena of this universe 7 years ago to avoid the war between Spirit Beasts and Humans, and fight against the invasion from the neighboring 3 galaxies of the Douluo Galaxy.

Random Changes:

  1. Star Dou Forest allied with Spirit Hall 6 years ago.

  1. Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan was attacked by Clear Sky Clan 4 years ago, and the remnants of the clan are hiding in the Extreme North.

The most suitable and easily available first spirit ring near the host's location is…}

.

.

*** 

.

.

Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan.

Once known as one of the three upper-sect clans of the Heaven Dou Empire. 

Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan was a clan that specialized in the Auxiliary System and their spirit Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Pagoda was considered the best in terms of the Auxiliary Tools

But 4 years ago, the clan was attacked by the Clear Sky Clan for unknown reasons. When the King of Heaven Dou Empire asked the reason for the attack, the Clear Sky Clan showed proof of how the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan was doing secret dealings with the Star Luo Empire.

So the King announced that Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan was a traitorous clan and any disciple of that clan found was to be killed at sight.

But the real reason for the attack was only known by three people, the Titled Douluos of the clan, Gu Rong and Chen Xin, and the wife of the previous head of the clan, Chen Bing.

Mostly unknown to the outside world, with only a hundred or so disciples, the destroyed clan managed to make a pact with the spirit beasts of the Extreme North and started to live with them peacefully. 

As the disciples of the clan mostly focused on the Auxiliary system, they used to marry Spirit Masters with Attack, Defence, or Control Systems. But after the kill-on-sight decree by the Heaven Dou Empire, the disciples of the clan made one spirit beast each as their protector and started to live together as a family in the Extreme North.

Soon enough the tradition of making a spirit contract with a spirit beast at a young age formed in the clan. Many precautionary rules and regulations were also made to stop any infighting between spirit masters and spirit beasts. 

But the clan was able to make an equal contract with spirit beasts due to Chen Bing being half spirit beast and the second daughter of the matriarch of the Ice Jade Scorpion clan.

Chen Bing was the daughter of the Ice Jade Empress Scorpion Bing Yu and Chen Xin the Sword Douluo, with the martial Spirit of Skyfrost Sword.

“Elder Sister, why did you make a human instead of a spirit beast as a protector of my niece?” 

An irritated voice resounded in an office as a jade-green hair-coloured teenage girl opened the door with a large thud.

Facing her elder sister, who was in her mid-thirties but looked like a woman in her early twenties with sky-blue hair and calm blue eyes, complained about the safety of her adorable niece.

“Bing Bing, Little Rong has almost a million years of spirit beast as her first spirit ring, and she still hasn't made a friend similar to her age. So I asked our father to find a suitable candidate for her.” 

“But-”

“And sister Daydream also said that she might have another martial spirit locked in her spiritual sea, so don't worry about the potential of that little girl.”

With a pout, Chen Bing saw her spirit partner and her half-sister Bing Bing run away from her office in irritation.

“Fufufu just how much I wanted to see how my antisocial daughter goes along with that icy and cold type of little girl.”

Ning Rongrong was born due to a one-night stand Chen Bing made with her childhood friend Ning Fengzhi. Even though she married her childhood friend on paper they just maintained a friendly relationship while providing all the love they can to their daughter.

One reason why she never liked Ning Fengzhi was because of his loyalty toward his clan, he even sacrificed his life and pushed her outside the attack zone of the Titled Douluos of the Clear Sky Clan, even though she was his protector. 

So as not to waste his sacrifice, she promised to take care of the remaining of his clan and provide love and care to their daughter. She even went to meet alone the Snow Empress to negotiate and get the Beautiful Silk Tulip to help Rongrong evolve her martial spirit into Nine Treasure Glazed Tile Pagoda.

“I hope Rongrong becomes a good sister to Xiaotao just like how I had three sworn sisters in my early teens. I hope all of them are safe and happy.”

Cheng Bing sighed as she felt nostalgic about her past.

.

.

*** 

.

.

“Rongrong I already told you, it doesn't work like this!”

“B-but it doesn't hurt to try it once!”

Two girls were discussing as they sat together on a large bed and looked at the broken mirror or the martial spirit of one of the girls.

Xia Qingyue sighed as she thought about how she was stupid to use her martial spirit for such mundane things. 

After becoming the protector and friend of the heiress of this auxiliary clan, her determination to become strongly increased. But even she was surprised when she formed an almost sisterly bond with a person of her age.

But she didn't hate it and with that, she also started to find and experience new things which awakened the adventure side of her heart. 

She looked at her first spirit ring which she obtained after Grandpa Chen introduced her to the core members of the clan. She was also surprised at how most of the clan gained their spirit rings. 

After the death of a spirit master, with the help of a special device made by Grandpa Gu, the clan members were able to extract and store the essence of the spirit rings of the spirit master.

Even though the age of the spirit ring is reduced by one-tenth, reusing and storing the spirit rings also helped a lot in reducing the crime rate of all the northern cities and towns made by spirit masters.

The 9,000 years old Mirror Image Beast was Xia Qingyue's first spirit ring. Her spirit ability allowed her to store any two spirit abilities she had watched or know how the spirit ability is used. But she can only store and use those spirit abilities which her spirit power reserves can handle. If not she would have copied the instant teleportation spirit ability of Grandpa Gu.

Currently, Xia Qingyue and Ning Rongrong were testing the passive ability of the Mirror of Samsara. The passive ability helps to discern the truth and lies spoken by any person who is holding the mirror.

“Xiaotao, come on, I just want to check if this ability works similarly to that magic mirror from one of your stories of Snow White and the seven dwarfs.” Rongrong excitedly said as she was curious about who was the most beautiful in this world.

Every night, Qingyue used to recount one story to Rongrong, which she remembered her brother used to tell her in the orphanage as nighttime stories.

But unknown to Rongrong, Qingyue also used the mirror a lot of times to find if it is similar to the one from the story. But sadly the mirror can't talk like in the story, it only changes its colour to indicate if it is truth or a lie. 

.

.

*** 

.

.

4