Chapter 9
234 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-9 

.

.

By: Child of Fate 

.

.

*** 

.

Pyu~Pyuu~~ 

A blue-green colour slimy substance, the size of an adult's palm was silently eating an excretory waste of an unknown spirit beast while making a strange noise.

“What the fu-”

“Language!”

A mature woman scolded a 6-year-old boy in a low voice as he tried to say the f-word.

Both of them were watching the slimy substance or a new species of spirit beast from the bushes a few meters away. 

The cute boy cursed inwardly for not keeping his tongue in control. He accepted his fate knowing well that he would get a long-ass lecture from his master for the f-word.

While the beautiful woman spread her spiritual sense in all directions to warn her if any beast came near their location. But she was also shocked like her disciple for finding a new species of spirit beasts.

Not trying to peek at the curvy figure of Tang Yuehua, Izumi found it hard to believe that existence from the japanese novel crossed over into the chinese novel world.

Shaking that ridiculous thought away, he believed that finding a slime as a spirit beast here should be a possibility. He just hoped that this slime is not an overpowered slime in a certain Japanese novel. Emerald pointed out that the slime in front of him, which is ten years old, is the most suitable spirit ring for his unknown black sword martial spirit.

Tang Yuehua looked at her disciple who was going to hunt his first spirit ring. Always before going to hunt her spirit ring, she relied on her martial spirit to point the direction of the most suitable spirit ring.

This time for her seventh spirit ring which will decide her spirit avatar, her martial spirit pointed at her disciple who will find the spirit beast for her spirit which she found a little unbelievable.

But trusting her intuition she asked Izumi which spirit beast he wanted for his first spirit ring after she consolidated her rank. His reply was vague, telling that it will depend on fate. 

And soon enough she saw him staring intensely at an unknown spirit beast ten years old on the outskirts of the Star Luo Forest. Hiding her presence properly she remained on guard to help Izumi if he faced any unknown danger in his hunt while also looking for any suitable spirit beast for her.

Izumi materialized his black sword and without making any sound ran in the slime's direction.

When he was just a meter away from the slime, he positioned his sword to slash the slime. With this close to the spirit beast, he found the blue-green slimy being had a small stone in its middle representing its core.

But before his sword could touch the slime, the slime vanished. Suddenly his spiritual sense noticed a new and familiar presence a few meters east of his position.

Knowing the slime could teleport when it is in danger, Izumi asked his master's help.

“Master, can you try to stop that spirit beast in one place or predict the next place it teleports?”

Tang Yuehua instead grinned and said, “You are my good luck charm Hong'er! We will attack together this time and don't worry that the spirit beast won't be able to teleport this time.”

Not knowing why she found good luck in him, Izumi once more dashed towards the position of the slime. 

Looking at the camouflaged slime hiding in one of the branches of the trees, he jumped and skillfully used his soul power to walk on the tree and slashed his sword in full concentration.

Just when Izumi saw his sword touch the slime, he saw the slime blur a little, but then suddenly a palm caught the slime stopping it from blurring. In one slash the sword entered the slime's body and destroyed its core. 

Tang Yuehua was surprised at her disciple's sword skills. Not only did he manage to destroy the core floating inside the spirit beast's body precisely, but he was also able to stop his slash after destroying the core. If the slash had continued her palm which held the spirit beast would have gotten hurt.

But she was not a Spirit Emperor of 70th rank for nothing, she was ready to release the slime after the core was destroyed, and even if the slash continued on her palm she was sure that there would have been only a small scratch on her spirit power coated hand.

Looking at the care of her disciple for her, she felt a strong need to protect him from harmful hands. A grin formed on her face as she looked at the small spirit beast she caught in her other hand. The spirit beast was a worm glowing in blue and green colour and was hidden above the slime's head covered with space folds.

When her disciple's sword slashed on slime, she used one hand which was coated with spirit power to catch the hidden worm-type spirit beast while another hand coated with spirit power to hold the slime in its position.

“My Hong'er is really talented. Knowing so well to control soul power and such precise sword skills. Just how many surprises do you hold for your master?”

Looking at her small smile and listening to her praises, Izumi said with a little embarrassment “Well, me and my sister used to play a lot with soul power by trying to control and flow through different things in the orphanage. And I don't think I'm that talented in swords because I just got to use a sword due to my martial spirit.”

After seeing the sword skills of Xia Qingyue, Izumi knew that he was not even near her level. Just the amount of time he was defeated in the sword spar of wooden sticks was one of the things Xia Qingyue was proud of.

Tang Yuehua just smiled sweetly with twinkled eyes at her disciple's red face due to her praise. But his modest reply left her a little speechless.

“Absorb your spirit ring while I protect you. After that, we will go back to the town to rest a little.” She said calmly.

She knew that sometimes martial spirit guides its master to a spirit beast which might help in a possibility of a strong spirit ability or even second evolution even if the ring is fewer years than the limit of the spirit master.

So when Izumi started to absorb the white ring as she had informed him before coming here, she didn't feel disappointed when he absorbed a ten-year-old spirit beast instead of a hundred years old spirit beast.

After making a little isolation ring around her disciple to avoid any distribution while he is absorbing his first spirit ring, she looked carefully at the worm which was trying to escape from her grip by some space ability. 

Poor worm. Her Wishful Ring's fifth spirit ability helped her seal anything for a certain amount of spirit power. So sealing the space of a fist size around the worm and trading it was a piece of cake for her.

After her disciple has absorbed his spirit ring, she will also kill the worm and start to absorb the spirit ring when they reach the previous town where a few of her subordinates will protect her while she absorbs the ring.

While Tang Yuehua was thinking about which type of spirit ability she will gain from the space worm spirit beast, Izumi was facing an unexpected thing inside his Sea of Consciousness due to his Phoenix martial spirit.

When Izumi absorbed the white spirit ring and attached it to his second martial spirit. He found himself in his adult form inside his Sea of Consciousness.

Floating on the clouds above his Hanging Gardens of Babylon, he found his white spirit ring covered in the flames of his Phoenix martial spirit.

Izumi intended to join red or divine spirit rings to his Phoenix martial spirit in the future after joining all ten rings to his unknown black sword martial spirit. So that already his god-level martial spirit will gain overpowered spirit abilities.

He tried to probe the burning white ring a little with his spiritual power. But instead, the flames increased while his spiritual power sucked inside like a black hole. 

Half of his reserve of spiritual power was sucked up to complete the process of burning the white spirit ring. And now in front of him was a white spirit ring with little tints of red and orange colour around it. 

But what surprised him most was the blue-green slime cutely floating above the spirit ring. 

Confused a little at the new place it was, the slime recognized Izumi as its Master when he found a spiritual link connected between them. Without caring about the high height it was floating, it jumped on Izumi and placed itself on his head.

Izumi was shocked for a minute but when he found weight on his head, he smiled wryly.

“Just how many secrets does this Phoenix spirit of mine hold?”

Collecting all his thoughts, he at least knew that whenever he gains a spirit ring his first martial spirit will baptize it and reborn the spirit beast he had slayed to gain the spirit ring.

He sighed in relief when he noticed that the slime only required a little spiritual power as its food to survive which was doable for him. 

“Okay listen little spirit of mine, you will stay in that floating castle and won't roam away. I will come back after a few hours to check on you and give you a name.”

The slime understood his master's intentions through the spiritual connection between them and just looked at him weirdly. Why will it roam when it can just sleep and laze in that floating castle? 

Izumi's lips twitched a little at the intention of the slime. Knowing well he could get answers from Emerald, he returned outside to check on his second martial spirit.

Sure enough, he was once more surprised to see the new form of his second martial spirit while he felt satisfied to know the spirit ability of his white spirit ring.

.

.

*** 

.

.


A/N: Thanks @Rico for becoming the first person to properly criticize my fanfic and pointing out my mistakes.

4