Chapter 1: Prologue(2)
45 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Prologue(2)

The sun was bright, Chen was ready to open the door to his dishevelled 'Heaven'. He began walking up to his accommodation until his last couple of steps, as he came closer and closer he thought to himself,

"Hehe, are my roommates women? Men? I hope it's men... Hah I'm just kidding, anyways I wonder if I will get any benefits? Back in 'Ling Clan' we used to get monthly Heaven Pills at the distribution centre... Never mind, let's not talk about. I hope there's a library, I love books!"

After the dedicated speech, he began to head for the door, every step rose his heartbeat, with every pulse exciting him more and more, until he finally reached the door, and there it was... Nothing?... The whole dorm was isolated like debris, Chen was quick to think and he quickly ran and checked every door, yet there was still no one.

"What's happening? Aren't I supposed to have roommates? Did Patriarch Sun lie? No, he wouldn't do that.. Hmm, maybe they're not home? It doesn't matter, let's just check my room." Said Chen with curiosity

He began to curiously wonder through each room to find his assigned room number, every minute he dreaded. Then he finally found his room,

 

ROOM: 5

 

Chen waited a couple moments staring at the wall, then finally opened the door. With the opening he saw... No bed? There was but a sleeping mat. Was Patriarch Sun a fraud? Did he scam Chen? With the wonderous opening came a flood of thoughts from Chen,

"did I get scammed? Is Patriarch a fraud? Uhm... Never mind, I should be happy enough I even have my own room, I guess I know what the patriarch meant now when he said,"

"What you get depends on your own ability, remember we have the task hall besides the main training centre!"

Chen's wisdom began to progress as he recalled the thought, but he decided that he would go into isolated cultivation for around three days since he had not cultivated in a long time. After a few moments, he got necessities prepared but then he forgot that he didn't have any pills which would certainly help him progress faster and further. So he decided he would go to the shop the following day.

The Day After

Chen finally woke up early in the morning since he needed to get prepared for his journey to the shop, therefore he put on his clothes and got ready. Chen was walking  minding as his own business when he bumped into a strange woman, 

"Hey, watch where you're going. People such as you don't deserve to be in my sight, now get away weakling." Yelled the arrogant woman at Chen Ling.

"Who do you think you're talking to? Although I may be of the lowest of the lowest now, I don't look as ugly as you!.." Responded Chen trying to hold back his laugh.

"Gurr, do you know who I am? You peasant, watch who you speak to." Said the woman as a group of hidden men came behind her men who looked like warriors ready to battle.

"WHO do you think you are talking to the young lady like that? Peasants such as yourself should be begging to even be in her sight." Yelled the group of men as they brought out swords and daggers behind their backs.

"W-wait I don't want to figh-" Responded Chen before he got cut off in the heat of the moment.

The multiple men were about to fight Chen as he noticed there was a strange aura on their weapons, it seemed to be slightly purple yet vibrant, and he instantly knew who they were. They were thugs, and in a big group at that.

Chen had no weapons on him so in desperation he brought out his hands and was going to show them his might. The men split up into three directions, the man on the left had a dagger while the others were hidden beneath Chen's shadows. When Chen grasped his eyes for a moment, the thug immediately shot his dagger directing it at Chen's chest, but he was able to defend with a nearby wood piece, and the wood piece got split in half.

As soon as the unknown man on the left failed, his accomplice directed to his right immediately stroked his ominous sword at Chen's left leg. Abruptly, Chen still had two of the broken wood pieces in his hands, so he was able to fend off with the wood even after they resisted. This time Chen was prepared so at the moment he counterattacked with the leftover wood and aimed the sharp part at the man hiding in the middle ready to strike.

But this time, the man seemed to be more vibrant as his aura seemed to deepen. Chen thought he had won thinking,

"Hah, I've won, the man is cornered. It seems there is nothing he can do to counterattack since his fellow teammates are on the floor, crying in pain!"

Suddenly, the man brought out a second weapon from his right arm and now it was basically two swords versus one piece of wood, but Chen has always been prepared for unexpected outcomes such as these, and so he quickly leaped upon the crumbled, brown, wood piece over the man's head... And ran...

Even back in the 'Ling Clan', Chen was quite well known for thinking further ahead and giving up with ease when he was outnumbered or his opponents were stronger. 

Many people saw Chen running with all his might and a group of men chasing him, many laughed while others ignored. Chen kept running and running until he finally saw a place where there was buildings and he could potentially hide there. He saw multiple mini-stores selling multiple items he needed for his cultivation on his way, many including demonic pills; but he had no time for that. So Chen quickly found the most populated and large building compared to the others available and found a good spot he could hide at and it was supposedly called, 'The Auction'. The men were quick to catch on to his scheme but they did not know that Chen had actually prepared a big trap for them, what was the trap you may ask? The trap was actually just him hiding behind a group of strong muscular men... But that just brought more and more suffering.... 
0