Chapter 2: The Auction
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: The Auction

Chen was hidden behind a group of men he randomly found while he was looking for a safe position to hide, of course the people chasing him would be scared, or at least that's what he thought?

Before entering the captivating corner leading to Chen, they examined the area to make sure it was safe and clear, but as soon as the men chasing Chen revolved around the sharp corner of the building, they noticed that the group of men in front of Chen were at least in 'Blood Condensation'. They were too powerful, so after thinking for a while, they threatened him by saying.

"Hey, kiddo, you may be able to hide for now, but you'll never be safe in the Sect again, I suggest you give up and turn yourself in."

After seeing Chen wasn't changing his mind, they decided to give up.

After a while, when Chen was sure that the men chasing him were gone, he sprinted across multiple shops in hopes of finding a 'Qi Pill', these are one of the weakest Pills, but that was all he could afford at the moment.

Chen saw many stores, he tried bargaining with one of them.

"Hey would you be willing to take 20 low-grade Spirit Stones for one Qi Condensation Pill?"

"No way... One Pill by itself is cost 50 of those Spirit Stones at the very least! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH YOUR SCAMS!" Responded the owner while yelling!

"Geez, fine. But remember, in the future you BETTER not come to me!" Imparted Chen.

Spirit Stones are the currency used instead of money, Cultivators pay with Spirit Stones because they can be used to strengthen your 'Energy Core'. The Energy Core is the main source where your aura is supplied from, it is often remarked as the Cultivators heart.

Spirit Stones are split into three grades, 

Low-Grade |

Middle-Grade |

High-Grade |

That's the limit of normal stones, 'Void' and 'Immortal' or 'Magic' stones can reach a much higher grade, but they are said to be only available in the Underworld or Black-market.

Chen finally decided to go to an area where there would be random items that could be either a scam, or a JACKPOT! Chen was quite accustomed to rare items that could be sold for quite a lot in the Auction, after all he would always hang around the Appraisers back in the Ling Clan.

Chen found a spot where many people were looking for high quality items, but only one store caught his attention. The store only had a old man who was snorting because no one was buying anything for him, and so Chen thought.

"Hmm, this man seems rather interesting. Let's see if he has any items worth the while so I can sell it at the auction and make a bunch of Spirit Stones."

Chen was surprised from the many items that were available,

"is this man a scammer? If he wasn't I'm sure many people would've bought from him... Hmm. I'm sure these item's qualities are just as good as the ones as the Uncles in the Ling Clan showed me, let's just risk it." Thought Chen with curiosity.

"Hey Grandpa, wake up. I want to buy one of your items!..." Yelled Chen with no shame.

"Ahh, what do you want?" Snorted the old man.

"I SAID, I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING FROM YOU!" Shouted back Chen.

 "Oh, I see young man. I'd suggest you buy this." Responded the old man as he pointed at an ominous item.

The item was quite interesting, it seemed to be green and looked like an Emerald. It seemed to be in good care as well but there appeared to be a half of it missing.

"Hey, what is this old man?" Asked Chen.

"FIRST OF ALL, I'M NOT AN OLD MAN, and secondly you don't need to know. I'm assuming you're going to the Auction, correct? Then just sell this and you'll be full of riches." Dispersed the man.

"Fine, let me buy it. I have nothing to lose anyways, I might as well aim for a Jackpot." Responded Chen with a sigh.

Chen bought the seemingly interesting Emerald that appeared to be split in half. In total it was 20 Spirit Stones.

"WHAT! 20 SPIRIT STONES FOR THIS?! YOU SCAMMER!" Yelled Chen.

"Calm down, do you want to buy it or not? Your choice, not mine." Responded the omniscient old man.

"Great, alright fine. I'll buy your stupid thing, BUT give me one more item for free since I'm buying this!" Bargained Chen with a smirk.

"You fraud.. Fine, you can have this. It can save you in the future so you better have it on you at all times." Responded the unsurprised elder.

The omniscient man pointed at a scroll, it seemed to be empty but Chen felt Goosebumps. It felt as if someone was watching him, as if he could never be alone. 

"Alright, that's better than nothing." Responded Chen.

After the short encounter Chen decided he would head home and prepare for the Auction that would occur at night. After a short span of time Chen was back at the place where he originally confronted those thugs. He thought with curiosity,

"I wonder who they were? The lady seemed to be of high status. Maybe a big Clan? Who knows... So much has happened today that I am yet to believe. Tch, let's just go back to my room. I wonder if my roommates are back yet?"

With that wonderful speech, Chen went on his way home. After around 15-25 minutes Chen finally arrived back to his Heaven. Like Chen expected, there was still no one there. It felt as if the room was deserted for a reason, maybe an accident occurred? After a couple of moments Chen went to his room to do a couple of hours of cultivation in hopes of reaching possible enlightenment.

Enlightenment is when one reaches an advancement in wisdom, this both advances their Energy Core and cultivation level, it's quite important Cultivators try to reach this stage. Reaching enlightenment is quite hard as you have to receive knowledge from masters who have lived a long life or experience something new in life.

0