16- Turry Woods-1
613 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go then. I don't want to waste any more time here doing nothing.”

On my remark, Maria took out a small marble and extended her hand towards me, “Your highness, this will teleport us to a carriage outside the castle to avoid commotion and for our disguise as normal adventurers.”

I held her hand and the next we were in an alley with a carriage waiting for us at its end.

“Your highness, this is a magical item to change your physical appearance.” She said and gave me a necklace

I wore it and soon my hair color, my eye color, and some facial features changed. There was nothing I could do to modify or change it, I think the change was pre-determined.

I was a little impressed by Maria by her thorough preparations on my command but there was the problem of names, we must not use our real names outside.

“Maria, from now on you are my partner Bella and I am Abel, OK?”

“Yes, Abel” she said without hesitation or anything

‘She must have done many operations while in disguise, she’s a natural’ I thought seeing her reaction

With all the things settled we entered the carriage and she ordered the coachman.

While riding inside the carriage I closed my eyes and started to sort out all the Magic Skills I learned with the help of Lily, she explained every detail and how to use them.

After some time I opened my eyes and Maria was still sitting on the opposite seat with the same expressionless face and tight posture.

“Bella, loosen up a little we are not on an official mission. You are accompanying me to the Turry Woods, that’s all.” I said

“I’m sorry if I offended you Abel, but this is still a mission for me.” She said in a respectful tone

“Do you have a family Bella?” I asked to know more about this companion of mine

“No, Abel. Every one of my colleagues is an orphan to avoid any misfortunate incident. So we consider ourselves a big family serving the ones who gave us a place to call home.”

So in short, all Nightsword members are orphans, and the royal family recruited those to gain unshakable loyalty.

After some chatting, she started to loosen up a bit and we talked till the carriage stopped moving and the coachman spoke, “Sir, we arrived at the location”

I glanced outside the carriage and the sun was about to set it was astounding how time flies while talking with someone.

I stepped out of the carriage first and observed the surroundings with 'Omni-Sense'[-20MP].

It was a small town with many adventurers roaming, and the building in front of me was an inn.

I looked at ‘Bella’ for an explanation and she understood my intentions.

“Abel, Turry Woods was quite far from our residence so I made preparations for us to stay here in Belden, we can head out tomorrow morning.”

I nodded and she entered the inn first to arrange for a room. After some time she returned with a key.

I then followed her and arrived inside our room, I looked around, it was a normal room with a single bed and some basic furniture.

‘It’s all nice and good but why only one bed?’ I asked myself

It was like Maria read my mind she clarified “To avoid any unwanted attention I booked a normal room that an adventurer takes.”

It was very logical reasoning and I should have done the same if were in her place. But there was still a question left

“Where would you sleep then?” I asked without showing my inner thoughts

“Abel, you don’t need to worry about me.”

“You are my companion right now, are you not? So how could you expect me not to worry about you?” I asked with a frown

“I am…” She said in a weak voice looking downwards

With her answer, I used the storage ring my mother gave me to place one more bed beside it for her.

“Now, would you mind sleeping here?” I asked

“Then I will take you up on your offer.”

Right now, it was nothing serious, but I’ll make sure to develop my relationship with her.

---

Patrons: Alcides Vizcarra Vázquez

13