21- Meeting a God
308 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First, allow me to sincerely apologize to all my readers for neglecting my duty as an author to write continuously or inform you guys.

There was a reason I was not actively writing the story further; I didn’t have a proper structure of the story as to what is going to happen next, I was just writing whatever came to my mind.

There were also some other matters like my health issues and university exams and whatnot. And from here on out I shall try my best to give at least one chapter daily.

+++++++

“Good, protect me for some time wil-” I was still speaking to her when my vision got dark, and I fell unconscious.

…..

There was bizarre scene in front of my eyes, there were bones, traces of destruction and I think there was...fire? everywhere, but the fire was of black color.

‘Where am I?’ I thought inwardly.

‘What is this place?’

I was not sure what happened to me, I was in my thoughts when a voice sounded in my ears.

[So Raj, what is the last thing you remember?]

“How do you know my name?”

I moved my head from side to side to find the source of the voice, but there was nothing I could see other than all the destruction and bones of various kinds in my vicinity.

[No need to worry, I won’t hurt you. So, tell me, what is the last thing you remember?]

The voice asked me again the same question, this time I decided to answer it.

After a sec or two of gathering my memories that I could, I spoke.

“I think I was on my way to the States for an international treaty.”

[Alright, before we discuss anything further; what would you do if someone was betrayed?]

“No, first tell me who are you? And where am I?” I asked.

[I will answer all your questions but before that answer me.]

I don’t know why but I was having a feeling that I should answer him, so I said,

“uhh…I don’t think betrayal is something new in this world. Everyone will betray if there is a good enough reason for that.”

[Don’t give me diplomatic answer Raj. Tell me what would you do if someone got betrayed? And this is your last chance, give an honest answer.]

“Why would I care if someone got betrayed or not? It’s not like I was affected by that and if possible, I would try to gain as much benefit as possible during that time.”

[in short, you won’t feel a thing, yes?]

“Pretty much, yeah”

[Now you will have some of your memories I blocked off.]

“hey what do yo-“

Before I finished, I felt like a large amount of information being sent to my brain. There was slight discomfort at first but that didn’t last long.

“What was that?”, I asked with a frown on my face.

[These are your memories, Raj.]

It can’t be. If these are my memories, why was acting like that. When I got to know the conspiracy and betrayal that Robert faced, why did I get angry and why was I having feeling towards a woman I met for the first time as if she was my mother.

And before all that is that even possible for someone to just accept the fact that they got transmigrated and have a system.

No, obviously not. And in those memories not even once I thought of my family-my father, my mother, my wife and my unborn baby.

[I know you are very confused right now. So, allow me to answer some of your questions.]

There appeared a humanoid figure in front of made of black flames.

I still don’t know what is going on. But I must act confidant and get as many answers as possible. And I still don’t the identity of this person or whatever this thing is I am talking to.

[I must say, you are quite skilled in hiding your emotions. All this time you are thinking about various things yet there’s not a single reaction on your face.]

!!!?

He can hear my thoughts!?

[Oh, I can do much more than that. remember earlier I sealed a portion of your memories.]

“Then, I suppose there’s no need for thinking too much.”

“Tell me, where am I?” I asked my first question, that was bugging me from the start of this conversation.

[You can say you are in my personal space or in other words my {Soul Space}.]

“I don’t know anything about that, but i think I’m in your custody or something like that.”

[Yes, you can say that.]

“Who are you? And how are you able to read my thoughts and alter my memories. Is this some kind of new technology?”

[I think you still don’t believe the memories you received.]

“How can I? it’s all fiction I read in some novels, and you expect me to believe something this crazy.”

[that’s a little problematic. Hmm, why don’t we have a soul connection? By that you will be able to know if I am saying the truth or not instinctively. How about that?]

“I think it should work so long as I know you are not trying to deceive me.”

The humanoid figure moved his hands in some pattern and there was a circle formed in front of me before some kind of light went inside my head. Soon, I felt some kind of connection to the figure standing before me.

[ask me something.]

“Did I really die?”

[Not completely, your soul was transferred from your body to Robert’s]

I had a feeling that whatever the figure said was true from deep within me.

“So, everything in my memory is real, magic, my behavior and the system?”

[Yes]

Again, I was hit by the same feeling.

“Who are you, some kind of god?” I asked in a joking manner.

[Yes, you can say that.]

My smile froze after hearing his reply.

“Care to elaborate on that part?”

[You see, there no natural gods you read in the myths on earth. We are but very strong individuals which were gifted with certain powers by the universe.]

[for example, I received the power of destruction and authority over death.]

“So, what’s your title?”

[You may call me, The Lord of Death and Destruction]

“Lord? Like the name of my system-Harem Lord System?”

[Yes, you were gifted with the power of Harem Lord.]

“You are saying that I’m a god now?”

[No, you are not. Not right now, that is.]

“You are saying that I received the power from universe, but I am not strong enough to be considered as a God.”

[You are quick to catch.]

“Now the most important question, why did all this happen to me? There are no freebies in this world, what’s the catch?” I asked with a smile on my face.

[You know, your intelligence and the ability to compose in every situation is really something.]

“Thanks for compliments now answer my question.”

[But before I tell you about the reality behind your transmigration and what happened on earth after you died, there’s something you need to choose.]

[Whether you want to receive Robert’s memories or not?]

“What’s the price I need to pay for that?” I asked, I was having a bad feeling about this.

[You will lose yourself.]

“WHAT THE HELL???”

4