24- Zone and A Promise to Myself
213 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good, I want to do something similar, know any good place?” I asked

“Yes, there are many zones in the middle of the Turry Woods, Your Highness.”

I think I need to take a visit there to clear my mind today.

Now I was standing in the middle of Turry Woods where I should be able to find Zones(according to Maria). But in my sight there are only, how should I describe them?, portals maybe?

All portals are of green color and one among them is of red color.

I turned towards Maria,

“I assume these are the ‘Zones’ you were talking about.”

“Yes, Your Highness”, she replied instantly, like it was something obvious

I’m not gonna enter into one of those things without know anything about them.

“Tell me everything you know about them.”

For a second she looked at me as if I was some kind of fool.

I was about to yell, ‘I am not of this world and from where I come from there is something called “Science”, you fucking bastards. There people don’t just conjure fire from there bare hands.’, but I held it in.

I ignored her look and waited for my answer, so that I can go and steam off a little.

“By the contract with Dragons, your predecessors or you can say previous kings gained some kind of enlightenment and dragon’s magical prowess and efficiency.

These Zones are an example of that. Even the beasts you faced so far in the woods are example of that.”

I interjected, “Just tell me, is there any problem if enter one of those?”

“No, Your Highness”

I am not in the mood to have a history lecture right now.

I randomly chose one green ‘Zone’ and headed towards it.

“Wait here until I return” I ordered Maria before entering the Zone.

‘Lily, don’t disturb me for a little while’

Upon entering, I felt a little nauseous while everything turned white around me and when everything returned normal I was in a … cave? Or something like that.

Is it like one of those classic dungeons I read about? Like I search for monsters and kill the boss monster?

To confirm my theory, I activated my skill,

'Map'[-20MP]

And I got a map of my surroundings.

‘Fuck, I wanted to just go on a killing spree’, yes it was a dungeon after all.

I started running towards the direction of monsters.

After running for a while I reached my destination, I saw Ogres, and without wasting any time I summoned a sword from my storage ring and started swinging the thing around.

*slash slash slash*

*thud thud thud*

I just continued slashing at their necks beheading them and their necks falling on the ground.

After killing all of them, I noticed something unusual about them.

They did not disappear. Yes, their bodies were still there.

‘Whatever, I will ask Maria about it.’, I shrugged it off for now and continued my journey to the Boss Room.

After about four hours, I was standing in front of a door, a very big door. It was about 30 meter tall; I think?

Thanks to the [Life Essence] Skill my injuries were healed and my stamina was also recovered. I had also destroyed two swords so far and the third one was in my hands, barely in one piece.

AN: not every Ogre was weak, some fought head-on with MC, making his sword loose its durability.

This time I summoned a great sword from the storage ring and pushed forth the door.

*Crrreeeaaak*

This gate is like of a haunted house.

The scene I entered my sight as I entered the room made me grin in excitement, ‘That’s what I’m talking about’.

The inside was like a big, very big room filled with ogres of all colors looking in my direction with hungry looks.

I slashed and slashed without any care killing more and more ogres.

Sometimes I received attacks from my back but I didn’t stop I was not caring about my body one bit. I was reckless maybe a fool acting like this. And yes, this was insanity.

When people act on impulse they tend to harm themselves and that’s what I was doing right now. I was angry, sad and lost. Yes, lost.

Lost because I don’t know what I am going to do. How the hell am I supposed to kill a being that has the power to be called a god?

Sad because I lost my family, my loved ones. The family I wanted to give a life where they can do and have anything they want.

Angry at the being who is behind all this.

And frustrated because it was not enough. All the things I went through all that I suffered was not enough.

I was a mess right now; you can say I was having a breakdown right now.

Everyone has his own way to deal with problems. This was my way to deal with my emotions.

I continued killing the ogres without caring about anything. Maybe inwardly I wanted to die.

*huff huff*

After killing every last one of them, I sat on a mountain of bodies out of breath blood dripping from my face.

“I was nothing compared to you and still I’m not strong enough to go against you. But mark my words, I will kill you.”

“I will kill you for sure, Aluxio!”

I was teleported back to the entrance of the Zone I entered and the Zone turned Black.

3