Chapter 1
401 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know, the other side of life is not so bad. I thought that I would be transferred into hell or something like a bright white space but nope. After I get stabbed by that lunatic girlfriend of mine, I arrive at this place.

What kind of place is this, you may ask. Well, space. As in the infinite space above the sky.

I can see infinite darkness around me, but in that endless darkness, I can see an unlimited amount of stars, and I can even see the Milky Way galaxy.

It was beautiful and scary at the same time. There are many things that humans are afraid of, and the top two of them are the unknown and fear itself.

The darkness makes me a little bit afraid, but after staying here for who knows how long, I have already gotten used to it, and I enjoy the peace. Of course, it also helps that the stars around me are gorgeous.

"Why thank you."

I look at my back and see a humanoid floating behind me. It takes the shape of a giant man, but his entire body is filled with nothing but an ever-changing color. It was like seeing a galaxy up close.

It was beautiful but weird at the same time.

"Hmmm, thank you I guess."

Can he read my mind?

"Read your soul. You did not have any brain to read. I can read your soul just like an open book."

Ah, I see. That is cool.

"You don't freak out? You don't want to shout at me to get you back to Earth?"

Why? I am already dead, and I already accept it.

"That is new. Usually, humans will shout and demand that I put them back on Earth. You are the first one accepting your death."

Does that mean there are a lot of people coming to this place after they die?

"Not really no but there is at least one human soul stranded in this place every five years or so."

And they are a cunt.

"That is another way to describe them, yes."

So what happened now?

"Well… I have two options for you. The first one, you will be given to the Gods in the Earth just like the other or you can work for me."

What happens when you give me back to the Gods on Earth?

"Well, they will do their usual thing Judging you and then place you in either Hell or Heaven before sending you back to the river of reincarnation."

Humans get reincarnated, huh?

"Oh, yes. Heaven and Hell will overflow from the number of humans if they stay there all the time. No, they reincarnate and occasionally create a new soul because they are bored. Because of this, there are a lot of humans that experience some sort of Hyper luck and Hyper bad luck."

I see. That is such a mess up.

"Well, that is the rule of the world, Ryan. The strong rule the world and the weak become the pawn. Before you say something, that happens in your so-called modern era. Power can take many forms, financial power, physical power, and even social power."

That is true.

"Yup. You have the power, you rule the weak."

… What about the second option? What kind of work do I involve in?

"I need you to help me take care of many worlds around the omniverse."

What kind of god are you?

"Me? I will not call myself a God. I did not create just like the other God. My job is to take care of the one the Almighty created in the long past."

The Almighty?

"You can call him the creator. He is the one who creates this entire WORLD and I mean the entire world that includes all Multiverse, Omniverse, and Universe. He did not create the creature inside the planet but he created space and time."

I see, and you are the one taking care of them all?

"No. Goodness no. There are too many of them to take care of. Lucky for me, I have countless brothers and sisters to help me take care of the omniverse."

Then why do you need me? I'm just a small little mortal.

"Ah, you see. Our kind cannot get involved in a smaller part of the world. We cannot get involved in a mess that is only on one planet or two. We can only interfere when it is a mess that threatens the Galaxy or one bubble of the universe."

Why?

"Let's just say that a planet cannot handle our power and if we try to get involved, it will explode and create more problems."

Ah, I see.

"That is why we create what you call a god and let them take care of the problem on one planet. Sadly, sometimes they are the one causing a problem and because of this, they need to be purged before they can cause more problems to the other planet or even universe."

Purge? Does that mean you decide to kill them all?

"And the planet. Remember that once we use our power on one planet, it cannot handle it and explode. So I need to rebuild the planet and make sure it has enough things to make it inhabitable for things to evolve."

You can do that every time there is a problem. That sounds easier than letting the other take care of your problem.

"That sounds easy but remember that I am taking care of the omniverse with a lot of multiverse inside it. It takes a lot of power to do that every time something wrong is happening and that happens a lot. Your job is to prevent something from happening that can cause the planet to blow or the problem spreading to the other planet."

How? As I said before, I'm just an average human.

"That is true and because of that, I decided to give you some gifts."

What kind of gift?

"You will know about them later. Don't worry, this gift will help you get stronger and complete the mission given to you by me. How is it? Do you want to work for me?"

Hmmm… Can I retire after working for you?

"Of course! You can retire after finishing at least one mission from me. I will be grateful if you decide to keep working for me but I will not hold you back. What can I offer is an adventure for you and power that can stay in you forever. However, for every adventure there will be danger, that is why I give you a gift."

I see. Speaking of gifts, this gift will not let me grow stronger in an instant, will it?

"No. It will not. It will give you access to become a powerful person but not in an instant. How is it?"

That is good enough. I accept your offer. I will work for you from now on, boss.

"Good! Also, you can call me Trok. You can't pronounce my name with your mortal tongue but Trok should be good enough."

Then I will be in your care from now on, Trok.

The next thing I know, a rainbow color surrounds me before suddenly I appear in the middle of a grassland. I shake my head and look around me. As I get up from the ground, a blue panel appears in front of me.

Hello, Ryan! It is me, Trok. This will be your gift, a gamer system. You already know about this from playing many RPG games in the past, but it was somewhat different than the one in the games. This system did not have any stats in it. This system only lets you have Skills and Perks that you can earn, which makes this system different from the other games. This system does not let you change your stats using points, but it can let you learn skills and other things at a faster pace. Not only that, you can buy it inside a shop that you can access. Of course, your shop has certain limitations, but it can grow. You will know about it when you decide to stay working with me. Anyway, just like in the game, you can access an inventory. Just say it out loud or mentally. That is all. You should explore your gift yourself. Ah, I also gave you some starting equipment inside your inventory.

What was that? What was the last one? I will know it if I stay working with him, huh? Now I'm curious.

I shake my head and open up my inventory. A second later, I can see a pitch-black portal appear in front of me. I put my hand inside, and immediately I knew what was inside the portal. There are a couple of pairs of clothes, leather armor, a sword, and a pouch filled with two hundred gold coins.

I take out the leather armor and wear it, then take out the sword from the inventory. Finally, I remove the sword from its sheath and swing it around for a few seconds.

"That is good. I don't know if this is a good sword or not but it was not too light but not too heavy either."

I put the sword back on its sheath before putting it in my belt.

"Now… shop"

After I said that, a blue panel appeared in front of me once again, but this time it was different. I can see a search button, and a keyboard appears in front of me when I click it. I type a sword, and an option appears in front of me.

Pick the world
Suikoden (Current)

I look at the current world and can only sigh. I'm in the Suikoden world, where monsters run around the world, and people try to kill each other for power. Well, at least it was just like Earth, plus the monster.

11