Chapter 7
111 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck off!"

I stab the boar in front of me and then jump away from another attack from the other wild boar who is dashing toward me. When I land on the ground, I take out my sword from the boar's corpse and wait for the monster to charge at me again.

When the boar dashes toward me, I quickly dodge to the right and thrust my sword forward. My sword pierces through the monster's hide, and I plant my feet on the ground as I feel the boar thrashing around for a few seconds before falling to the ground, dead.

"Urgh. My body hurts."

Most of the monsters in this forest are boars and one-meter-tall armadillos. While I did not have any wounds, I had a lot of bruises. I really need to buy some armor.

I sit down under the tree and take out a basket of fresh bread from my inventory. I take a bite of the bread and enjoy the taste of the pastry of this world. It might not be as fluffy as the one on Earth, but it was still tasty.

Hell, I even like more of this world's bread than the one on Earth.

Other than bread, I also take out stew I bought from the nearby tavern and some fresh fruit. Then, I look at the sky and see that the sun is about to set. That means the effect of the potion is about to disappear.

I eat the bread and open up my stats.

|Name: Ryan Ferdinand|

|Shop Points: 4237|

Name Ryan Ferdinand
Shop Points 4237

I have a good amount of points to use, but it was less than what I should have if I did not buy all these potions. I open up a shop and search for some armor. I grimace a little when I see the cheapest armor I really like is in the three thousand points.

Even then, it was just a piece of armor. It was a chest armor instead of the whole set. I need to buy the other separately.

I shake my head and decide not to buy armor at the moment. I go to the weapon section and check if there is a sword I like. I need more swords than armor at the moment. The beating I got is training for my body as well to make it tougher.

After searching for a few seconds, I finally found something.

Wind Rune Sword 4000 Shop Points
A sword made of a shard of Wind Rune. It grants the user the attribute of a Wind Rune. This sword is exceptionally sharp and durable fo a sword that looks like glass. Not only that, this sword lets you get faster the more you swing it. However, if you stop for a certain amount of time, it will reset.
Buy? Y/N

This sword is good. Sadly, I cannot use this sword for my daily quest because it specifically said that I could only swing my beginner sword. Well, you win some, you lose some. I press the buy button and feel a sword appear inside my inventory.

I take out the sword from my inventory and look at it. It was a greatsword with a light green blade, and on it was a carving of some sort of pattern. It was heavy, but as I swung it a couple of times, I could feel it getting lighter and lighter.

I stop a second and feel the sword get heavier once again. Let's test this. I ate all the food and got up from the ground. Let's continue the hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The marching of a soldier can be heard approaching the forest. It was a royal knight, and the one leading them was Kyle, one of the members of Queen's Knight, the elite of the elite.

Kyle is a handsome young man with blond hair and blue eyes. He is currently leading the knights to the forest to the south of Sol-Falena after they hear about the monster outbreak. Usually, a Queen's Knight does not need to join this expedition, but Kyle decides to volunteer for this expedition because he is bored.

He expected a rush of monsters coming at them, but so far, they did not encounter a single monster.

While walking deeper into the forest, Kyle suddenly raises his hand and says,

"Stop."

He kneels and touches the ground with his hand. It was a small pool of blood that started to dry.

"Blood. Almost dry. There was a fight in this area not too long ago."

Kyle looks around for a few seconds before noticing a trail of blood.

"Come on."

They follow the trail of blood for a minute before they arrive in a clearing where they see a man fighting against a pack of thirty or so wolves. This man is Ryan, and currently, he is struggling to fight against the pack of wolves.

His body is full of bite marks from the wolf; some are even deep enough to show his bone.

He takes out a potion from his inventory with one of his hands and gulps it all down before swinging his sword at the wolves. When he fights his enemy, the buff he gets from his sword has a limit.

It did not continue to grow as he thought it would.

Seeing Ryan struggling to fight, Kyle looks at his men and says.

"What are you waiting for?! Helping him! Quick!"

At his command, the knights start to move and help Ryan against the pack of wolves. With the help of the knights, the fight did not last more than two minutes, and Kyle arrived next to Ryan.

"Are you okay, friend?"

"I-I'm fine. Thank you for your help."

"No problem. Let me help you."

Kyle's hand shines a little, and Ryan's body starts to shine a second later. After a few seconds, all the wounds on his body are gone. This is the power of Water Rune, the primary rune of healing in this world. There is only one thing it cannot heal; disease.

"And done."

"Thank you."

Kyle nods his head and orders his men to harvest the corpse for them to sell. All the knights of Sol-Falena know how to skin and butcher many monsters they fought.

"Now, can you tell me the reason why you are here?"

Ryan nods his head and says.

"I came here after hearing there are a lot of monsters spawning in this area. So I decided to come here to fight them off or at least hold them back for you guys to arrive."

Ryan ignores the ping he gets from his notification, saying that he successfully bullshits his way out.

"I see. You did not need to do that, you know? We will take care of it. You did not need to put yourself in danger."

Ryan shakes his head and says.

"I cannot do that. There is a village nearby and I cannot allow the monster to arrive in the village. There is not a single knight or soldier in there. There will be a massacre."

"There is not a single soldier in there?"

"No."

When Ryan visits that village to buy more food, there is not a single soldier or knight in the village. His main objective was to hunt, but he did not mind helping people in need. He is not a heartless man.

"I see. This is troubling."

Kyle rubs his chin and sighs a little.

"I need to report this to her highness." Kyle then looks at Ryan. "Thank you for protecting the villager…. Errr what's your name again?"

"Ryan. Ryan Ferdinand."

"Ryan, right. Anyway, thanks for the help, Ryan. We will take care of this problem right away."

After saying that, Kyle tells his men to move out, and coming with them is the loot from the monster on the ground.

Seeing only bone and blood on the ground, Ryan can only sigh.

"And they take away my loot. Great."

5