Chapter 11
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wipe away the sweat from my forehead and start butchering the corpse near me. I'm currently inside a forest far away from the village. The forest around the village did not have many monsters any longer because of my constant hunt.

As I get deeper into the forest, I encounter a stronger monster than the forest area near the village. This time, it was a deer-type monster with a glowing antler that could fire an arch of lightning.

This monster moves fast, faster than the boar. However, just like the boar, it keeps charging at me and makes its move predictable. I can use the trees and boulders in this place to let the monster crash and get stunned.

Sadly, every time I get closer to the monster, my body gets electrocuted by that antler.

If I take too long near them, I will receive damage or, even worse, get stunned. I once got stunned for a second, and the monster managed to stab me with its antler. I still have the scar from that incident. Even with the help of the potion, it did not disappear.

After placing all the meat and the hide inside my inventory, I take out an ax I bought from the villager yesterday to take the antler. I was surprised when the shopkeeper asked about the antler the other day. It is worth quite a lot of money.

I snap my finger and clean my body using the water that is pouring above me. This is the power of my Water Rune. I can conjure drinkable water using my rune and one spell I can use. The same with my Wind Rune. However, instead of water, I can conjure a gush of wind.

What makes them even more useful is I can control the amount of temperature of the water and wind.

|Water Rune (Suikoden)| |Passive/Active| |Level: 12|

|The descendant of the True Water Rune that governs over the water of the world, this rune gives the user slight control over water.|

{Effect: Give the user slight control over water, and the higher this rune, the larger amount of water you can control and an ability to breathe underwater.}

[Spell: Kindness Drops (4 times a day)]

|Wind Rune (Suikoden)| |Passive/Active| |Level: 9|

|The descendant of the True Wind Rune that governs over the wind of the world, this rune gives the user slight control over wind.|

{Effect: Give the user slight control over wind, and the higher this rune, the larger amount of water you can control.}

[Spell: Wind of Sleep (4 times a day)]

Kindness Drops is a spell that lets me heal myself and cure negative effects such as poison and silence. Poison is obvious, but you might wonder what the silence effect is. Well, it is just that. This effect will not let me cast spells.

This world rune needs a vocal activation to activate its power, and the silence effect will prevent me from casting any spell.

It was a useless ability if I got infected by the silence effect, but Water Rune users usually stayed at the back far enough from the enemy.

As for my Wind Rune spell… Well, it was a gambling kind of spell. I have a forty percent chance of it working. Wind of Sleep is just like its name. It let me release a soothing wind that let my enemies sleep.

The sleep effect lasts for a minute, and they will wake up if a strong enough force hits them.

However, it only works on a mentally weaker opponent. They can resist it without a problem if they have great mental resistance. However, it was still a useful spell to have as even monsters can get affected by this spell even with all that odd.

Other than those spells, I also can control a little bit of the element the rune represents. For example, I can conjure up to forty liters of water and create a gush of strong wind to lose my enemy's balance.

I use it to slow down a monster who is charging at me. It works wonders for me.

After cleaning my body and drying my clothes, I walk away from the forest. Tomorrow will be the day I fight in the elimination stage. I need to get back to Sol-Falena and prepare.

|The next day|

I walk along the street of Sol-Falena and buy some of the food from the food vendor on the side of the street. My destination? The inner part of the city where the barrack is located. As I get closer to the barrack, I can see a lot of people already gathering in front of the barrack.

I slowly push away the people and arrive in front of the guard.

"What do you want? You can't just get inside this building. Only the participant can get inside."

"I'm a participant. Here is my card."

I show him my card and see him put my card on an orb. When he sees it glow, he gives back my card and says,

"Go ahead. You can get inside."

I nod my head and walk inside the barrack, where I can see many people inside the building. Just how many people are in this place? I shake my head and search for a chair. When I found one, I sat on it.

A blue panel appeared in front of me when I sat on the chair.

|Quest Completed!|

|Win the Sacred Games| |Chain Quest|

|Task 2: Join the Sacred Games within 10 days|

|Reward: 1000 Shop Points|

Oh! I wonder why it did not appear when I finished registering my name for this tournament. I need to get to the barrack before the quest can be completed.

|Win the Sacred Games| |Chain Quest|

|Task 3: Win the first stage of the elimination stage|

|Reward: Skill booster pack|

What the hell is a skill booster pack? Does it boost my skill level? What happens if I have a lot of stages for a skill like my swordsmanship skill? I shake my head and focus on the current matter. I'm nervous. I don't have the power of the real game system. If I have that kind of system, I can compare my level to my opponent and think of a way to defeat them.

"Attention! The fight will start in a few minutes! However, because of the number of participants in this year's Sacred Games, you will go into an all-out-fight and the last three participants will go to the next stage."

All-out-fight? That meant I did not need to fight and only fought if necessary. Let the others fight themselves out, then take them out one by one.

"Take out your card and look at the back of it. There should be a number on it. The first fight is a fighter from number one to number seventy."

I take out my card and see that I have the number fifty-seven. That means I will fight first. Good. Let's get this over with.

"The fight will start in three minutes! Good luck!"

4