Volume 1 chapter 3
321 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Instinct to survive'


 I once heard in a documentary that animals instinct and bodily functions  are far more developed to aid them preserve their life in harsh environment other thing that they experienced in such environment was survival of the fittest though to experience such condition now makes it difficult and I feel anxious remembering what I saw, the animals killing each other this time I  remember their flesh being  torn apart a bit more vividly maybe due to my paranoia yet what helped me is another documentary which was my favorite it had a catch phrase to "never give up" I tried to keep calm maybe these are my monster instincts taking effect which makes me more stabilized. My guess is that it would be best to adhere to these feelings Yeah I turned into a monster it is better to think like one....

NO HELL NO!!!!!!

What was that to think and behave like a monster is just me giving up on humanity how did my thoughts developed to such a way of thinking. 

[Resisted mind corruption by dungeon Psychic resistance level 1 obtained]

Hahahaha!!!! So now I am having mind issues too this place is crazy!!! and it wants to drive me crazy too hahaha!!!. 

However I came here and whatnot can be left aside it's best if I can maintain my sense yeah I will devour to live and carve my way with whatever I have those insects are a hurdle to it.

After that a few more scouts came and I killed those than again my [Bite] skill had some advantage again insect type and [Charm] made them less vary of me but [Absorption] was the skill that completely ruined my expectations it didn't absorb stats or skill only things absorbed were the memories and only a few fragments on top of that utterly useless I thought I can't use their memories they are completely different from me even biologically it was useless.

 Until the kill count increased the memories came together and by that I found out that a group of those insects lead by a squad leader of sort is coming my way so this [Absorption] is a alarm that rang and warns me of the intruder after killing the intruder hahaha!!!! This is so useless yeah it worked this time since those insects act in a group but the strong ones goes solo so I had to kill the foes and it will warn me after that great this is the greatest equipment in my arsenal... (Laughing like a madman). My [Bite] skill won't work on that squad leader....

(Few hours later)

Seems like that was the last scout *Chomp* . Few minutes more and the group of insects will be here. Seems like the only thing left is believe in my preparations so none of my attacks can deal with the leader and group together yet I made preparation thanks to my new skill after leveling up and it is...

*Buzz* *Cave rumble* they are here so to describe this group it's a nightmare those scouts from before was like meatshield thrown ahead to deal with potential traps and were negligible in offense yet I had to be careful while hunting them, I can only take down one when it's moving solo and had to depend on surprise attack so what consists of this group are soldier who can't be taken down even by surprise attacks and a squad leader to whom my attacks might as well be dealing 0 damage literally total nullification a group of hundreds of such tough mob came and they passed by YUP!!!! they are marching forward without stopping here how this happened was the effect of the wonderful skill  [Illusion] now the whole place around me should appear like a wall as a result these insects continued their march without paying any attention to me my preparation to level up [Illusion] was a success I never stopped creating one and brought it to level 3 together with the effects of [Charm] I am now invisible to them I can finally celebrate Oh!! once they all left maybe 10 more minutes.... 

Hmm.... that is the squad leader the difference being their size and number of spikes on their body scouts 15 to 20cm with hardly any spikes soldier 30 to 35cm with 5-10 spikes while the leader only had 4 spikes on it's head it was around 50 cm in size and black unlike other mix of black and red insects it came near to me and stared I felt chill running through me then that monstrosity spat at the wall and it melted after looking at that it stepped ahead though that bitch sprayed a very tiny amount of it on me and now my body is decaying, my second life was a short lived and much worse.... Huh? Seems like one soldier was left behind I will take it with me my special "Act of vengeance Bite" *Chomp* ah!! Still my hp is decreasing I didn't obtain a single regeneration skill but that was horrible to think the only food I ate in this life was insect and not a single delacy enjoyed....

[Max level reached evolution choices are available]

Guess I can live show me the choices.

[Old  wooden mimic- slightly higher defense 

Rugged wooden mimic- slightly higher offense]

Defense or offense I would have tossed a coin in game and gone for whatever came but this is reality and even if I had stronger defense I am a sitting duck not a fortress and my attacks are only [Bite] so guess the choice is to kill them before they reach near me.

[Evolution commencing rugged wooden mimic selected]

Hmm a flash of light and it ended just like that I guess the decaying effect ended.

[Acid resistance (medium) level 4

Null and dark attribute magic bullets level 1

Null, dark and wood magic level 1 obtained]

Acid resistance is thanks to that bastard and seems like I am on the wizard route with ranged attacks so what are my stats now I wonder?

[ STATUS WINDOW

Name- Sterling 

Species- Rugged wooden mimic

Level- 1

HP- 20 --> 80 MP- 10 --> 100

Str- 5 --> 20  Def- 5 -->10       

Agi - 0        

Skills- Surrounding sense level 10, Transform level 2, Bite level 3, Absorption level 2, Charm level 3, Acid resistance (medium) level 4, Null and dark attribute magic bullets level 1, Null, dark and wood magic level 1, Psychic resistance level 1]

0 AGI (agility) is thanks to me being unable to move thinking back maybe I was meant to be a defensive tank or fortress but now I need cannons to hold the fort I didn't regret my choice and those magic bullets skills I hope they are good though obtaining magic wood, dark and null is vague guess it's time to run some tests.

(Few hours and explosions later)

Haaah this was satisfying cars, guns and explosion these three were something I was devoted to and admired though I found guns and explosion maybe hypercars will be built by me in this world that is so interesting, so the mana bullets took 5 MP and are single kill concentrated shots it and magic is something like this-

Wood- Moves vine and summon small treants soldiers (not good enough for fight but hella cute)

Dark- Debuffs the target decreases energy and creates a sense of fear in target.

Null- Creates an explosion with 10 MP strong enough to deal with multiple soldier insect monsters. 

I intend to take down those group that crossed from here before but the sheer number of the soldier was crazy so I am gonna remodel this cave some explosion to make this a place where a single soldier can enter at once my charm skill will bring them here though taking down multiple enemies with explosion is more effective this is a measure to deal with their elites a crazy idea came to me to take down the leader before demolishing the army as it is my mana is miniscule than detonate the entrance. For now I will wait.

(Few hours later)

Woah it worked that bastard was Charmed and is now making it's way here come have some debuffs from dark magic [Stamina decrease] [Fear was negated] half the intended effect it became troublesome for no reason so next in the lineup is null magic bullets it had more penetration power than dark attribute bullets (gives slight debuff) so they are used it's hard sometimes it attacks the rock and stagnates it was a short yet prolonged fight cause I still thought that the enemy was superior in strength even getting hit 6 times out of 7 it didn't stop while near the 11th shot the leader was still alive, a single hit from this monster was enough to send me to my grave yet my hope 12th shot hit not on the skull but through it's eyes than reaching brain accompanying splattered blood and flesh ugh !!@$%& that was not something I want to see *Mentally vomits* Body of a mosquito was difficult to aim at as it get close I concentrated more and finally hit the eye but can't move my eyes after that and took in the gruesome sight ugh *Mentally vomits again*

The leader was down the mobs came but my skill [Bite] took down those who came through the opening solo and as my mana recovers I would make some explosions outside seems like the death of the leader triggers some berserk effect and so they kept their march till none were left but I managed cause they had poking attacks like a mosquito as their only way to attack their acid wasn't strong enough to melt the rocks also explosion brought more rocks from the surroundings to cover the entrance so that not many can enter at once but the decisive factor was bite which didn't use mana so till my MP recharge from an explosion it was the main weapon as my [Tranform] skill reached level 3 after the fight with the leader I was was able to transform more of my body into a mouth to give more area to the bite skill so at the end of the fight I evolved again two choices defense and offense so now I am a [Thorny wooden mimic]....

Names in this species suck the lowest of dragon will still be called a dragon yet 'Thorny' and 'Wooden' will I be a 'Golden' mimic at the end *sob*

So time for status check

[ STATUS WINDOW

Name- Sterling 

Species- Thorny wooden mimic

Level- 1

HP- 80 --> 400 MP- 100 --> 1000

Str- 20 --> 80 Def- 10 -->40       

Agi - 0        

Skills- Surrounding sense level 10, Transform level 3, Bite level 5, Absorption level 2, Charm level 4, Acid resistance (medium) level 5, Null attribute magic bullets level 4, Dark attribute magic bullets level 2, Null magic level 4, Dark magic level 3, Wood magic level 2, Illusion level 4, MP regeneration level 1, Heal level 1, Psychic resistance level 1]

This isn't so user friendly system I level up from 1 to 10 in each evolution the required experience increases but my stats remain same throughout this leveling and my condition doesn't restore either when I level up only sometimes a new skill is obtained if I am lucky or conditions are met as such I obtained MP regeneration since I used my MP quickly as it recharges in battle yet it is still level 1 I wonder how did my sensing skills advanced so quickly at the start (chapter 1&2 skill reached level10) maybe it was the effect of my desperation to see or it seems the experienced required to level skills is distributed on the basis of what skill was more often used.

So the only skill obtained in this evolution was heal which was extremely necessary though despite my greed I will settle down with this for now cause the stat changes were rather good MP went up by 10x times so I think I will poke the hornets nest seems like their are 20 more of the squad leader level monster 5 leaders a stage above it around 5000 soldier and 1 queen (strength equal to soldier but refill the number of troops the time required to summon higher levels troops made it so that only 2-4 more might join the battle) so I moved near the nest as to how I moved was the help I received from summon treants that can now match soldier level insects their number are fix to 100 but they share slight memories of mine like an AI they try to replicate some but aren't that good yet can deal with 10 times their numbers by using vines and hiding

 Guerrilla warfare commenced and only 2000 soldier remained in the nest I experimented on 1 of the 5 top leaders it was dealt with but took some time and took 5 squad leader I took down the nest but the queen summoned a special chief of leaders sort of troop which was difficult and once it ended my [Acid resistance (medium) level 5] leveled up to [Acid resistance (medium) level 7] which seems to be struck at that so I managed this at the end I evolved once more and received a notification..

[Dungeon 1st floor cleared move to 2nd floor- Yes or No ]

Multiple floors I remember that hell like games which involved 100 floors clearing to end I hope this place has lesser number of floor I decided to move up after resting a bit.

5