Remnant
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jumping up, sweat rolls down my neck as I feel a presence inside of me start to recede. 

'What was that? That dream felt way too real... my heart was trying to jump out of my chest as I remember the emotions that I felt during that dream.'

Putting that thought on hold, I find myself surrounded by teenagers all sleeping in a giant room.

~Welcome To The World Of Remnant, Candidate!~

Remnant is a world full of monsters called Grimm and people who hunt these monsters called Huntsmen. Your main mission is to find and destroy the anomaly in this world.

Completion Rewards - Breathing Form

Failure - Destruction Of Remnant, Death.

Side Mission- Enroll in Beacon Academy

Completion Rewards - Random Class Card Unlocked

Failure - Destruction of Beacon Academy

Interesting... No tutorial or anything, just straight into the action? Thankfully I watched some of RWBY back near the end of my mercenary days so I have an idea of the story. Surveying my surroundings I spot the main cast in the distance already fast asleep. It seems that I am near the beginning of the storyline before they end up becoming team RWBY. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a mirror allowing me to get a good look myself. I nearly jump in surprise when I see that my eyes had taken on practically all of the colors of the rainbow. My hair stayed the same chestnut brown color it always was, and my body is still a slim but firm build. I was currently wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black hoodie.

I didn't see anything that I could use as a weapon, but I felt a slight pull on my soul that seemed to give me confidence. Thinking about what that pull could be, I realize that everyone is starting to wake up. I realize that the huntsman exam starts today and after a moment of hesitation, I walk toward the RWBY cast as they start heading toward an exit. I guess, whatever happens, happens.

//

In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best idea to come out to the huntsman exam without a landing plan. Standing on the plate that was going to launch me into the forest full of human killing Grimm the pull on my soul started to get stronger.  I zone out the speech that the headmaster was giving as a sense of anticipation fills me. The last words I hear before I get launched into the forest are the words,

"Do not hesitate to destroy anything in your path... or you will die."

Soaring through the air, all of the sounds starts to slowly disappear as I enter a meditative state. A voice rings out in my head.

'Why do you pursue strength?' 

Why do I want to be strong?  To never be hurt again, and to protect what I hold dear.

'What if you aren't strong enough? What if what you hold dear dies in front of you?'

I won't let that happen. If I'm not strong enough, then I will just get stronger, even if that means not fighting for what's right! The only thing that will hold me back is my willpower.

A moment of silence passes as the voice seems to ponder my words.

'You know what? I like you.' 

As the voice finishes speaking a memory starts playing in my head. A boy with jet black hair and piercing black eyes wearing all black holding a single black sword was standing in front of a giant blue monster wielding a sword that was bigger than his body. Even though the boy was obviously at a disadvantage he stood his ground as he gazed right into the eyes of the monster. After a moment of silence, only two words pass from the boy's mouth.

"Dual Wield."

The boy... No, the young man pulled out a beautiful blue sword to hold in his other hand, and this signaled the start of the fight. After a fight that would go down in history, the boy falls on the ground with a smile on his face as the monster disappears. A glance at his health revealed that he had only 1 hit point left, but that didn't bother him. The memory switches as the young man seemed to be slightly different. His features were almost entirely the same, except for the fact that he had black wings growing from his back. Jumping high up into the hair he starts to fly through the sky with a smile on his face. He may not have been someone who killed millions of people, and he wasn't the strongest, but he had the will to protect. His name was Kirigaya Kazuto, or better known as Kirito the black swordsman. The memory fades one last time as I am broken from my reverie, and two words find their way into my mouth.

"Install Saber."

My hair and eyes both change to a jet black color, as my jeans also turn black. Two swords and a pair of wings form on my back, allowing me to safely land. My body was filled with a sense of power as Saber sends a thought to me.

'Let's go, I hear sounds of fighting from the north.'

Inwardly nodding I launch forward at speeds I never thought possible before. A growl from my side stops me from moving as I lock eyes with a single Beowulf. I smirk at the wolf as I pull out a jet black sword, sprinting toward it at the same time. The Beowulf's first instinct was to jump at me to bite my neck, allowing me to slide underneath it and bisect it at the same time without losing any momentum.

'Ya know, I can get used to this.'

//

Kirito class sheet

Parameters

Strength: A+
Agility: A
Endurance: A
Prana: D
Luck: D

Class Skills:
Magical Resistance (EX): Can cancel all spells simply by blocking it with a sword. However, if the spell does not travel through the intervening space between caster and target, it cannot be blocked and is therefore unaffected by this skill.
Riding (D): Can ride most simple vehicles with average skill (Servant Saber did not have this skill in life, and therefore has a low rank unbecoming of the Saber-class).

Personal Skills:

Arms Blast (A): By targeting the weak points of an enemy's equipment, the Servant can cause damage and destroy weapons and armor. At this level, it is possible to destroy all non-noble Phantasm weapons and armor with a single hit.

Battle Continuation (A): Makes it possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound. Not only does the Servant have great physical and mental fortitude, but his bizarre nature as a virtual entity allows him to feel little pain and ignore his wounds.

Charisma (C): Servant is highly compelling and inspirational, capable of compelling others to assist him for little to no reward. Servant inspires great courage and loyalty and can win over entire nations. Ranked down due to the Servants' anti-social nature. Ranked up to A if talking to a female.

Clairvoyance (B): Can see in absolute darkness and fog, and can keep track of all fast-moving objects within his line of sight. At this level, it can be said that nothing escapes the Servant's notice.

Eternal Arms Mastership (A): Servant Saber's dual-sword fighting style is as much a part of him as his limbs. His skill is unrivaled, and even without the System Assist provided by SAO, he shows himself to be an extremely competent swordsman. By near-complete merging of mind, body, and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of all but the strongest mental hindrance.

Eye of the Mind (True) (B): Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Flight (B): Servant Saber is capable of sprouting black wings and taking flight at supersonic speeds. However, the flight cannot be sustained for more than ten minutes.

Guardian Knight (B): Born of devoting himself to protecting those weaker than himself during the SAO death game. Servant Saber gains a one-rank bonus to all stats when protecting others.

Noble Phantasms:

ElucidatorThe Blade of the Beater (B)
(Support)
This is the sword Servant Saber used the most within the world of Sword Art Online. It is a crystallization of his reputation as a Beater, the Black Swordsman. As a front-line fighter, Saber had seen all that the world of SAO contained, and was always perfectly prepared. When held, Servant Saber perfectly understands all of his opponent's abilities, as long as he has seen it used at least once before. This does not grant him any knowledge that might lead him to the Servant's identity, including the name of a Noble Phantasm; it merely grants knowledge of the abilities and limitations of any technique, weapon, or ability he has seen before.

Dark RepulserThe Sword that Defeats the Villain (EX)
(Anti-Unit)
This is the sword meant to be carried by the Hero who defeats the Villain. It is the sword Saber wielded against the mad creator of Sword Art Online and is infused with the concept of victory over evil. To activate this Noble Phantasm, Servant Saber must designate a target that he believes with all his might must be killed, either because he is truly evil or because his actions will bring about evil. Once Dark Repulser has been called, all events that were <<Impossible>> now become <<Possible>>. Battle Continuation becomes EX, allowing Servant Saber to continue fighting even when he should have died. He can ignore any effect that would prevent him from defeating his chosen target, including death, the power of a Noble Phantasm, or even a Command Seal. However, calling this Noble Phantasm requires absolute conviction and can only happen if Saber's will to fight exceeds the bounds of reality. Invoking a Command Seal can achieve this effect.

 

2