Chapter 12- Not These Guys Again
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took less than a day to return to June.

The old man was correct. 

By following a certain path in the forest I was able to return just over a day after I had left for the forest.

Although I was greeted by a hurt sister, I figured it was punishment for leaving her for two months.

Although it was merely a day for everyone else- one day to someone like June was a lifetime.

Fortunately, I had come prepared to appease her by buying her favorite snacks beforehand plus a movie once we returned home.

Later, as I rested comfortably in my bed after putting my sister to sleep, I was shocked to realize that I had become familiar with the apartment I had once found completely alien to me, who was an actual alien.

I’ve already gotten too used to this world. 

Well, it’s not as if I miss my old world too badly.

My life back then was…

Nevermind.

I’ve already embraced this new life, so no need to talk about the past.

Anyways, with that whole ordeal with my training over, it should be smooth sailing for a while.

Recalling the novel, there shouldn’t be any significant events until the terrorist attack on Asakagi Tower, which takes place about a month from now.

Training for hours on days for over a month has tired me out.

From now on, I can relax and relive my life like an actual teenager…

***

I hate my life.

My life is the worst.

I wish I could end it all.

“I challenge you to a duel Kanemoto!”

The day after I returned, a wild baby lion appeared in front of me as I was enjoying studying.

“What?”

“I said I challenge-”

“Ever.”

I turned back around to continue watching funny videos on my phone while sipping on a fresh soda in a secluded corner of the cafeteria during lunch.

I could feel a burning sensation on my neck, most likely the lion’s fur igniting with rage.

She took me by surprise as a pair of hands took my chair and turned it toward her.

As I faced her once again she told me:

“Look. I’m saying this respectfully. I want to duel you. This isn’t for some grudge, just… for an understanding of your abilities.”

“If you’re formidable then there’s a good chance we could end up working together often.”

“Is that some roundabout way of asking me out?”

She was once again filled to the brim with anger, but surprisingly, she held it in.

“As if you of all people are capable of handling someone like me.”, she responded in a mature tone.

“1. No one could handle you. 2. No. I respectfully decline your duel.”

“And why is that?”

“I’m simply just tired.”

“And?”

“That’s all. I’m exhausted alright? Let me relax.”

“Oh ho. Chickenin’ out?”

Suddenly, a new enemy appeared.

“Not confident? Too scared?”

“Damien Enosuke, everyone. King of stereotypical bullying.”

“Oi fucker, how bout’ I stereotypically beat the shit out of you.”

“I’m busy studying for the upcoming field test- so walk away chuuni lumberjack.”

“Pfft.”, the lioness snickered.

The white-haired lumberjack glared at the lion cub, who looked away and glared back at me.

“But you don’t even have your stuff out…”

We exchanged awkward stares before he broke the silence.

“Gunman, duel me instead of her. Her skills are premature, so it wouldn’t be satisfying.” 

“My my! How chivalrous! The bunny rabbit and the lion cub, romantic!”

“You’re making it hard to continue this conversation. At this point, I might just take whatever comes out of your mouth next as an agreement to our duel. Hey! Maybe we can even start right here!”, he proclaimed.

“Hold on now!”

Suddenly another enemy appears!

This time a dark blue-haired wolf.

“How about we take this outside friends?”

“Sorry, I won’t be a part of your antics. Do it yourselves and don’t forget to have fun while you’re at it!”

“And take the baby lion with you!”, I added.

“Hey fucker I’ve been putting up with your insults for a while out of respect, but if you call me that one more time I swear to God!”

“Okay, okay. Sorry pussy… cat.”

“Did you intentionally stall your words?”

“No, I have a speech disorder.”

“But you’ve been talking fine this whole time.”, the rabbit pointed out.

“It happens when I’m surrounded by annoying people.”

“Then less talking, more action yeah?”, he responded as he pulled out a dangerous aura.

“Actually, I’m allergic to rabbits! So go away now- alright? Pyon Pyon!”

“You wouldn’t want to hurt a little weakling like me, would ya?”, I said in a cutesy voice as I tried to do puppy eyes.

“Don’t worry! As the eventual world’s strongest, I’ll take my time with you. That way when they talk about me later on they’ll see just how merciful I was.”

“The chunnibyou in you is spilling out.”, I responded blatantly.

While the baby lion continued to chuckle at my responses, the wolf continued to annoyingly add on.

“How about you duel with me instead?”

“You? I wanna beat the weakling, not someone who’s almost at my level.”

“Leave. It’s not rabbit season yet, so I’m not interested.”

This atmosphere…

The air that surrounded the four of us… immediately reminded me of my past life.

My friend group would often exchange insults like this. We were the best of friends. We were known as the tightest group of friends. 

Even after graduation, our fun saw no end. Without a doubt, it would have lasted even to our deathbeds.

“Hah.”, I blurted.

The three stared at me as if I had said something shocking.

“What’s funny?”

“Ah. Nothing. Just… remembered something good.”

“Alright. You’ve made it weird now. This is technically our first meeting, so… yeah, I’m outta here.”

“I’ll be waiting for you though, so hurry up and admit defeat already.”

Ah. That’s right. These people aren’t my friends. 

I will most likely never return to those times ever again.

Still, it was nice to be reminded.

“Ah! Hey, I have an idea!”, the wolf announced.

“The upcoming test! Let’s all work together!”

Hah?

“That’s stup-”

As I tried to oppose his request, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

The moment I opened it and looked at the notification, I knew that this was his plan all along.

[You have joined Adrian’s Circle group chat]

The other two seemed to already have some knowledge about the situation.

“Oi! I said I didn’t wanna join!”, the rabbit whined.

“I never would have agreed if he was joining too!”, the cub complained.

“C’mon! Let’s get along!”

As he said that, he shot me a cheeky smile.

This bastard. I hate my life.

The bunny and the cub stopped complaining and resorted to arguing in the group chat as my phone continued to irritatingly vibrate on and on in my hand.

Goddammit. I’m surrounded by troublesome beasts.

I’m never surviving this place, am I?

2