Chapter 3
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave clenched his fist and was about to turn around. However, the moment he moved, he found himself floating in darkness again.

"So all of this was a simple illusion before death? Although it was so fucking real! I knew I wasn't so lucky. Why would that person be me even if someone was called to another world? I am a loser who does nothing all day! The things I am good at are all useless!"

Shouted Dave angrily, but in a few seconds, he found himself in a familiar area. He was on the same bridge where he fell off; however, the place this time was blurry and much darker. As Dave looked around, he noticed that although everything was darker, the sun was glowing red and also some sort of purple mist was covering everything around him. He could barely see for a dozen meters around him. As he looked at himself, he was wearing the clothes he was wearing before he fell down.

"What the hell is going on?! Is this hell where I will continuously reexperience my death or what?!"

Shouted Dave as he furiously looked around once again. Behind him, a figure walked through the mist, and as Dave turned around, he realised that the newcomer was no other than himself. The person looked exactly like him, but the only difference he noticed was that the person had purple eyes.

"Wait, what?! I should have yellowish-green eyes, as far as I know!"

Thought dave to himself as he was watching himself walk past him. Dave noticed that the further his copy got from him, the slower time seemed to go by. Dave stopped by the fence of the bridge and looked around just as Dave did. Since it was much slower than it should be, Dave decided to walk next to himself and put his hand on his shoulders. Much to his surprise, he was able to grab and feel his other self; however, no reaction came from the copy. Soon a figure walked from the same direction Dave's purple-eyed self came from. The person had the characteristics of a human being. However, they were fully black, wore no cloth and seemed to consist of some sort of cloudy matter.

The being extended their left hand, and the fence next to the purple-eyed Dave cracked and bent outwards. Then came a sudden burst of wind. The wind had absolutely no effect on Dave; however, the version of him in this world was influenced by it and was first pushed to the bent fence; then, he was lifted up and pushed away from the bridge. Dave witnessed all of it in slow motion and, in a fury, rushed to the being who had their hand extended still. Dave punched the being; however, his hand phased through the body of the being.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! I am clearly going insane! I don't care anymore!"

Dave punched the being once again, but this attempt yielded the same results, so he took a deep breath in and walked to the opposite side of the bridge. Once he was there, he gave a deep sigh once again and started running forward. Dave jumped across the cloudy being, over the fence and into the cloud under the bridge. The moment he jumped, he closed his eyes and shouted.

"Geronimo!"

Dave was prepared to be either hit by a slowed car or land without accidents and to either die or just feel immense pain and be injured; however, the moment he landed, he felt no pain at all. He opened his eyes, and he landed on the top of a very slowly moving car. He quickly jumped off and looked around. He noticed the falling version of him and the car that was going to hit him. Although the purple version of Dave was still far from being him, the real Dave rushed over to him. Dave jumped up and tried to push the slowly falling Dave; however, he couldn't even move him.

"What have I sinned to be forced to rewatch my death in slow motion?! WHY CAN'T I JUST DIE AND DISAPPEAR WITHOUT PHYSICAL AND MENTAL PAIN?!"

Screamed Dave at the top of his lungs, tears filled his eyes, but he jumped back up again and again. He tried his very best to push his other self and avoid the inevitable. He jumped up many times, and then after some time, the purple-eyed version of him was low enough for him to read without jumping. But it was all to no avail. Thar and the slowed Dave collided, and suddenly everything's speed went back to their original. Dave was stunned for a second and fell; an incoming car phased through him. Dave stood up, rubbed his eyes walked over to the side of the road where his purple-eyed version was laying covered in blood. As Dave looked at the bloody corpse, he fell to his knees and felt dizzy and vomited.

"WHY?!"

Cried Dave while his tears and his slaver mixed on his face. Dave cleaned his mouth, pushed himself up and stumbled over to the corpse. He looked down at the pool of blood and at the body and then was about to walk away; however, suddenly, something grabbed his hand. He quickly looked back to see what it was. His hand was being held by the corps; its hand was painted red, and its skin was impaled by its bone. After witnessing this, Dave was frozen in place; he wasn't even able to speak or shout. He just stood there and stared at the corpse, which was slowly pushing itself up. The corps sat up and looked at Dave and spoke up.

"We need to talk... Dave!"

As the corps finished talking, the surrounding mist completely vanished, and the sun's colour went back to normal. Every car in the arena vanished, and also, the corps stood up.

"You are quite a unique person, Dave!"

Continued the corps, but its voice changed. Previously its voice was identical to Dave's, but this time it was much deeper. The corps stood up and looked directly into the shocked Dave's eye and let go of his hand. After letting go, Dave looked down at the ground and then back at the head of the formal corpse, and every injury vanished from its body.

"It seems you don't really understand what is going on... I can understand to be honest... Well, I think I should start from the beginning and slowly build things up for you to understand, Dave."

Said the purple-eyed Dave as he grabbed the shoulder of the real Dave and slightly smiled. However, Dave was still shocked and only managed to take a step back as he stared at his copy.

"My real name is Drozon-On Norn Inho. I know for you it sounds quite strange, but we have different names compared to your world. Just call me Doni; I think that is quite easy for you to remember, yes?"

Said Doni, and he snapped his fingers, and a table and two chairs appeared next to them on the now empty road. The furniture was made of purple mist and seemed quite durable as Doni sat down and didn't collapse beneath him. Doni waved, inviting Dave to sit down. At first, he hesitated but gave in and sat down.

"I can see that you are still quite reluctant. Let's ease up your mood a bit. Tell me, Dave, where do you think you are now?"

Asked Doni as he leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms.

"This might be some sort of test. He is probably testing me. He will probably decide how to go forward after my reply. Hah, great... is it some sort of personalised torture?!"

Thought Dave, and he started smiling and slightly sweating. Then he spoke up.

"Where? Great question. I would say we are in my mind because I have felt no pain in this scenario! Everything felt like an illusion, except for you. You, on the other hand, feel too real."

"It seems the lucky one is quite clever. Great, it makes my job much easier. Yes, you are right, partly; everything you see is nothing more than a mere mirage, except, of course, me. I am you as you are me. But before you ask, you have been chosen out of many people. Let's just say you will have another shot at life, well, two to be more precise, but the first will be quite different."

Replied Doni quickly and smiled. Dave closed his eyes for a few seconds and then stared into Doni's eyes. And asked

"What do you mean, have another two shots at life?"

"Just as it sounds. But first, allow me to congratulate and welcome my successor and the lucky winner, a new demon lord, Dave Dalin. "

Said Doni with a wide smile. Dave, on the other hand, was shocked and stood up.

"W-what did you say?!"

0