Chapter 4
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So the previous events in that cave were not illusions? That was real?"

Asked Dave with a serious look, and Doni instantly replied.

"Yes. That was true and is still true, but I needed to have a chat with you before you go and do something foolish and die. First of all, we are one being now. You could say one body, two minds."

"Why, must I be the demon lord?!"

"The? No-no. It seems you have read too much fantasy. Yes, before you ask, I do know what you know, but you, unfortunately, can't learn what I know. Anyway, back to the explanation. Being A, and not THE demon lord. What you know is a single being who has the TITLE of a demon lord. However, in this world, titles are worth nothing. Power, on the other hand, is everything. To be a demon lord, one must break the limitations of their body and step beyond that threshold. Or, to be more precise, evolve."

Doni stood up and walked behind Dave, who seemed unsettled. Doni smiled. However, Dave spoke up before he could have continued his explanation.

"Just what sort of demon are you? What do you want from me? I am sure "Being the lucky one!" is nothing but a mere picture to make it sound cool and promising. However, in reality, I am sure you want me to do things I wouldn't want to do. Also, wasn't your power taken away or something like that?"

"Hah"

Laughed Doni as he grabbed Dave's shoulders and pulled him up. As Dave turned around to look into Doni's eyes, he noticed that Doni had a dreadful smile, and his eyes were giving off a purple aura. Dave slightly twinkled and pushed Doni's hands off of his shoulders and stepped back. Then Doni continued.

"Since you asked, I will oblige and tell you what you want to KNOW and not what you probably want to HEAR. So, let's get it over with; I am a vampire and what I want from you is your help and collaboration, and in return, you will get a brand new life filled with excitement. Not a life where you are nothing. Not a life where if you vanished, barely anyone would notice that you are missing. What I need your help with is simple, revenge. Oh, and don't get me wrong, but Dave Dalin is no more. When you wake up, you will be Dave, the half-blooded vampire."

"WHAT?!?!"

"You will be the only being alive who is able to use both blessings and chaos magic. Or, in other words, Human magic and demon magic. And with my unique skill, it will be relatively fast for you to become a demon lord. Worst case scenario, a few decades."

"A few decades? I am an average human! How do you expect me to be able to fight in a few decades? Not that I can fight now."

"I already told you, you are no longer just a human! And, of course, since I am part of you, I will hold your hand and help you. Not literally; that would be strange, and of course, that would be impossible."

Said Doni, and he walked a few meters away. He closed his fists, and when he opened them, a few seconds later, there was a flame in each of his palms.

"I have to tell you something, Dave. You are not the only one who is helping someone get his revenge."

"What do you mean?"

"You have witnessed your death in slow motion, yet you didn't notice?! There is no wind which could be only a portion of a bridge, and to the extent that had happened there! Someone wanted to kill you with magic."

As Doni finished speaking, he quickly turned around, slapped his hands together and extended them while separating them forward. From his hands, a small bolt of fire erupted, which hit Dave and exploded as it hit him.

0